IGNORED

Breakcore thread

Limo

I like the Snaresmans singing .

My dick is so hard is could tear you apart!

Can't believe My So Called Life is 11 years old. Madness. Listening now, actually still a great album. The sound might be slightly worn but the added vocals actually makes it something fresh, even if it's not your bag.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:
Track C08: 'Grape Nut Beats (Pt.1)' is an extended and slightly tweaked version of 'Which Cunt? (µ-Ziq's 6/8 Remix)', Originally by The DJ Producer AKA Mr. Luke McMillan & remixed by me (obviously). The original 'Witch Hunt' was released on the 'Better The Devil You Know...' 12" on Rebelscum (SCUM006) as well as on the CD 'Bastard Sonz Of Rave' by Hellfish And Producer on Planet Mu (ZIQ058). My remix of it is on SCUM010 'Interpretation' (2LP & CD) - Used by kind permission of www.rebelscum.co.uk in return for me remixing it in the first place - It's only fair!"

from the liner notes.

cheers for that, I do like to mention hellfish+producer anyway tho since they often are forgotten when talking about mike p..

did he ever say anything about the loop lifted on hard love? I remember reading something about it but I may be confusing it w something else..

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Was that what it was? I seem to recall something about his manager/lawyer/someone tied up in his money essentially stealing from him and him not having any legal recourse. I could be getting him mixed up with another artist though. I probably am getting it mixed up actually... =/

I remember reading about it when he was more active on social media, but I might have that wrong. Just recall those modular videos where his studio looked like a server room (but the cabinets were full of modular gear), and it being flooded. Brings a tear to the eye.

45 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

No love for Cristoph de babalon ?

edit : is that labeled as breakcore ?

Babalon makes so much diverse music almost like RDJ, from ambient to most hardcore noisy stuff and he was mostly tied to Alec Empire's Digital Hardcore genre. Does he also make breakcore stuff? Probably.

For me personally, breakcore term was always simple: break = amen jungle beats, snare rush etc. + core = gabber kicks (plus some stolen samples from multiple genres, films etc). If someone no longer uses these, it's no longer breakcore stuff imo. But fuck it, it is not important, it's the music that matters, not crappy labels.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

that's all 

i'm leaving now

there have been a couple of labels doing this sound for a while, I have been following dancecorps but there are others..

dancecore? mashcore? j-core? idk.. does merit a honourable mention in a breakcore thread tho imo tbqh

Here are some of my faves back from when I was into it, been a fun trip down the memory hole

Also bonus 95 jungle track which I rly think laid the groundwork for just ridiculously punishing breaks. Dunno how much influence it had, but yeah...tuff production

• Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

8 hours ago, MIXL2 said:
9 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:
Track C08: 'Grape Nut Beats (Pt.1)' is an extended and slightly tweaked version of 'Which Cunt? (µ-Ziq's 6/8 Remix)', Originally by The DJ Producer AKA Mr. Luke McMillan & remixed by me (obviously). The original 'Witch Hunt' was released on the 'Better The Devil You Know...' 12" on Rebelscum (SCUM006) as well as on the CD 'Bastard Sonz Of Rave' by Hellfish And Producer on Planet Mu (ZIQ058). My remix of it is on SCUM010 'Interpretation' (2LP & CD) - Used by kind permission of www.rebelscum.co.uk in return for me remixing it in the first place - It's only fair!"

from the liner notes.

cheers for that, I do like to mention hellfish+producer anyway tho since they often are forgotten when talking about mike p..

did he ever say anything about the loop lifted on hard love? I remember reading something about it but I may be confusing it w something else..

Hmm! I don't recall reading anything on Hard Love tbh? Good track though, I'm curious to know more. 

8 hours ago, Braintree said:
9 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Was that what it was? I seem to recall something about his manager/lawyer/someone tied up in his money essentially stealing from him and him not having any legal recourse. I could be getting him mixed up with another artist though. I probably am getting it mixed up actually... =/

I remember reading about it when he was more active on social media, but I might have that wrong. Just recall those modular videos where his studio looked like a server room (but the cabinets were full of modular gear), and it being flooded. Brings a tear to the eye.

