Sign in to follow this  
donquixote

Aphex Coachella.

^that was pretty amazing. I'd love to know as well.

Also I’d love to hear Lisbon Acid live one day

Yo what is the track at 2:10? Raving hard here at this low quality footage.

full video up on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/bd5cl3/aphex_twin_coachella_2019_full_tracklisting/

that's a lot of unreleased stuff, damn!!

What is really awesome to me is that they're actually playing live for the first 20 min!  Not just played an unreleased mastered track as for Metz, Primavera...

Posted (edited)

^^yep yep yep. Real live phex. Mad times.

Edited by donquixote

the w32.deadcode at 57 minutes sounds like richard covering his own track. Holy shit that's fucking rad. It sounds like more recent synth style.

The song at 1:17 is lovely. Wonder if that's being played live or if it's an unreleased track or if it's somebody besides aphex.

So uh who is the chick up there with him at both Coachella and the Brooklyn show?

It's his mum.

god bless wake an blake

2411b6027c45e7dfca0c28bd18c5d177.jpg

the first 20 min sounds like live drum twiddling over drumless tracks.  But with the actual drum machines, as opposed to my noob twiddling with rebirth back in the 90s.  But the delay and feedback tweedles are apparent.  And he definitely worked that shit.

the first 20 min sounds like live drum twiddling over drumless tracks.  But with the actual drum machines, as opposed to my noob twiddling with rebirth back in the 90s.  But the delay and feedback tweedles are apparent.  And he definitely worked that shit.

What you mean? Delay and feedback of the synths sounds? 

How come more people aren't talking about this track 

Delay and feedback on the drums, to build up the "snare rush", or to inhibit the dancers into a sense of euphoria, then cutting the fx out when you want the beat to kick in strong and blow up the dance floor.  Just a guess, friend.

Delay and feedback on the drums, to build up the "snare rush", or to inhibit the dancers into a sense of euphoria, then cutting the fx out when you want the beat to kick in strong and blow up the dance floor.  Just a guess, friend.

Sorry I thought you meant "not really live played" saying apparent. My bad 

Yeah I'm totally with you on this, feeling this kind of uniqueness in the performance is really great!

Posted (edited)

Yeah I'm starting to wonder if these "saw 3" tracks are really just a little multi-timbral FM synth,  drum machine sampler, and cirklon tempo synced to the laptop. That w32.deadcode track sounded like the same synth. Honestly I think that's the highlight track of the new tracks played at the coachella set. I want the clean version badly.

Edited by Bubba69

pheel good song here

pheel good song here

Yeah, that's an interesting track for sure

Yeah really like the vibe in this track! New shit imminent? 😁

Yeah really like the vibe in this track! New shit imminent?

Well Collapse came out over a year after DFN....and XMAS came two or three years after Metz.

...so don't hold your breath.

Here's my up of this set - i bassed it up and normalized it then amped it <-only "remastering " I did. anyone know the original user so i can credit him/her? ITs not in the drive  textfile... https://www.mixcloud.com/keyfumbler/aphex-twin-coachella-weekend-1-2019/