IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

All well and good, but since people are (partially) made up of their ideas, when you antagonize their ideas and beliefs, you are antagonizing them.

i disagree with tha

i think a person's character runs (mostly) independent of the conceptual model of the universe they have in their mind

Edited by LimpyLoo

Is that a directed at me?

if so, this is directed at you:

(you and JE must've studied political debate at the same school)

Not a care who you are. Carry on.

oop, my mistake...i thought i was getting called a racist neocon again :dry:

(in that case, ignore my last post as it's therefor not applicable)

The republicans still can't admit the Iraq invasion was a huge miscalculation & mistake:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/05/marco_rubio_stumbles_on_iraq_war_questions_why_are_republicans_having_a.html

As a random aside: sometimes Slate is spot-on, and sometimes they are way off. I just read an article about how we should negotiate with terrorists (and, even more importantly, admit that we negotiate with terrorists).

As someone who's rather obsessed with game theory and Bayesian analysis, I read that article with my mouth agape. I was actually embarrassed for the writer's having so little insight and so much confidence.

(If we openly have a policy of negotiating with kidnapping, that will incentive much, much more kidnapping. The best strategy is probably to occasionally negotiate with terrorists, but very quietly).

Anyway, sometimes Slate has great articles. Some of their writers are solid.

And Nash just died. Reptilian endgame imminent, clearly.

NYC Housing Authority workers now required to wear orange vests & ID lanyards to avoid being shot by NYPD

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/housing-authority-forces-city-workers-wear-orange-vests-so-nypd-cops-dont-shoot

Holy shit, this story linked from that page is incredibly disturbing

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/couple-returning-home-startled-cops-stairwell-cop-shot-man-chest-killing/

Just read this on the wiki entry too:

The shooting was declared an accidental discharge; the bullet ricocheted off the wall and Gurley was struck once in the chest and later died from the shot

Hmmm, indeed.

Edited by hello spiral

Guest Barung

american cops are unable to handle any situation, just a bunch of highly instable cowards with a fetish for guns which are never held responsible for their own actions

Re: idiot in Arizona - some of the comments on this article are ridiculous in their overt racism. Yes I know it's breitbart, but still, UU Tee Eff.

everytime i've stumbled upon a conservative blog or whatever i've been horrified by the comments section

it's somehow worse than the average comments section

Seems like little more than extreme paranoia to me. I guess if nothing else it provides entertainment value.

It's more than just paranoia, though

Many of them seem to think that climate changers, immigrants, Muslims, environmentalists and liberals in general are all sub-human and should be treated as such. Like, I get a real "let's just bomb the middle east and let God sort 'em out" kinda vibe from those types of conservatives.

Edited by LimpyLoo