IGNORED

AE "now playing" thread

toaoaoad

love this track, it´s a bit like zeiss contarex all slinky in a narcotic haze.  It captures that really good sensation of heightened curiosity for the most mundane things when you´re high. It has a sort of humor running through it, like plodding around a little confused but in childlike wonder of everything. And then there´s that casual melody being played on some wind instrument sounding thing, it´s a cheeky little leprechaun perched in a tree playing his magic air flute! 

• Like 9

would ae have still been successful if their track names had been "never gonna stop lovin' you" or "warm by the fireplace with a good cup of coffee" and their album art was pictures of couples holding hands with album titles like "songs from a more romantic time" and their band name was "sean and rob, the musical duo" but the music was the same?

Edited by zlemflolia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, zlemflolia said:

"warm by the fireplace with a good cup of coffee"

this is actually accurate.  ...or maybe this :

"warm by the fireplace with a good cup of coffee and a big spliff of superskunk "

On 12/6/2023 at 4:41 PM, ooqpoo said:

love this track, it´s a bit like zeiss contarex all slinky in a narcotic haze.  It captures that really good sensation of heightened curiosity for the most mundane things when you´re high. It has a sort of humor running through it, like plodding around a little confused but in childlike wonder of everything. And then there´s that casual melody being played on some wind instrument sounding thing, it´s a cheeky little leprechaun perched in a tree playing his magic air flute! 

was listening to this track this morning. totally love it too, one of my favs from nts since it's been out.

yet I have a totally different feeling than yours about what it brings in mind to me. no leprechaun with flutes, more like bewitched tibetan monks creeping in a dark swamp, slowly rising under a bad moon, playing their sacred percs, bells and chimes. with acid snakes lurking around.

Edited by neurone
  • Like 2

On 11/24/2023 at 5:58 AM, Freak of the week said:

Came here to post this. Underrated track. And kind of a "wtf" track. It has a feeling like being in a maze, or an Escher landscape, or some other dimension that's always collapsing back in on itself. Combined with rather desolate/ominous vibes. Definitely a grower track. Feels like an ancestor of Eastre.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I used Vose In to demonstrate spectrogram visualization to my students today. The end in particular has so much interesting stuff going on across the spectrum and with all of those big isolated events it's really easy to see how the image is reflecting what's going on with the sound.

They seemed to like the track too (but how could you not?)

• Like 5
  • Burger 1

On 1/24/2024 at 9:58 PM, toaoaoad said:

❤️

I could go for a super extended version of paralel Suns. Def one of my favs from the Quari era.

I've been on a Quaristice bender the past week or so. SO much good stuff on all 3 releases.

Edited by jules
  • Like 4

IMG_4365.thumb.jpeg.d2323ba1fdd36d80f8132ceb9164ae02.jpeg

now playing the 2008 12+ hour webcast. just playing it on my phone for the last few days keeping its spot in the whole run. first three hours is 95% hip hop. 9 hours to go :nyan:

• Like 4

Been cleaning the house on nts sessions, got to splesh so far, time for a fag/beer break and after that i'll dive into the toiletbowl 

What an amazing release overall, i love how its both nerv wrecking and so chill 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Been cleaning the house on nts sessions, got to splesh so far, time for a fag/beer break and after that i'll dive into the toiletbowl 

Been doing the same as well. Some new favs have been emerging this go around. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivan Ooze said:

I clean my house a lot to the Melbourne 2010 bootleg, really energetic and propulsive. I'm always amazed how much I get done in an hour, heh

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

tt1pd toilet cleaning video when

13 minutes ago, jules said:

tt1pd toilet cleaning video when

When i turned on the vacuum cleaner me and my cats started to gonk 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2