IGNORED

Russia is now bombing Ukraine

cern

1 hour ago, thefxbip said:

I mean if you're having part in this invasion as a russian soldier, you might not be pure fascist in thought, loads of them probably dont want to go, but you sure are fascist in action, by giving up your basic human responsabilities to the fascist thug Poutine and are participating in a imperialist fascist invasion.

The fact that Poutine (he is fascist in my book) uses the de-nazification excuse to invade Ukraine is just so post truth i cant even.

i think the word fascist means a bit more than just "invading another country" which makes every single country on earth fascist, making the word mean nothing.  not saying russia is not fascist, since all capitalist countries are when the conditions become ripe

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, zazen said:

Agree with all that fxbip but it is still kindof interesting that the nato twitter account tried to do an International Womens Day tweet and accidentally tweeted a pic of a soldier with the black sun. Its subtle, a leather patch just below her scarf.natotweet.thumb.jpg.c6d7bc142f8da49c81549dacc6e41d0f.jpg

@ilqx hermolia xpli : Friendly question: So you dont like Putin, and don't like Nato, and don't like the Azov. What would you have the world's citizens do at this point? I guess you'd say you'd rather it never got to this point. But as it has, whats your ideal way forwards? e.g. Lobby for humanitarian aid and cease all military action from both sides? I'm not trying to take the piss, just trying to understand where you're coming from as its obv quite different to most other people here.

nothing I want or anyone in this thread wants matters.  I want

1. Biden to meet with Putin personally and provide guarantees that NATO expansion will not continue to try to place nukes within uncounterable first striking distance
  2. conversion of Ukraine into neutral independent buffer state between Russia and NATO with no more NATO funding of Nazi militias and egging Ukraine into wanting NATO membership
  3. Ukrainian guarantees of following Minsk Protocol or letting Luhansk and Donetsk people's republics be independent or joined with Russia
  4. De-Nazification of Ukrainian government and military and immediately incarceration of all active Nazis, execution of all Nazis who committed murderous war crimes against civilians during the war
  5. Immediate ceasefire and providing material aid to all civilians hurt by this war
  6. edit: added in later because someone reminded me, removal of all sanctions from Russia
Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli
  • Facepalm 4

13 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

De-Nazification of Ukrainian government and military and immediately incarceration of all active Nazis, execution of all Nazis who committed murderous war crimes against civilians during the war

hey ilx, stop spreading putin's war propaganda. thanks

@Joyrex rather offensive, this

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

nothing I want or anyone in this thread wants matters.

Well maybe but as we're all here talking about it, it matters in that sense.

I wont quibble, your points 1 to 5 seem fairly reasonable to me. As in there are much worse ways it could end, and Ukraine remains independent.

Edited by zazen

15 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:
  • Biden to meet with Putin personally and provide guarantees that NATO expansion will not continue to try to place nukes within uncounterable first striking distance
  • conversion of Ukraine into neutral independent buffer state between Russia and NATO with no more NATO funding of Nazi militias and egging Ukraine into wanting NATO membership
  • Ukrainian guarantees of following Minsk Protocol or letting Luhansk and Donetsk people's republics be independent or joined with Russia
  • De-Nazification of Ukrainian government and military and immediately incarceration of all active Nazis, execution of all Nazis who committed murderous war crimes against civilians during the war
  • Immediate ceasefire and providing material aid to all civilians hurt by this war

This is a copy of Putin's demands. You forgot to include one point that you mentioned earlier: "lift all sanctions from Russia". If you include that, I think you have the full set of Putin's requests

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

1. Biden to meet with Putin personally and provide guarantees that NATO expansion will not continue to try to place nukes within uncounterable first striking distance
  2. conversion of Ukraine into neutral independent buffer state between Russia and NATO with no more NATO funding of Nazi militias and egging Ukraine into wanting NATO membership
  3. Ukrainian guarantees of following Minsk Protocol or letting Luhansk and Donetsk people's republics be independent or joined with Russia
  4. De-Nazification of Ukrainian government and military and immediately incarceration of all active Nazis, execution of all Nazis who committed murderous war crimes against civilians during the war
  5. Immediate ceasefire and providing material aid to all civilians hurt by this war

listen, Vlad, you shouldn't be hanging out on an IDM forum. You have important shit to do. stop goofing off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Burger 2

23 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

1. De-Nazification of Ukrainian government and military and immediately incarceration of all active Nazis, execution of all Nazis who committed murderous war crimes against civilians during the war

Maybe if you sound like an echochamber nutter repeating what Putin uses to "justify" invading a country like this you should take a hard look in the mirror and look at your ability to change :flower:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, trying to be less rude said:

hey ilx, stop spreading putin's war propaganda. thanks

@Joyrex rather offensive, this

you should try to be less rude and less dismissive of the victims of the Nazi genocide against ethnic Russians in disputed eastern Ukrainian regions.  and I'd prefer not to link the disgusting evidence of recent Ukrainian Nazi atrocities in Ukraine against Ukrainians

• Facepalm 2

11 minutes ago, ghsotword said:

This is a copy of Putin's demands. You forgot to include one point that you mentioned earlier: "lift all sanctions from Russia". If you include that, I think you have the full set of Putin's requests

oh yeah, I forgot to lift all sanctions from Russia, thanks

• Facepalm 1

I think you're all being a bit hasty. What Putin really wants is to annexe Ukraine. Hermolia wants Ukraine to remain independent.

