IGNORED

Autechre. Live. Twentytwentytwo.

Iwanttobefree

@Draft78 I remember Sean sort of confirming your question that the 2010 sets might be released someday. I had to go and look for it (in "twitch ama" thread) :

E17788B1-5BAE-4B16-AD7E-9C2A1FB51ECA.thumb.jpeg.cf5790a46a2b3826e9f154d5d75ddbe4.jpeg

Vague as usual, we don't know what this "ok" means, but I think the fact he made the effort to come back and reply to you at all could mean something. 

Edited by toaoaoad

2 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

@Draft78 I remember Sean sort of confirming your question that the 2010 sets might be released someday. I had to go and look for it (in "twitch ama" thread) :

E17788B1-5BAE-4B16-AD7E-9C2A1FB51ECA.thumb.jpeg.cf5790a46a2b3826e9f154d5d75ddbe4.jpeg

Vague as usual, we don't know what this "ok" means, but I think the fact he made the effort to come back and reply to you at all could mean something. 

...I have reason to fear that "ok" is a kind way to liquidate my bulshit pomposity on the solar system... and go to dinner.
If I recall correctly he once spoke of a single soundboard from that set, which was captured by the engineer together with an external microphone with the voices of the audience ... I think he was referring to a second version of the Domino that appeared out of nowhere in 2016 (actually much more defined than the bootleg already in circulation).
...Now, arrived at the bottom of Pandora's box, the hope I have is more of a shadow

Any diehards memorize the AMA and know where he said it? :duckhunt: I seem to recall him mentioning that too, but I thought there was more to work with. My vague lasting impression has been that he indicated the 2010 could be worked on and released at some point, maybe one or two sets. Then the golden "ok" to your post seals the deal. Sean thx in advance :catsalute:

21 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Any diehards memorize the AMA and know where he said it? :duckhunt: I seem to recall him mentioning that too, but I thought there was more to work with. My vague lasting impression has been that he indicated the 2010 could be worked on and released at some point, maybe one or two sets. Then the golden "ok" to your post seals the deal. Sean thx in advance :catsalute:

Dont remember when exactly but the Oversteps live stuff came up in the first AMA from last summer i think. I vaguely remember Sean mentioning they have a very few of them and it might come out later cuz people seem to be interested in them but he didnt say anything exact cuz too much into whatever they are doing atm

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll always regret missing the 2010 Lyon show, the venue was literally 15 minutes away from my apartment. One week after, I bought the Oversteps CD and I became a complete fanboy.

Great timing. 

:catcry:

• Sad 1

Yes, Plateforme on march 22 2010, release date of the physical for Oversteps. So at the time I owned Chiastic Slide and Quaristice but I was not huge into the chre, after listening to Oversteps I bought everything from them.

19 hours ago, Iwanttobefree said:

Dont remember when exactly but the Oversteps live stuff came up in the first AMA from last summer i think. I vaguely remember Sean mentioning they have a very few of them and it might come out later cuz people seem to be interested in them but he didnt say anything exact cuz too much into whatever they are doing atm

I wonder how Warp feels about releasing old live sets (partially rhetorical) - Spose they’ve let Ae release all kinds on their bleep store - I always assumed Ae and RDJ (and BoC while we at it) are salaried and have near carte blanche with Warp

On 6/20/2023 at 3:38 AM, Iwanttobefree said:

Yeah, I don't recall precisely what he said they had during the (I think second?) Twitch AMA, but it was a significant step forward from previous lack of interest. He listed several potentially releasable live recordings from throughout the years, which was encouraging. Does anyone recall which ones he mentioned?

Said it before somewhere else, but the Melbourne 2010 bootleg is real tasty. That is some peak Ae and I would gladly welcome some official releases from that tour

• Like 2

3 hours ago, YELLOW said:

Said it before somewhere else, but the Melbourne 2010 bootleg is real tasty. That is some peak Ae and I would gladly welcome some official releases from that tour

Got a link?

edit: nvm, it’s in the MEGA list of live bootlegs - first assault kicks raw ass

2edit: you are absolutely right, this kicks hard as shells

Edited by DyeMyBlueBlack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DyeMyBlueBlack said:

Got a link?

edit: nvm, it’s in the MEGA list of live bootlegs - first assault kicks raw ass

2edit: you are absolutely right, this kicks hard as shells

Glad you agree! I honestly really like how this one booms, it captures the room sound pretty well. The soundboard might sound kinda sterile in comparison but I'm still not gonna say no to it

34 minutes ago, YELLOW said:

Glad you agree! I honestly really like how this one booms, it captures the room sound pretty well. The soundboard might sound kinda sterile in comparison but I'm still not gonna say no to it

Amni remaster; one month before my birthday so I remember this time specifically (before I was a true head) which makes it trippy - as much as I hate having to listen to bootlegs, it DOES capture the room. I like how the tinsel hangs off the ostinato 1 & 2

UPDATE! 

Autechre is ready to release some music but they can't because of a guy name Ian having hard times to draw some black circles for the cover. 

:facepalm:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

On 6/29/2023 at 3:59 PM, toaoaoad said:

Man if they don't release something soon I'm gonna have to switch to team aphex :unsure:

Don't bring that shit in here, this is the ae forum

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/30/2023 at 5:39 AM, Iwanttobefree said:

The Aphex attitude has to go ....

It's all in good fun :emotawesomepm9:

Besides I think aphex can afford a little criticism no? It's not like we're picking on some underdog lol

Back to original subject: Seriously how ridiculous is it that this release is being held up by some hack's mediocre "artwork" now? Imagine being this Ian guy. :facepalm: Just pick a colour and give it a tri rep treatment and get on with it lol

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 2

Indeed and even Autechre wants the Audience to fokus more on the sounds and music instead of looking at something!

Just make the art totally black wtf! It doesn't matter anymore when it comes to Ae! Ian wake up now please! :facepalm:

• Like 1