IGNORED

Orbital - Optical Delusion. 17th February.

purlieu

12 hours ago, splesh said:

Cautiously somewhat optimistic about this one (not listening to the singles out already). One thing's for sure, the artwork reminds me of the lovely psychedelic kitsch of In Sides

As did the last album cover (and it's title). It all harks back to the era when they were at their peak, but unfortunately lacks anything anywhere near as good in terms of the strong, quality tunes they were putting out at that time.

• Like 2

Orbital doing an Orbital parody? IMHO their last consistently great album was from 1999 after that the albums got worse and worse with a standout track here and there, f.i. I really liked "Tiny Foldable Cities" from "Monsters Exist". But these new singles are truly scraping the barrel. Sad.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, perunamuusi said:

The video is somehow even more hilarious  than the music. I actually think this might be the funniest thing ever. Well done boys.

right?

I listened to his video while being high and i was laughing my ass off!

ill just pretend that was his real intent!

Edited by watmmisdead
  • Haha 1

Haven’t read this thread but I love that Sleaford Mods track I’ve heard on the radio lately. Just great. Obviously not in a chin/beard/cock stroking way. It just hits the spot mate. 

You dirty rat!!!! ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

Dirty Rat... I like the song and I like Sleaford's voice. It's just that cringy old-man-yells-at-cloud politics and that dumb-ass video that make hairs of my neck stand up. If he was singing this in a language that I don't understand it would be fantastic.

46 minutes ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Please elaborate....

Mentioned September of 2021:

“We’ve got a brand-new album coming next autumn after Thirtysomething. Then we’ll start a series of reissuing each album properly. I’m not sure what extras we’ll include yet, but tracks like the nine-minute Untitled, which was only ever on the cassette version of our first album, will find its way onto vinyl.”

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/orbital-tell-sde-of-archival-reissue-plans/

• Like 1

^^ Nice, never heard or even knew about this one until you just mentioned it there:

The gated vocals that start at around 1:20 really remind me of something but I can't quite place what.

1 hour ago, mcbpete said:

^^ Nice, never heard or even knew about this one until you just mentioned it there:

The gated vocals that start at around 1:20 really remind me of something but I can't quite place what.

Cant believe I know exactly what I think you're talking about but...

One of my favorites trance tunes from my high school days.

This might be the original source?

Edited by six
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2022 at 7:07 PM, perunamuusi said:

The video is somehow even more hilarious  than the music. I actually think this might be the funniest thing ever. Well done boys.

lmao this is both impossible to watch and impossible to stop watching.

the guy is bad now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1