Surely an independent Ukraine without the Azov is something we can all get behind?

I could quibble about Hermolia's mention of Nazis in the Ukraine government (havent seen evidence of that) but they are definitely in the military. (usual disclaimers, just a minority of them etc)

re: Luhansk and Donetsk: I'm a bit in the dark on that aspect. Are we generally of the opinion that the separatist movements in those places are fake?

And Nato and USSR/Russia keeping missiles away from each other is something they've agreed on in the past.

As I asked Hermolia to state his position I feel I should stick up for him a bit.

Edited by zazen
  • Like 1

you guys list your points then apparently yours are better? mine are aimed at achieving peace as soon as possible for all sides, except for Nazis

8 minutes ago, chronical said:

Maybe if you sound like an echochamber nutter repeating what Putin uses to "justify" invading a country like this you should take a hard look in the mirror and look at your ability to change :flower:

if I'm justifying it why do I want it to end immediately?  I wish it never happened.  therefore I am not justifying anything.  what do you think I am, an omnipotent time traveller?  I think one point I haven't bothered to emphasize enough since everyone already is, is that I hate Putin and think he is a disgusting reactionary and I hope for the dominance of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation after Putin loses power

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

you guys list your points then apparently yours are better? mine are aimed at achieving peace as soon as possible for all sides, except for Nazis

Boy am I glad the ilqx-points-on-a-forum-to-reality converter I just installed is working properly.

• Farnsworth 1

1 minute ago, chronical said:

Boy am I glad the ilqx-points-on-a-forum-to-reality converter I just installed is working properly.

I guess this is meant to be a joke?  I don't get it though

Just now, zazen said:

I think you're all being a bit hasty. What Putin really wants is to annexe Ukraine. Hermolia wants Ukraine to remain independent.

Surely an independent Ukraine without the Azov is something we can all get behind?

I could quibble about Hermolia's mention of Nazis in the Ukraine government (havent seen evidence of that) but they are definitely in the military.

re: Luhansk and Donetsk: I'm a bit in the dark on that aspect. Are we generally of the opinion that the separatist movements in those places are fake?

And Nato and USSR/Russia keeping missiles away from each other is something they've agreed on in the past.

As I asked Hermolia to state his position I feel I should stick up for him a bit.

there's far right groups in the separatist regions but also probably a lot of people who think they're russian.. but wouldn't have gone that way w/o putin's help of unmarked uniformed troops etc. 

personally, i don't feel like every part of the world needs meddling from everyone else and people should generally be left th efuck alone unless they're aggressive, doing a genocide or whatever.. then sanctions and whatever else comes etc.. 

yeah.. i mean.. nazis are bad obviously but it's a world wide problem. fascism is on the rise.. thinking that putin is helping w/the problem is misplaced at the least. 

i think putin wants to kill the ukraine gov't and put in cronies loyal to russia which would be a dictator who loots the treasury etc. which is what the people of ukraine overthrew only just recently.. which is why putin got pissed and supported separatists in the first place.. heaven forbid ukraine actually try to determine it's own future. that didn't sit well w/putin. 

• Like 2

WhAt's PoLAnd ThInkInG ARe tHey ouT Of TheIr mInds THeY pRObAbLy don't knoW ThaT  pUTIn iS a lIbERator!!

WARSAW, March 8 (Reuters) - Poland is ready to deploy all its MIG-29 jets to Ramstein Air Base in Germany and put them at the disposal of the United States, and urges other NATO members that own planes of that type to do the same, the Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/poland-ready-place-all-its-mig-29-jets-disposal-us-2022-03-08/

Hermolia wants Putin gone and an independent Ukraine.

OK so someone else have a go - as citizens what should we be lobbying for?

Edited by zazen

3 minutes ago, zazen said:

Hermolia wants Putin gone and an independent Ukraine.

(I'm off to bed will check back tomorrow)

how about some new boc?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, ignatius said:

listen, Vlad, you shouldn't be hanging out on an IDM forum. You have important shit to do. stop goofing off. 

Now this is where I have to step in. Don't you disparage the good goshdarned name of Vlad when it comes to IDM. The single most underrated thing Warp ever put out:

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

28 minutes ago, zazen said:

cum on Arrakis

2 minutes ago, Taupe Beats said:

Now this is where I have to step in. Don't you disparage the good goshdarned name of Vlad when it comes to IDM. The single most underrated thing Warp ever put out:

haven't listened to that in a while. i usually played it slower. should dig it out and relive it. 

• Like 1