IGNORED

Barcelona 16.06.23 (WAP483), Sónar Festival 10”

cern

1 minute ago, Stock said:

Richard taught us a very important lesson on the matter with the pretend analog track !! :cisfor:

Haha yeah he is sure kinda fancy with his machines.. If he said he only used analogue gear In some tracks I would believe him BUT the most interesting bit surrounding gear is how things being arranged and sequenced. Anyway he doing awesome music and that's what matter! ?

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing these stereo rips.  Def agree that the second trk is rework of the first, with some FM synth fkery in place of the original synths.
Great to have this track finally released, even though I miss the background female voices from the original Printworks(?) live recording

45 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Reminder: watmm does not allow the posting of links to copyrighted material. Do no post a link to the Google Drive folder of the Barcelona vinyl rips, please.

But downloading is an act of conscience

13 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

No, the WAV files are stereo ? 

:dadjoke: (just kidding, just kidding)

• Like 1

okay holy sheet acid goodness :aphexsign:a1 rfc pt8

3 hours ago, Mattthegoone said:

Style: Acid, Leftfield 

Is it really?? 

What is Leftfield music? (And not the band) 

On Discogs, this term tends to be applied to anything with a "quirky" component, or anything that's atypical of its genre, or to which no other style really seems to apply.  Sometimes it is used as a less-alienating alternative for the term Experimental. There is major potential for overuse of this tag, and as more styles are added, they can potentially be used to replace this tag where there was previously no better description.  

The main melody in the second track (afxfm e) is very beautiful 

I just wish he also had choose to play it using different sound like a more atmospheric Pad sound 
maybe the presets from the first track would fit well 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, cern said:

The main melody in the second track (afxfm e) is very beautiful 

I just wish he also had choose to play it using different sound like a more atmospheric Pad sound 
maybe the presets from the first track would fit well 

Write a letter to Warp and ask them to forward it to him with your recommendations and tell him how he’s done it all wrong

I haven’t heard this track yet but it’s the kind of thing that does my head in

Time to dial watmm down I think. What we need is a thread that just has the absolute important updates and nothing else. And zero gibberish.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have these tracks on loop right now so fucking good it is! Some people chose to wait for the Bleep-release when it is everywhere, must be difficult 

909 Rave! 

Edited by cern
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, cern said:

I have these tracks on loop right now so fucking good it is! Some people chose to wait for the Bleep-release when it is everywhere, must be difficult 

909 Rave! 

Yeah, loving them too!!

• Like 1

Finally heard the Barcelona tracks on YouTube as there's a decent HQ stereo rip (put up yesterday). Blackbox Recorder is my favourite though. I think!

rfc pt8 is pretty glorious though and growing on me already after 3 plays. Hmmm very nice indeed. Even though I'm a sucker for 6/7/8+ minute tracks I quite like the short track times. Seems to suit the style of these tracks.

Edited by beerwolf

17 hours ago, species8472 said:

is there anything cern doesn’t complain about? teenagers these days. 

Teenager? mans joined WATMM in '07 lol

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1