IGNORED

Christ. - 'Curio'

Ifeelspace

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've heard, this is all quite excellent. I'm waiting until the third volume comes out to give it all a proper listen, but so far I like it a lot.

Really glad that Delicass and Yugo are coming out (mostly). There's an old BoC interview somewhere where they each list their top 5 albums, and pretty much all of them are things that nobody has ever heard of, with the exception of Delicass Harmonium.

I wonder whether the BOC brothers and Christ had a shared sample bank, where they all contributed synth sounds/melodies and drum tracks to some kind of electronic folder and when Christ left them, he took some of those sounds with him and have creeped into some of his work.

That droning emotive synth for example, in 'penny yellow' on vol.2 sounds pretty much like the synth throughout EYDIAB and some of the Old Tunes.

I think vol. 2 is a better collection of tracks than vol. 1. Mote, Pidgeon, Morning Star, Discombobulate, Moxley Moy and Penny Yellow are all great and still hold up well imo

Fanstastic Light v1. is also nice. It's always interesting to here these earlier versions.

So happy he delved into his archives. Wish more artists would do the same. In some ways, I find the earlier output of my favourite artists holds more appeal than their later works. Maybe it's the relative simplicity, or maybe I'm just getting old.

Anyways, Christ. if you ever read here, thanks for sharing these tracks!

Fucking amazing music. It's a goddamned sin that his facebook page has only thirteen hundred "likes": a SIN, I tells ya!

More people need to get on over there and like his page, FOR CHRIST.'S SAKE!!!

• 2 weeks later...

There is so much gold in these 3 volumes! Y'all need to grab this while you can because Chris is considering closing his Bandcamp page due to the new EU VAT shit:

"Due to slightly worrying new vat laws coming in on January first, it's possible I may have to shut my bandcanp down in three days, possibly permanently. I'm doing all the reading I can to try to find a way round this. Only found out about it today.

If you do want to buy/download anything direct, it might be a good idea to do so before Wednesday.

I will attempt to find a solution. Meanwhile, if you run a bandcamp or similar, best read up on the new 'moss' system for vat."

There is so much gold in these 3 volumes! Y'all need to grab this while you can because Chris is considering closing his Bandcamp page due to the new EU VAT shit:

"Due to slightly worrying new vat laws coming in on January first, it's possible I may have to shut my bandcanp down in three days, possibly permanently. I'm doing all the reading I can to try to find a way round this. Only found out about it today.

If you do want to buy/download anything direct, it might be a good idea to do so before Wednesday.

I will attempt to find a solution. Meanwhile, if you run a bandcamp or similar, best read up on the new 'moss' system for vat."

Right, I'm on it tonight. There's quite a lot I need to get from there... some Ceephax, some Cylob, these releases. I'd better get them before '15 hits.

awesome news. christ needs more support. I don't get why he falls by the wayside

probably because his name fucking sucks

At the very least it makes it trickier to search for his stuff; took me a while before I finally found his FB page.

Gonna download these before the new year hits too! What's the deal with Yugo and Delicass? were they released?

about 80% of yugo was released with these curio compilations, delicass quite a bit less

77870f9fc1.jpg

good enough for me!

• 1 year later...

Christ live set from last summers 20rpm

I'm still gutted about not going to that. I honestly don't know why I didn't go - I like Plaid, I like Christ., I like Bola, I like Kettel, I like Mixmaster Morris .... Such an idiot.

Again, Christ. is hoping to do a physical pressing of the Curio. series. Volume One is up for preorder now: https://www.diggersfactory.com/project/203/christ-curio-volume-1

Seriously, where are all the BOC fans--this shit is so up our alley, it's ridiculous.

Please, people--I really hope this goes through.

Thank [[[put your favourite transcendent entity in here]]] for watmm.

I have to admit i was never aware of christ (although google says he is connected to BoC and releases on wonderful Benbecula) or just ignored him.

His Bandcamp made me poor again. Brillant Stuff.

Archived