40 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

we're probably days away from the Nazi Third Reich flag being explained as a "antifa dogwhistle" by Trump loyal elected officials

luckily, or rather unluckily, fascism is not a spectacular revolutionary force which changes the status quo and seizes power through its actions alone but rather a bourgeois tactic applied against the proletariat during times of severe contradictions of capital causing threats to the capitalist status quo itself, requiring its applications to maintain property relations

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

58 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

The last Republican with any kind of moral fiber?

I saw someone explain it well: he's stayed the same and the GOP bar just goes lower and lower. Romney is still a bastard but he's got his standards. He's a litmus test if anything. When Trump ran I'd hope the GOP would split. The reality is all but a handful completely fell in line. He's one of the few outliers and arguably the last still in office in the Senate. Justin Amash is similar in the house, still in office but left the GOP.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cyanobacteria said:

luckily, or rather unluckily, fascism is not a spectacular revolutionary force which changes the status quo and seizes power through its actions alone but rather a bourgeois tactic applied against the proletariat during times of severe contradictions of capital causing threats to the capitalist status quo itself, requiring its applications to maintain property relations

Fascism is capitalism in decline, but I can't help but completely fill this is too nonchalant. Reichstag Fire was power seized through actions. So were the years of assassination, street violence, mob threats and other tactics of browns shirts in Italy and Germany both. The fascists who ruled Spain for decades did so via a violent coup as did numerous right-wing dictatorships during the cold war in Chile, Brazil, ROK, etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

I saw someone explain it well: he's stayed the same and the GOP bar just goes lower and lower. Romney is still a bastard but he's got his standards. He's a litmus test if anything. When Trump ran I'd hope the GOP would split. The reality is all but a handful completely fell in line. He's one of the few outliers and arguably the last still in office in the Senate. Justin Amash is similar in the house, still in office but left the GOP.

It seems like Romney kind of pivoted to be the conscience of the Republican Senate after John McCain died. Although he is a devout Mormon, and that carries with it its own issues.

4 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

Fascism is capitalism in decline, but I can't help but completely fill this is too nonchalant. Reichstag Fire was power seized through actions. So were the years of assassination, street violence, mob threats and other tactics of browns shirts in Italy and Germany both. The fascists who ruled Spain for decades did so via a violent coup as did numerous right-wing dictatorships during the cold war in Chile, Brazil, ROK, etc.

I think they need Biden now and they wouldn't apply fascism right now because they don't need to.  US capitalism is not even in decline right now to the extent that requires fascism.  they didn't even resort to fascism during the BLM protests there's no way they'll resort to fascism now that Biden, the dude who has pacified much of the fucking liberal left, will be the next right wing president

this small group is not nearly organized enough to actually do anything.  most of this was legitimately just protests

Edited by cyanobacteria
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

i love how caze facepalm reacted this. you're literally right. most if not all fascist leaders have been ultra capitalists who privatised to appease the bourgeois class

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

shit i totally called that watching the livestream yesterday. motherfucker looked like he was just mad he didn't get to pick up any hunnies at burningman in 2020

He looks like he smells bad.

• Like 2