IGNORED

RTR - PlanetX [AF028LP]

gated

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

iLuv™ that all the specaulation & emphasis on identity is a concern 4 anybody.

F branding. Go listen 2 Cheetah ep, then go listen 2 this stuff lol.

Not knowing, or kinda half not-knowing, only further skews the listening experience. This is healthy, imho, & particularly w this sort of manic unbreakable phuture scatterbeat funk; any identity crisis or ego confusion jsut adds 2 the tunage. Mystery is crucial for all art, & these chaps who b pushing boundaries w. their music - r now also pushing the prescribed societal need to identify buttons. Good stuff fellas ! 

7 minutes ago, prdctvsm said:

iLuv™ that all the specaulation & emphasis on identity is a concern 4 anybody.

F branding. Go listen 2 Cheetah ep, then go listen 2 this stuff lol.

Not knowing, or kinda half not-knowing, only further skews the listening experience. This is healthy, imho, & particularly w this sort of manic unbreakable phuture scatterbeat funk; any identity crisis or ego confusion jsut adds 2 the tunage. Mystery is crucial for all art, & these chaps who b pushing boundaries w. their music - r now also pushing the prescribed societal need to identify buttons. Good stuff fellas ! 

I mean, I bought the double vinyl if that's what you mean. :shrug:

• Rubin Farr changed the title to RTR - PlanetX [AF028LP]
  • 2 weeks later...

P sure this is another heorge/beatwife alias again capitalizing on other artists. Piggybacking again.

paid for it but really dislike the shit marketing. It’s not a mystery. It’s literally making sales off of vaguely referencing other artists as if they are them. I also don’t care who it is, but they shouldn’t pretend as if they’re someone else to sell records. Snake oil.

4 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

Is it though? I mean is it really, is it really something you should be concerned about? Is it afx? I hope it is. Because if i like it and it turns out its not afx i'm gonna feel so silly

It’s very obviously not (afx lol). We both know this. 

How would you feel if my next couple releases I just tagged them as Melted_self? Wouldn’t that be a dick move especially when what I would release would just be a pale imitation? 

Thats what I’m hearing here. A pale imitation of steinvord etc using (in other releases) similar track names referring to Cornish culture/language etc and capitalizing off of faux mystery. 

I want to take up drinking again just from this lol.

Meh to be clear I don’t care who a release is by, good music is good music and I support artists big and small. I just feel strongly about artists using the likeness of others for their own gain. That’s all.

sorry to sidetrack the thread. The tunes are good in their own right I just wish the artist wouldn’t play games with the naming. Jam on watmm jam on.

On 12/28/2019 at 6:34 AM, Lada Laika said:

just like brainwaltzera, this is obviously mike paradinas

paradinas.jpg.3afa9de9759ccd09dcd867dc4b271e2a.jpg

what is mike doing on social media lately? some pretty funny shit being posted

mike are you ok?

7 minutes ago, ignatius said:

listening now.  pretty sure it's squaresteinphexinas and i'm just glad it exists. 

I haven’t listened to it in full yet but the first track is dope.

looking forward to hearing it all tonight. I take back my previous shade slinging sorry watmm 

regardless of who it is they’re talented for sure 

Archived