IGNORED

Today: WARP30 / Live from NTS London

pera

Seeing as you can buy a Mezzanine reissue boxset for a small fortune, which has a similar effect on the brain as a whole jar of sleeping pills.

What would the bounty be for a Squarepusher treasure chest archive boxset? 

Release The Kraken! 

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, beer badger said:

Seeing as you can buy a Mezzanine reissue boxset for a small fortune, which has a similar effect on the brain as a whole jar of sleeping pills.

What would the bounty be for a Squarepusher treasure chest archive boxset? 

Release The Kraken! 

Last album I got was Hello everything, I'd def splurge the cash on a collection of stuff like this. 

I can't really wrap my head around Tom's reluctance towards releasing any archival stuff. I can understand that as an artist he wants to delve into new territories and try out new things, but like all the big archival dumps have proved, releasing old stuff to the masses doesn't take the spotlight away from your new work. In SP's case it's kinda contradictory since every time he has puts a new album out, the discussion eventually turns into us moaning for the archival tracks. It's especially us who are not so much into Ufabulufurries stuff. I believe that if Tom just put the damn archive tracks out it would create some breathing air for the reception of the new stuff. I mean, then we could focus on that solely and not on crying for these old tunes.

Dunno how aware he is about our opinions though. One possibility is that he is little butt hurt for our partial dislike towards his new stuff and thinking why on earth would we even deserve the old tracks. Would he be more willing to put up his own bleepstore/soundcloud if we all were in heaven about Ufabulum etc. Can't deny that it's pretty shitty if the reaction is always "oh this sucks, I want the Rome 2002 track" when there's a new album out. It's good to see though, that with this warp30 set Tom got some of that credibility back of the status why he has a personal sub on watmm.

There seems to be so much good shit to be released. Said Rome tracks, Warp20, the jungle tune Osborn spins now and then and who knows what's on that 12" white label Grant says has the best SP stuff he has heard.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Uros said:

I can't really wrap my head around Tom's reluctance towards releasing any archival stuff. I can understand that as an artist he wants to delve into new territories and try out new things, but like all the big archival dumps have proved, releasing old stuff to the masses doesn't take the spotlight away from your new work. In SP's case it's kinda contradictory since every time he has puts a new album out, the discussion eventually turns into us moaning for the archival tracks. It's especially us who are not so much into Ufabulufurries stuff. I believe that if Tom just put the damn archive tracks out it would create some breathing air for the reception of the new stuff. I mean, then we could focus on that solely and not on crying for these old tunes.

Dunno how aware he is about our opinions though. One possibility is that he is little butt hurt for our partial dislike towards his new stuff and thinking why on earth would we even deserve the old tracks. Would he be more willing to put up his own bleepstore/soundcloud if we all were in heaven about Ufabulum etc. Can't deny that it's pretty shitty if the reaction is always "oh this sucks, I want the Rome 2002 track" when there's a new album out. It's good to see though, that with this warp30 set Tom got some of that credibility back of the status why he has a personal sub on watmm.

There seems to be so much good shit to be released. Said Rome tracks, Warp20, the jungle tune Osborn spins now and then and who knows what's on that 12" white label Grant says has the best SP stuff he has heard.

some entitled millennial bullshit right here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bitchroast said:

some entitled millennial bullshit right here. 

How's that? Wasn't so much demanding anything, only wondering why there hasn't been some archive dump.

My sense is that its a mix of these

- he don't give no fucks

- its out there anyway with bootlegs n rips and he knows that of course

-  its old stuff worth DJing but not to him worth releasing as a package as he likes to  move forward in that regard

Hey i'd love for more GP stuff but not-gonna-happen so i get what i can. 

But you never know! 

Little off topic, but speaking of that unreleased white label 12", beside THE Rome track, are these also from the said release (or rumored to be). At least afaik they were played in the same sets by Cylob and Afx with other unreleased SP:

Spoiler

Not sure about this, but was played by afx, so any ideas?

So, should it be an EP or album? Sorry, didn't know where else to put this and couldn't find a more suitable thread. Duh, those entitled millennialists shitting around the sub again, right? :cat:

• 4 weeks later...

some of the tracks seem to loop around a bunch on account of been jammed out live (lacking cohesion). 

not saying it's a bad thing. i love the set. but i would much prefer the tracks be worked into and edited into something a bit more ... cohesive :cisfor:

19 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

I’m so ready for a new pusher EP/LP ! Bring it Tom !

Hasn't anything been released in 5 years because Tom was too busy touring with shobaleader?

• 3 weeks later...

Squarepusher really is The Fucking Daddy

True story, I've tried to play BOC NTS tape on a few occasions. I instantly turn into a fucking owl. Perched on a branch, covered in feathers, big curved beak, huge fucking eyes that are expanding like huge pulsating UFO's, darting from side to side. I'm sweating like a badger but I'm a nervous owl. 2 goddamn hours. By the 30 minute mark, when it sounds like I'm listening to The Bee Gees, the Wolf Badger appears!!

One third Wolf! One third Badger! One Third Owl!

The branch snaps and I fall to the ground. The full moon turns into a Ice Skull and say's to me

'hey beast dude just chill the fuck out, twist the dial and put on Squarepusher, no more Bee Gees, just that bloke called Tom and he's deep fried in acid and his machines are set to stun'

yes I turn the dial, I look upwards and The Ice Skull Moon says to me as I press play

Release The Kraken!!!!!!!! 

down in the twilight of the deep ocean, fish beast man turns and heads southwest towards the terror

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 8/23/2019 at 2:23 PM, beer badger said:

Squarepusher really is The Fucking Daddy

True story, I've tried to play BOC NTS tape on a few occasions. I instantly turn into a fucking owl. Perched on a branch, covered in feathers, big curved beak, huge fucking eyes that are expanding like huge pulsating UFO's, darting from side to side. I'm sweating like a badger but I'm a nervous owl. 2 goddamn hours. By the 30 minute mark, when it sounds like I'm listening to The Bee Gees, the Wolf Badger appears!!

One third Wolf! One third Badger! One Third Owl!

The branch snaps and I fall to the ground. The full moon turns into a Ice Skull and say's to me

'hey beast dude just chill the fuck out, twist the dial and put on Squarepusher, no more Bee Gees, just that bloke called Tom and he's deep fried in acid and his machines are set to stun'

yes I turn the dial, I look upwards and The Ice Skull Moon says to me as I press play

Release The Kraken!!!!!!!! 

down in the twilight of the deep ocean, fish beast man turns and heads southwest towards the terror

Fucking LOL

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do sometimes read my posts and think where the fucking hell did that come from?!

^^^^no drugs (believe it or not) well apart from beer and either wine or G&T

(beer and G&T is a pretty excellent combination)

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fucking love this mix... have a feeling I may end up playing this more than the new album!

Though tbf not heard the album yet cause cant be arsed with the leak and so much other shit to listen to at the min

• 1 month later...

Only just got round to hearing it now - The first half was a little bit of a grind but the second ..... Flipping power of Tundra 4 to the power of Venus 17

Great rundown of 20+ years of []-> goodness all wrapped into one mix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...