IGNORED

RTR - PlanetX [AF028LP]

gated

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen to the opening of MFSIYFF and then listen to the opening of Last Rushup 10. Whoever it is is trying to imitate that vocal with the backwards silo reverb. Super silly if it’s just some person steeped in steinvord/tuss lore. I can see this record growing on me but it’s not really hitting on first listen. 

This is just so tiring to me. It was cute back in the days of Heorge Garrison but the persistence of BWE has really made it obnoxious now. This is cliche AF.

i feel like analogical force thought they hit the jackpot with this. but it’s super derivative and brings nothing new.

well produced and accomplished productions that leave me cold. not sure why this newcomer deserved a full length. 

7 minutes ago, species8472 said:

well produced and accomplished productions that leave me cold.

These are my thoughts too. I feel that way about 2/3 of what AF has been releasing recently. This reminds me of when that Daed record came out and people got really excited because the production was so good. It feels like someone spent a lot of time trying to make something that sounds "impressive" instead of actually expressing their creativity. I think this artist could make something i really enjoy. It's not bad (other than the Behringer clone of Vordhosbn) and i'm more annoyed with the marketing on the labels behalf than anything.

30 minutes ago, omnii said:

These are my thoughts too. I feel that way about 2/3 of what AF has been releasing recently. This reminds me of when that Daed record came out and people got really excited because the production was so good. It feels like someone spent a lot of time trying to make something that sounds "impressive" instead of actually expressing their creativity. I think this artist could make something i really enjoy. It's not bad (other than the Behringer clone of Vordhosbn) and i'm more annoyed with the marketing on the labels behalf than anything.

Is Untitled21 the track you're referring to? 

Also, I don't really understand all the talk about what this album sounds like or should sound like. It's a fucking killer album and I'm stoked that I can finally throw down for some downloads. 

We tend to have discussions on what albums sound like on these forums lol. That's kinda the point of watmm.

I enjoyed the album for what it is, will prob listen again tonight to form a better opinion.

Not what I meant. I mean, in terms of comparing it to other people or trying to figure out if it's Steinvord, etc. Like, using some outside thing to determine how you feel about this album. 

We're only doing that because it was marketed as if it was another artist though. Of course it will draw comparisons when an artist pretends to be another artist for personal gain.

I get your drift and in general would agree, but in this case whoever this is (BWE I figure) kind of invited the comparisons themselves. Beatwife/Richard Wilson is another artist that does this way too much...

I'm still enjoying the album!

For sure. I guess I missed the marketing. Just saw it released today and had to grab it. I'm of the opinion that it's hard to get your music out there with all the noise on the internet, so I don't fault anybody for doing what they have to do to get their shit heard, even if I disagree morally.  

I'm only halfway through and it's okay so far, but that afx clone track is not very good. Like...the sound of it is supposed to be like Drukqs but doesn't have any of the wonderful melody writing.

Getting a little tired of these afx/squarepusher clones.

You need to invest in some qtips hunny 

honestly, do a side by side with any of these tracks and the official steinvord tracks (most of the fake ones were by “other artists”, one was an afx solo track I’m told)

Archived