IGNORED

Run The Jewels (El-P & Killer Mike) - RTJ 2

Perezvon

The first LP from the pair was pretty badass. Second one promises nothing less. RTJ2 is going to be released for free on October 28 and two singles have been made available so far.

https://soundcloud.com/adultswimsingles/oh-my-darling-dont-cry

https://soundcloud.com/massappealrecs/rtj-blockbuster-night-part-1

You can download both for free already!

Tracklist

1. Jeopardy
2. Oh My Darling Don't Cry
3. Blockbuster Night Part 1
4. Close Your Eyes (And Count to F-ck) [feat. Zack de la Rocha]
5. All My Life
6. Lie, Cheat, Steal
7. Early (feat. BOOTS)
8. All Due Respect (feat. Travis Barker)
9. Love Again (Akinyele Back)
10. Crown (feat. Diane Coffee)
11. Angel Duster

I'm very curious about these featurings with De la Rocha and Barker, but not too much excited about it at the same time eh. Can't wait for this album though.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Killer Mike... and I like El-P... but I'm not sure of them together. I heard a few tracks from the last album and wasn't pleased. I will give it and this one a chance.

saw that. i'm not sure how serious he was about that (sounds more gimmicky than anything) but now i see this trend where people put out projects which they promote as being experiments that are super limited projects not for everyone that require kickstarter campaigns to see the light of day.

el-p also said he'd donate all the money from meow the jewels to charity which leads me to speculate he didn't actually intend people to take it seriously- but now they have, he could just use the money to support a cause he believes in/involved with

Guest Black Calx

I've loved EL-P since his Juvenile Techniques (Co-Flo) track way back in '94 yet i can't seem to get away with this and his last album. For me, it just sounds too clean and well produced, i just love his gritty, grimey, underground sound he perfected so well in the 90's and early 2000's i suppose.

• 1 month later...

Archived