IGNORED

Autechre. Live. Twentytwentytwo.

Iwanttobefree

On 7/5/2023 at 10:52 AM, khov said:

without trying to put sounds into images

If this were true there would be no images at all. Minimalist imagery does not equal no imagery. If they really wanted to abide by this philosophy, all the covers should be blank with just plain text. The TDR artwork absolutely puts images to the sounds, makes no difference if the image is simple or complex. All the artwork has had some influence on the perception of the music, it's kinda impossible not to.

• Like 1

Plus I might mix the release up with Peel Sessions 2. Just imagine the confusion - I'd be telling such mishap anecdotes for years .... 

image.png

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, cern said:

This is not the Backstreet Clark forum of watmm but anyway 

(Press Play in the middle)

i listened to Draft on a cross country flight yesterday and realized i was wearing the new Draft 7.30 shirt.  i looked up at the screens on the backs of seats to see someone was watching john wick and someone else was watching sleepless in seattle. i wished the movies could merge and tom hanks and meg ryan could all be in on a crazy gun fight with keanu. no idea what  this has to do w/anything but it's where my sleep deprived brain was yesterday. oh yeah, had to take low dose valium because all the things. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ignatius said:

oh yeah, had to take low dose valium because all the things. 

I suggest 2 doses of xanax in these cases. The tornado? Engine malfunction? Everything is fine :datboi:

5 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

I suggest 2 doses of xanax in these cases. The tornado? Engine malfunction? Everything is fine :datboi:

i have taken lot's of xanax back in the day when it was prescribed to me. had to gradually taper off over a year or so and it was really difficult. i've taken it maybe 3 times since then. recently for an MRI. it worked like a charm but 2 days later i had a weird anxiety bump from it i think. was like a mini GABA fuck up or something. so, i stick to very low dose valium when needed. also prescribed as a band aid for dealing with Meniere's symptoms. low dose valium works well. i only took it because long flight, no sleep night before etc.. also, 3 hour drive to atlanta airport from western north carolina mtns which is seriously wiggly roads that gave me some car sickness nausea vibes. ugh. needed the power of valium to guide me through those first hours of the plane ride. 

but yeah, xanax is a really useful tool when you just need to surrender and not care about anything. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mcbpete said:

Plus I might mix the release up with Peel Sessions 2. Just imagine the confusion - I'd be telling such mishap anecdotes for years .... 

image.png

This one has clear glossy text on it as well, on the physical. 

The North American version of LP5 is just white with tracklist though :ok:

(which btw also added to the perception of the music :dadjoke:)

Edited by toaoaoad

On 7/7/2023 at 5:56 PM, ignatius said:

i have taken lot's of xanax back in the day when it was prescribed to me. had to gradually taper off over a year or so and it was really difficult. i've taken it maybe 3 times since then. recently for an MRI. it worked like a charm but 2 days later i had a weird anxiety bump from it i think. was like a mini GABA fuck up or something. so, i stick to very low dose valium when needed. also prescribed as a band aid for dealing with Meniere's symptoms. low dose valium works well. i only took it because long flight, no sleep night before etc.. also, 3 hour drive to atlanta airport from western north carolina mtns which is seriously wiggly roads that gave me some car sickness nausea vibes. ugh. needed the power of valium to guide me through those first hours of the plane ride. 

but yeah, xanax is a really useful tool when you just need to surrender and not care about anything. 

Indeed, as for surrender, I am a luminary: I have made it a discipline... but xanax soon reach inurement: I try not to gorge on it otherwise when I find myself at 10,000 meters, the instinct for self-preservation, sober and ferocious, it gives me no escape.
Meanwhile I take note: "try valium"

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

Meanwhile I take note: "try valium"

going to venture from my cancer lane here again.. ?  low dose valium was prescribed as a bandaid for meniere's symptoms and it helps. 5mg valium is a very low dose. it's just a tickle but calms the central nervous system and walks back some of the anxiety from chronic unpredictable things.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 1:26 AM, t yst r said:

Meniere's here too ?

