IGNORED

Orbital - Optical Delusion. 17th February.

purlieu

1 hour ago, Pirtek said:

We still need to find out what's on the Amazon exclusive.

I am just guessing, but likely the 3 bonus album tracks - The Crane, Year Of The Bat and Lost In Time

Guess we'll find out next week or so, glad the Atmos BluRay has the 13 tracks and instrumentals, plus I bet more remixes to come (maybe) and hopefully more later, like 1-2 outtakes/demos like Monsters had..

Edited by sexagon hun

4 hours ago, sexagon hun said:

I am just guessing, but likely the 3 bonus album tracks - The Crane, Year Of The Bat and Lost In Time

Guess we'll find out next week or so, glad the Atmos BluRay has the 13 tracks and instrumentals, plus I bet more remixes to come (maybe) and hopefully more later, like 1-2 outtakes/demos like Monsters had..

I think I said that at some point!??‍♂️

I've heard a rumor there's more to come with the track Are You Alive? Maybe a remix?

Like you said, we'll find out next week.

Can't wait!!

5 hours ago, silentvision said:

https://laylo.com/serenade/ToBW7

image.thumb.png.82a34a76fce1b751ba8c8e0a250a078f.png

#digitalvinyls

FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ?????

(this is that horrendous linked vimeo link in that picture by the way - The incorrect text-encoding in the video title text definitely shows their level of quality standards )

Wow the boys have definitely fallen far from their 'The Girl with the Sun in Her Head' era (made using the electricity provided by Greenpeace's mobile solar power generator) to now releasing NFT-ized limited editions ?

• Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, mcbpete said:

Wow the boys have definitely fallen far from their 'The Girl with the Sun in Her Head' era (made using the electricity provided by Greenpeace's mobile solar power generator) to now releasing NFT-ized limited editions ?

Bro I'm SURE the Servers that power all the computers responsible for these NFT digital pressings are powered by Greenpeace Solar; We Good! ☀️??‍?

A format for everyone, yeah this is taking a piss a bit too far - dumb AF, but I liked almost all of Monsters Exist and so far only heard Dirty Rat which was a fun change of pace so just hope it's another good album, heard the 3 bonus tracks are as good as anything from the actual album from a buddy who heard em (he's a reviewer)

Edited by sexagon hun
  • Like 2

I would just like to retract my earlier statement about liking dirty rat. After a second listen, I realised that actually, I kind of hate it.

I'm also really not on board for the other two singles, Ringa Ringa is embarrassing, the other one is boring.

I know they'll never be anything like the pre-Altogether days, and I don't think they should try to be... they're doing what they want and that's admirable. Admittedly, most of Wonky grew on me over time but the trajectory they've been heading in since has left me disappointed.

• Farnsworth 1

NICE! I'm not gonna have my Deluxe BluRay for a while since it won't even ship till tomorrow so I'll grab a FLAC of the album for now, and also will have to wait on the bonus tracks until the bluray comes in - wonder how many of the bonus tracks Phil wrote..

• Like 1

This is all fresh to me, didn't listen to any of the songs minus hearing some of Ringa once - really liking this so far, 4 tracks in, very different than the last one - loved Monsters but this is not like that one style wise at all, glad. Will be nice to also have the instrumentals via the BluRay.

• Like 1

@purlieu What's your take on this Blu-Ray, NFT, limited editions etc, etc. Honestly, can't keep track of all these variations.

I guess the the question I need to be asking is, "Is any of this stuff actually any good?"

Speaking for myself, I grabbed the bluray because the company that did it does atmos surround mixes for certain albums, think they've only done it for a few albums so far, and I figured it would be a fun way to listen to it, and it comes w the bonus tracks and the instrumentals and several different mix options, not gonna buy a bluray album often but I have a decent home 5.1 set up so thought it would be a fun way to hear it.

• Like 1