IGNORED

Nathan Fake - Blizzards

auxien

Yep sounding pretty tight on first listen. Providence was one of my favourite LPs of the last few years so been looking forward to this.

Good to hear his weird korg prophecy synth sound is still all over it - though it does seem to be missing some of the overall strangeness of Providence. Vinyl is delayed but kind of understandable at the moment.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, thumbass said:

aoty contender

Absolutely is. I've heard his stuff in the past, usually remixes here and there so tbh this is my first deep dive. Lot's of "holy shiiiiits" coming out of my workspace since yesterday. First track is fucking phenomenal.

It's been a while since I've been this caught off guard by an album, probably since Konx Om Pax Caramel. Which a major compliment in my book.

9 minutes ago, Friendly Stranger said:

First track is fucking phenomenal.

First track is my favorite hands down. Whole album is great but that first track is something else.

On 4/4/2020 at 1:49 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

First track is my favorite hands down. Whole album is great but that first track is something else.

no joke. A+ track

the whole album is really good. I’m a sucker for the claps

27 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

I enjoy this album but there’s something in distinct about it, like I can’t really recall specific tracks after. I think I’m just old now?

Nathan Fake has tasty timbres and lots of modulations to keep you engaged but he's ultimately a sketch artist. All of his tracks sound like open sessions that he captured 3 or 4 minutes of to me. I hate to slag the guy off because he can really make some interesting spaces but I haven't bought anything since "Steam Days" in 2012. I can't tell enough of a difference among the releases and I guess I'm not IDM enough to tolerate the ambiguity. 

1 hour ago, xxx said:

Nathan Fake has tasty timbres and lots of modulations to keep you engaged but he's ultimately a sketch artist. All of his tracks sound like open sessions that he captured 3 or 4 minutes of to me. I hate to slag the guy off because he can really make some interesting spaces but I haven't bought anything since "Steam Days" in 2012. I can't tell enough of a difference among the releases and I guess I'm not IDM enough to tolerate the ambiguity. 

this seems quite right

9 hours ago, xxx said:

These tracks sound pretty fleshed out to me.

The Sunder EP was live recordings / jams, printed straight to vinyl.

He is definitely a live performer but I can hear more in this album that from previous work.

Perhaps you are not listening to it correctly?

Archived