IGNORED

Aphex Coachella.

donquixote

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is being streamed right? Anyone working on ripping the stream? Guess it's gonna be in the middle of the night UK.

I don't believe it'll be streamed (rarely gives permission for pro-shot live streams other than the field day NTS stream). Also, he's not on the streaming list on youtube https://www.youtube.com/coachella

It's hard to tell due to audio quality if the "SAW 3" tracks people are referring to are a recent production or not. Some of it sounds like it could have been made 10-25 years ago. Whereas those collapse tracks when first unveiled live were obviously more recent.

It's hard to tell due to audio quality if the "SAW 3" tracks people are referring to are a recent production or not. Some of it sounds like it could have been made 10-25 years ago. Whereas those collapse tracks when first unveiled live were obviously more recent.

Agreed, I havent had a chance to fully comb through either this set or brooklyn, but i havent heard anything so "obviously new" as when he debuted xmas at the Metz gig, or the collapse tracks.

But if im wrong and have missed some next level shit in a video that someone posted, would appreciate if someone points me to it.

At the Mexico gig i could have sworn i was hearing unreleased aphex tracks but they turned out to be by other producers :)  Which makes me happy as I get exposed to new music but also had a crazy experience during the show.

Agreed, I havent had a chance to fully comb through either this set or brooklyn, but i havent heard anything so "obviously new" as when he debuted xmas at the Metz gig, or the collapse tracks.

But if im wrong and have missed some next level shit in a video that someone posted, would appreciate if someone points me to it.

At the Mexico gig i could have sworn i was hearing unreleased aphex tracks but they turned out to be by other producers :) Which makes me happy as I get exposed to new music but also had a crazy experience during the show.

Relisten to the first 10 mins of this gig. Timeless AFX.

Yeah, hoping for clearer quality and some kind of playlist of the best recordings and highlights, after he's done with this round of concerts.

Relisten to the first 10 mins of this gig. Timeless AFX.

hmm... I measure by how queer a track is and not really timelessness. And listening to the recording feels like when you hear the concert going on from outside the venue, where you can't quite hear the individual parts well enough, especially the bass.

Seriously though the first track reminds me of 'On' and just gives me real 90s aphex vibes from what I can make out, but that doesn't mean anything.  It's just hard to tell. It sounds like it could be something he made forever ago or last week. The bass and some of the drums do feel like T69 and/or Syro type drums. 

Archived