I recall those pics too actually, really sad IMO at least. I tried searching around for more info on what exactly happened but didn't come up with much. 

5 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

Also bonus 95 jungle track which I rly think laid the groundwork for just ridiculously punishing breaks. Dunno how much influence it had, but yeah...tuff production

I always think of that track actually. Mostly because DJ Scud shamelessly lifted full chunks of that epic choppage for this early breakcore stomper... but it still kills...

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, cern said:

Totally forgot Duran Duran Duran.. He did some mental Breakcore stuff! Orginal track is better than Xanopticons remix but the remix is pretty cool also! What you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEa4z0bTvsc 

I too forgot about DDD!! Thx for this post!

This has been on repeat for the last couple months:

https://stazma-the-junglechrist.bandcamp.com/album/fluorhydrique-ep

Specifically “blue screen”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I always think of that track actually. Mostly because DJ Scud shamelessly lifted full chunks of that epic choppage for this early breakcore stomper... but it still kills...

Haha wtf. Not heard that. So it was an influence, at least on DJ scud...

• Like 1

Just now, xyrofen said:

I don't think I'd call him breakcore, but I think I like his stuff because I like breakcore.

https://exophobiaorgqebrus.bandcamp.com/music

Again, rest in peace. ?

Own his album right down up down left on cd. Guy was a genius and his passing was a tragedy. Not at all breakcore though, not even in the slightest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Qebrus def made some of the dopest and most nuts music i ever heard.

He had some great quotes aswell. One of my favs was probably "ꁕ͐ͥ͗̒͌̍҉͈͔͇̭̗̱ꁖ͔͈ͬ̓͐̑̑͜͜͝ꁗ̴̝̺̜̗̬͓̑̅͊͛ͤ̆͑ͅꁘ̡͙̱̮̺̾ͮ̌̎̽̅͑ͅꁙ̨̥͚͊̋͒̓̓͆ꁚͧͦͤͨ͘҉̣̱̙̗͖ꁛ̔ͧ̆̓̋ͪ̒͐҉̠͕͙͕͖͙̘͍͡ꁜ̇͌̈͂͏̘̫̤ꁝ̭̜̝̯̼̰̿ͦͬͯ̒͘ꁞ̡̖̣͙͖ͮ͒̊̄ͦ̐ꁟ̡̹̟̘̀̈̏̽͘͜ͅꁠ̠̜̺͍͇̝ͫ̋̈́ꁡ̴̖̖̬̠̝͇ͮͦꁢ̼̗ͪͮ̋́ͧ́͠ꁣ̩͓͎̪̊͆̽ꁤ̶̣̲͉ͥ̌̑ͅꁥ̍ͮ͐ͯ͊ͮ̓̔҉͚̞̳͇̤ꁦ̧͇̟̜̞̺̽̿́ͅꁧ̟̲̖͍̤̦͙ͨͪ̾̄ͫ̿̉ͬ͡ꁨ̫̠̘ͭ̄ͮ̃̀͞ꁩ͊͂͏̙͔͎̺̠̤̻̼͖ꁪ̭̺͒͂̒̓̎̓̀̚͠ꁫ̢̥̙̭̠̠̎͑͗̏̃ͥ̍͠ꁬ̵͈͍͐ͩ̊̒ͨ̄͆̎ꁭ̷̸̨͎̱̠̳ͣ̿́ꁮ͖͍̩̬̲̭͓͇̓ͮͬ̔́ꁯ̸̛ͯ̽҉͈̱̖̦͖̜̠ꁰ͕̘̦̗̂̉̏̉̊̑͘ꁱ̽̍̂͛͏̛̤̼̦̰̪͇͎̟ꁲ̴̝̬ͯ̽̔ͣ͝ꁳ̶̸̷̰̥͚͉̳͇̭̞̳͛̍̆ꁴ͙̝̘͔̄ͨ͜ͅͅꁵ̠̰͎̗̬̤̮̲̹̿̓̆ͩꁶ̺͚̟̩ͯ̀ͅꁷ͕̠̽̽͋ͬ̚."