IGNORED

Russia is now bombing Ukraine

cern

Roman Abramovich has confirmed he has put Chelsea up for sale and has written off the £1.5bn of loans he has made to the club. The billionaires Hansjörg Wyss and Todd Boehly are part of a consortium trying to buy the Premier League team.

Abramovich announced his intentions in a statement on Wednesday evening and said net proceeds from the sale would be donated to a charitable foundation “for the benefit of all victims of the war in Ukraine”. He has been Chelsea’s owner since 2003. “I have always taken decisions with the club’s best interest at heart,” Abramovich said. “In the current situation, I have therefore taken the decision to sell the club, as I believe this is in the best interest of the club, the fans, the employees, as well as the club’s sponsors and partners."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/02/chelsea-swiss-billionaire-hansjorg-wyss-says-offered-chance-buy-club-roman-abramovich

when i lived in .uk, chelsea was my favorite team. shit must've hit the fan for abramovich to sell it

7 hours ago, zkom said:

Ukrainian authorities say citizens don't need to declare captured Russian tanks and military equipment for tax purposes

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraines-tax-office-captured-russian-tanks-not-personal-taxable-income-2022-3?r=US&IR=T

This actually made me laugh. Fantastic work by the lazy bureaucrats in Ukraine’s tax office.  

• Like 1

The International Criminal Court opened an investigation into possible war crimes in Ukraine, an early step in a process that potentially could lead to Russian President Vladimir Putin and other Kremlin leaders being charged at The Hague.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia-ukraine-latest-news-2022-03-01/card/international-criminal-court-launches-probe-into-possible-war-crimes-in-ukraine-QGtkrbtPUD6BJVcRbS2f

• Burger 1

Some recent vlogger stuff from Ukraine and Russia. Just going to put them in spoilers if anyone wants to check.

Spoiler

Travel vlogger Bald and Bankrupt at the Ukraine-Russia border a day before the Invasion

Bald and Bankrupt escapes Kyiv on a refugee train

Russian vlogger NFKRZ feeling the heat from the sanctions

• Like 2

Russia claiming they have lost 500 troops so far during invasion, other Western sources put the number at possibly 5,800-6,000 Russian troops killed. These young people got sent to die for nothing.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, zkom said:

Bald and Bankrupt escapes Kyiv on a refugee train

great footage, under the circumstances. cheers.

8 hours ago, iococoi said:

Can you explain? Looks like a USA drone hanging around the Poland side of the Poland/Ukraine border - I guess the point is, its sensors are good enough to pick up intel of whats happening in Ukraine?

why do we need to "dox" russian soldiers? I'm not concerned if it's yuri galganov from nizhny novogord or dimitri pilipenko from vladivostok. 

it kind of plays into the irritating online culture of reddit posters larping as governmental intelligence assets. basically like a guy who says things like "calm thy tits" suddenly claiming they know how to incapacitate a russian SAM

Edited by dr lopez
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

why do we need to "dox" russian soldiers? I'm not concerned if it's yuri galganov from nizhny novogord or dimitri pilipenko from vladivostok. 

it kind of plays into the irritating online culture of reddit posters larping as governmental intelligence assets. basically like a guy who says things like "calm thy tits" suddenly claiming they know how to incapacitate a russian SAM

Russia has a long history of lying about the presence of their soldiers in Ukraine. Between 2014 and 2022 there were Russian soldiers in Donbass but Russia completely denied it. Now, Russia admits that their soldiers are in Ukraine but lies about the scale of the war and the details of it. 
Russia says 500 soldiers have been killed in Ukraine so far, while Ukraine says that around 6000 Russian soldiers have been killed. Also, there are reports of families of the Russian soldiers having no idea that these soldiers have been sent to the war in Ukraine. Detailed lists of Russian soldiers in Ukraine would help to expose the lies of the Russian government.
Besides this, the Russian attack on Ukraine is so horrendous that I think that anything that can help Ukraine even a tiny bit is a good thing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dr lopez said:

Agreed its not always good that basement geeks are living out Neo style fantasies hacking into Russian databases, as you may actually hamper the abilities of the actual government agencies who are trying to do such things... but yes, anything that helps Ukraine gain an upper hand over Russia at this point is a good thing.

Hopefully Russian resources get stretched so far that civilians start going rogue and there will be mass strikes.  Like, if suddenly nobody turns up for work, Putin will just be sat there on his big table all by himself.  

49 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

I guess he also planned the giant convoy to get stuck for days because of supply problems, road condition, Ukrainian attacks and sinking morale. What a mastermind!

• Big Brain 1

RT America will be "ceasing production" at all locations because of "unforeseen business interruption events," according to a memo obtained by CNN.

"Unfortunately, we anticipate this layoff will be permanent, meaning that this will result in the permanent separation from employment of most T&R employees at all locations."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/03/media/rt-america-layoffs/index.html