IGNORED

are landlords allowed to listen to idm?

zlemflolia

I wonder if they are willing to listen to it. 

If I was a landlord and would hear idm coming from a tenant, I'd throw him out immediately. Idmers are useless weedheads.

39 minutes ago, goDel said:

If I was a landlord and would hear idm coming from a tenant, I'd throw him out immediately. Idmers are useless weedheads.

landlords arent allowed to use ganja either it pollutes the gaian spirit of the herb

And it pollutes the landlords spirit. Impossible to do landlordy stuff when gaian spirit takes over and starts to run things. Shit turns into chaos.

45 minutes ago, goDel said:

Since you're an IDMer you'd throw them out immediately not giving them time to move out, then take their records. I see the game you're playing.

1 minute ago, goDel said:

I prefer the ones with BOC collections. The other stuff I already have. ;D

OH I SEE. So it's about the competition. I can dig that.

I had a landlord once that was schizophrenic. he didn't listen to IDM, but was completely and totally obsessed with Jim Morrison and the Doors. he used to wear the tight black leather pants and boots Jim used to wear, except he wouldn't wear a shirt and was very overweight. he was an ok guy, I used to like talking to him and hearing crazy stories. he told me once that he was sent to some hospital where they tried to restrain him, but he ended up crawling up into the ceiling to escape them. one night, he banged on my door and said come here. I went into his place and there were 2 topless crackhead wenches in his bed. I don't know what he was expecting me to do, but he was like look what I got here. I made some excuse and left. he told me some time later that one of those women ended up ODing and died.

If landlords were willing to listen to anything they would stop charging us rent right now.

i'm gonna be real with you: the meme-maoist kill-all-landlords shit is LARPy bullshit. try managing some low rent properties while you are also low income. the renter/rentee relationship at that level is so often adversarial because of the precariousness of both party's station. for both parties it's an extremely demoralizing loop where ones efforts are rendered meaningless. the renter puts labor into making the place livable, the rentee works just to earn enough to pay rent and doesn't have energy/money/cares to maintain the property. good people become slumlords as their trust is eroded over time, by each lying, foul tenant. good people become vindictive scum as their trust is eroded over time by petty, unempathetic landlords.

point is if you rent out properties, be fair and be clean. if you are a renter, don't fucking trash the place.

9 minutes ago, Salvatorin said:

i'm gonna be real with you: the meme-maoist kill-all-landlords shit is LARPy bullshit. try managing some low rent properties while you are also low income. the renter/rentee relationship at that level is so often adversarial because of the precariousness of both party's station. for both parties it's an extremely demoralizing loop where ones efforts are rendered meaningless. the renter puts labor into making the place livable, the rentee works just to earn enough to pay rent and doesn't have energy/money/cares to maintain the property. good people become slumlords as their trust is eroded over time, by each lying, foul tenant. good people become vindictive scum as their trust is eroded over time by petty, unempathetic landlords.

point is if you rent out properties, be fair and be clean. if you are a renter, don't fucking trash the place.

there are two options, either you own the real estate being rented out in which case you are significantly more economically advantaged than the renter, or you don't own it in which case it's merely your lender acting on your behalf, in neither scenarios can the landlord be vindicated.  giving sympathy to landlords for renters trashing the place is the same as giving sympathy to any other similarly sized business for just failing to make a profit that year.  is the landlord repairing ruined real estate?  no, they're hiring a wage worker to do it if they're a large scale landlord, and even if they repair it with their own hands they did not create the building materials and are still trying to extract wealth from those tenants for doing no labor except that action which you're allowing them to receive sympathy for - maintaining their property.  no other form of labor goes into their landlordship than that, at best it's an expense for them, which means they get others to do the actual labor for them

i advocate not trashing the place because it's ecologically wasted work which will be re-done initiated by the landlord and likely performed by a laborer, at nobody's benefit, but you shouldn't because you feel bad for the landlord because the nature of what they're trying to do is create contracts which take money from others without themselves having to do any work to get it, and if they fail at doing that they're merely failing at exploiting others and instead actually having to do labor in return for their money, which is not by itself bad

It's by definition a parasitical lifestyle.

All properties I lived in so far belonged either to larger landlords that hired a bunch of people to do all the work for them, including trying to keep the security deposit even when there is no basis for it or they belonged to family dynasties who inherited a bunch of houses that they can use to exploit people's need for housing, so they have to give to them a considerable amount of their income that they are forced to obtain through selling their bodies and minds to other capitalists. Small real estate owners that rent out a room or a small cabin in their private property are a different story, but they are the minority.

10 minutes ago, dingformung said:

It's by definition a parasitical lifestyle.

All properties I lived in so far belonged either to larger landlords that hired a bunch of people to do all the work for them, including trying to keep the security deposit even when there is no basis for it or they belonged to family dynasties who inherited a bunch of houses that they can use to exploit people's need for housing, so they have to give to them a considerable amount of their income that they are forced to obtain through selling their bodies and minds to other capitalists. Small real estate owners that rent out a room or a small cabin in their private property are a different story, but they are the minority.

If the small real estate owner needs money enough to rent out a room, in reality they have spare cash, in the form of potentially liquidable value invested into their real state, lying around, which they're merely trying to turn into capital, which is inherently exploitative (the paper de-realization of the rewards of labor instantiated as a perverted form of culturally sanctioned economic behavior) due to its being the continuous theft of the fruits of someone else's labor, an extra blood tithe taken by the landlord of any size, from the lower class of worker, alongside that of their employers' theft of the surplus value of their labor.

Archived