Fredd-E

I went to Dour Festival last week and Machinedrum played an unreleased edit of Second Bad Vilbel. Needless to say it was very very loud and really cool. I tried to capture it with my iPhone and even though most of my recordings at concerts sound pretty good this one did get distorted because I was really at the front and the bassdrum was just too loud. ;-)

Still you can get a pretty decent impression of his remix in the following video. His part starts at 6min2sec.

Enjoy!

PS: If anyone knows of good method to lower the input gain whilst making a movie on iPhone, please do tell. Or maybe some hardware iOS microphone with input gain selector?

Edited by Fredd-E

Wow, I was at Dour as well and I thought I saw quite a few acts but I haven't seen a single act that's in the video. Really bummed out I missed this Autechre cover now ( and Cypress Hill & Madlib), sounds like it was a good party!

Nice compilation anyway :)

• 2 weeks later...

It definitely was a good party. I see you are from the Netherlands. Have you been to Dekmantel last week? Man, I love your festivals. Pitch and Dekmantel <3

• 2 years later...

Topic related, original post unrelated

I was playing this record on 33 instead of the intended 45 and there's this high frequency that becomes audible on and off throughout the song. Anyone have flac or another officially-released digital format that notices it too?

Topic related, original post unrelated

I was playing this record on 33 instead of the intended 45 and there's this high frequency that becomes audible on and off throughout the song. Anyone have flac or another officially-released digital format that notices it too?

Yes I believe it's the result of feeding back the delay through a mixer. It's most audible (and the pitch is lower) right before the drums switch to that slower, busier rhythm in the middle.

Yeah it's all over the track. I thought it was just the tail of that distorted blast sound. It's wild, someone (not me) should see if there's a line on the spectrogram lol

Yep I think that's what's exciting the delay. So it is effectively its tail.

That high pitched whine is a very nice texture in the track, but it seems pretty prominent to me. It adds to the siren/emergency type feeling it evokes.

• 4 years later...
On 5/24/2017 at 6:05 AM, auxien said:

That high pitched whine is a very nice texture in the track, but it seems pretty prominent to me. It adds to the siren/emergency type feeling it evokes.

it could be a bleed of control tone from boss rsd10 pitch input

• Like 2