Right ear got messed up pretty bad. Not hearing too well on the right side. Hope the left side will be spared...

ah fuck. it can suck sometimes. i get ringing and weird noises mostly in right ear that comes and goes randomly. sometimes fullness in the ear and like my right ear is hearing everything out of phase which does my head in. often get the feeling of the motion of the ocean.. like i've been on a boat for a week and just stepped off onto dry land. or sometimes i feel as though someone has just shoved me slightly. nystagmus sometimes too. thankfully my hearing is still really good and i've managed the dizziness pretty well. reading the r/meniere's sub forum on reddit reveals some real horror show type scenarios for some people who get vertigo really bad for days on end and spend time laying in bed and throwing up from the spins. fuckn' hell. 

it's a weird condition and i hope they can figure it out better because it's just a list of symptoms really. they can't explain it beyond "yeah, you have it". one neurosurgeon said there's this one tiny nerve and they've done some procedures where they just wreck that nerve completely so it's dead then people "sometimes" get better.  i said ah.. no thanks. he described the procedure to me.. they go in behind the ear and find the nerve.. this is at the most powerful magnification possible in surgery and it still like a hair in a bundle of hairs.. i don't know how they find the nerve but they do. he said generally people stay in hospital for a couple days because the procedure causes severe vertigo and it has to be managed in hospital until it subsides... then that's that. it either solves the problem or it doesn't. there's possible side effects too which sounded none too good. 

maybe cyberpunk will save us and we'll get some implants one day. ha. fuck. if there's a heaven and i get there i'm gonna punch god in the face. 

anyway.. back on topic. i voted blue and triangle in sean's poll. we've not had triangles have we?

Edited by ignatius
  • Sad 1

Reminds me that Confield's album artwork (and all the inner album pics too) is a screenshot of a video both of them made (around 0:08 seconds) :

I had an amazing Confield poster where you had a dotted perforated vertical line that could be seperated (or not) in two

Edited by Bob Dylan

10 minutes ago, Bob Dylan said:

I had an amazing Confield poster where you had a dotted perforated vertical line that could be seperated (or not) in two

i’ve still got that one. need to put it back up, probably frame it properly… (maybe in two parts?!?!?)

looks like we might have predicted things if the polling results finish out as they’re going: 

image.png.54e6e4103a1ea064bd296345eaf063a5.png

7 hours ago, ignatius said:

ah fuck. it can suck sometimes. i get ringing and weird noises mostly in right ear that comes and goes randomly. sometimes fullness in the ear and like my right ear is hearing everything out of phase which does my head in. often get the feeling of the motion of the ocean.. like i've been on a boat for a week and just stepped off onto dry land. or sometimes i feel as though someone has just shoved me slightly. nystagmus sometimes too. thankfully my hearing is still really good and i've managed the dizziness pretty well. reading the r/meniere's sub forum on reddit reveals some real horror show type scenarios for some people who get vertigo really bad for days on end and spend time laying in bed and throwing up from the spins. fuckn' hell. 

it's a weird condition and i hope they can figure it out better because it's just a list of symptoms really. they can't explain it beyond "yeah, you have it". one neurosurgeon said there's this one tiny nerve and they've done some procedures where they just wreck that nerve completely so it's dead then people "sometimes" get better.  i said ah.. no thanks. he described the procedure to me.. they go in behind the ear and find the nerve.. this is at the most powerful magnification possible in surgery and it still like a hair in a bundle of hairs.. i don't know how they find the nerve but they do. he said generally people stay in hospital for a couple days because the procedure causes severe vertigo and it has to be managed in hospital until it subsides... then that's that. it either solves the problem or it doesn't. there's possible side effects too which sounded none too good. 

maybe cyberpunk will save us and we'll get some implants one day. ha. fuck. if there's a heaven and i get there i'm gonna punch god in the face. 

anyway.. back on topic. i voted blue and triangle in sean's poll. we've not had triangles have we?

if you get nystagmus, it must be a very heavy condition. I'm glad that all of this doesn't stop you from making lustful fuckery music.
the surgery description made my skin crawl: no no no no

Yes, I hope no deity exists out there, I have a list that would make the mexican cartel unease

...some trouble with mastodon here, but this time I would bet for non-euclidean geometries

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

if you get nystagmus, it must be a very heavy condition. I'm glad that all of this doesn't stop you from making lustful fuckery music.
the surgery description made my skin crawl: no no no no

Yes, I hope no deity exists out there, I have a list that would make the mexican cartel unease

...some trouble with mastodon here, but this time I would bet for non-euclidean geometries

Earplugs! They even make ‘em with flames on em now too so you can be a badass while protecting your hearing.

• Thanks 1