IGNORED

are burgers bad?

exitonly

3 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

bro i am worried. did that mofo set up his monitors so fucked up that it changed his personality?

hes alive though thankfully. 

rare sighting of burger babe this year

have you seen this man - General Banter - We Are The Music Makers Forums (watmm.com)

• Thanks 2
  • Burger 2

I've been under the impression that burgers could be used in the assburger aka Asperger's sense, someone being overly and overtly pedantic, obsessive-compulsive in a somewhat non-serious way; Farnsworth is in the same category, but in a more serious - even scientific or academic - way. I've not seen them as inherently negative or positive, but depending on the context; they can be used as a negative, milder versions of the facepalm or as a positive, something of a I see what you did there. I've crawled through the forum to find out the semantics of burgers and Farnsworths, but there's no definitive spec for them - but then again, I've been here less than a year so I might be missing some nuance that only comes with continued exposure.

Edited by dcom
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 2

13 hours ago, randomsummer said:

I've asked about this before.  Didn't it originate from the burger tags always messing up and "I'm not even going to fix that burger"... or am I wrong about that?

Yep I'm pretty sure it's this, can't remember exactly the name of the ipb tag but it was something like [burger] [/burger] (this was pre the fancy pants days of being able to apply formatting using the bar at the top of the quick-reply box) and people either not working out how to close the tag, or deliberately using un-matched [burger] tags to create mutant burgers with like 14 bottom buns and 3 top buns.

• Like 1
  • Burger 3

I thought the burger was like a heart but not as corny

And farnsworth was for a post that made you think

And there is no trashbear

[/burger]

Edited by jules
  • Burger 2

34 minutes ago, jules said:

I thought the burger was like a heart but not as corny

And farnsworth was for a post that made you think

[/burger]

for me a burger and farnsworth react denote speechlessness/ a post that's really silly

• Burger 3

ok, so based on the key points in this discussion I think we're all in agreement: no one knows what anything means and we should continue using emote reacts in various ambiguous ways.

2 hours ago, jules said:

this is a problem. I don't even use them but this should be a core one for wammet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Burger 1

Just now, usagi said:

ok, so based on the key points in this discussion I think we're all in agreement: no one knows what anything means and we should continue using emote reacts in various ambiguous ways.

this is a problem. I don't even use them but this should be a core one for wammet.

:trashbear:

• Burger 2

The burger probably originated from the "i'm not even going to fix that burger" broken burger tag era, and may have been intended to mean "i'm not even going to fix that post", but it's obviously taken on a life of its own which is great.

• Burger 2

2 hours ago, jules said:
2 hours ago, usagi said:

:trashbear:

made a poll guyz, member? to choose which emotions we wanted... the thread was pinned during months and seeing that nobody cared to do nothing with it i just deleted it...

Edited by Tim_J
  • Facepalm 1
  • Burger 1

this is not related to the topic but please allow me to ask this:

does anyone remember back when analord came out there was a thread of people posting photoshops/ms paints of the analord binder and there was one where someone made a shop the end of which was some kids in school and the teacher saying "LOL JIMMY WTF" and maybe she was holding up the analord binder?

who remembers this?

Edited by Alcofribas
  • Burger 2

7 hours ago, zkom said:

Can we have a jazz band reaction to confuse anyone who joined recently?

Jazzband defn should be in The Rules imo, new users in particular should know what it means! 

FWIW I'm an old on/off lurker. I had seen the burger tags in various forms but still wouldn't have known the reaction meant "not gonna fix that burger" or whatever

• Burger 2