IGNORED

What would you do if you won the lottery?

J3FF3R00

16 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

I would live on a train

booty train?

edit: lump sum.. then i'd troll/shame people/billionaires/douchebags with sky writers. also, meme-war brought to the mainstream and open sourced. fund some lawsuits to be thorny in some sides of various churches, mega-corps, city councils etc, make a gluten free version of Murphy's Irish Stout.  make a Foundation for giving away tax free money/grants to people who need it. 

I'd also pay some engineer to invent a machine powerful enough to pull the sticks out of people's asses. 

oh, of course i'd find like a thousand people of various ages and put them under contract to shit on Trump's grave once he dies.. not all at the same time but sort of sporadically over a several year period.. just to make it become a trend then endure's for generations. 

Edited by ignatius

I will run towards a pack of giant scorpions in the desert and get stung to death. That is if I don't get blown up by a bloodthirsty mailman with sticks of dynamite first.

• Like 2

Hire a team of the world’s greatest private eyes to launch a full-fledged investigation to find out who, or what, Steinvord really is.

8 minutes ago, whosebrian said:

I would find out who steinvord is.

Beat me to it lol

• Like 1

create an LLC to hide behind is the 1st thing anyone should reasonably do. do not announce you won. if other people you're friends with know you won the lottery, you're fucked. other people are the reason winning the lottery would ruin the experience. those fuckers come out and will wanna grab on to any $ they can get. people are predictable. greedy. sadly this is how it is. you win the lottery, and your life is fucked hahaha 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, zero said:

create an LLC to hide behind is the 1st thing anyone should reasonably do. do not announce you won. if other people you're friends with know you won the lottery, you're fucked. other people are the reason winning the lottery would ruin the experience. those fuckers come out and will wanna grab on to any $ they can get. people are predictable. greedy. sadly this is how it is. you win the lottery, and your life is fucked hahaha 

I mean, if I won a billion, I'd probably give my mates I've known for years a couple of thousand here and there if they needed, but yeah, new friends might make it a bit complicated. If I won a million, I could give them a few hundred here and there

dude if I won a billion dollars I'd give every one of my friends at least $5 million 

let's say I have 20 friends (LOL), I'd still have 900 MILLION dollars left, and what the hell am I gonna do with all that? 

fuckin scrooges up in here, sheesh

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, YEK said:

I’d become:

........................................ if we do actually win the lottery, and then follow through with our plans, we should team up, business wise, and start hiring others to join us.... I know a guy who had a history of dealing with "waste management"...:

MV5BOTMxM2I3NWEtZWI4Ni00YjRmLThiNzAtNDI3

I'd hire the best Dr Nick Riviera to augment me in weird ways. I'd also eat bits of myself that were redundant, love handles etc. 

Build an enormous laboratory to research abiogenesis, robotics, machine learning, cerebral organoids, other cutting edge stuff

Then I'd run out of money because I didn't invest it and be stuck a half ass man but I'd be happy

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

A thought would be to fund the creation of a web browser or plugin that would purposely be anti-algorithmic. Any site you go to that psychologically manipulates you into continuing scrolling, I'd find a way to counteract this as much as possible AND to have the option of seeing what the website is doing currently that is trying to make you addicted to it. The world REALLY needs the ability to go online without being subconsciously 'tricked' into continuing to browse. Would help make better the mental health of the younger generations, and everyone's time.

I just really foresee it this problem getting BAD in the future when larger and larger portions of society grew up with the constant dopamine and overstimulation of current social media like TikTok. It's kinda like global warming where the effect will be delayed/ignored till it's already a massive problem, and by then it's too late for many.

Future generations will look back on this and think just how backward and manipulative it all is. How it's ruining the minds of so many, so obviously, and people just didn't care. I mean it GIVES you symptoms of ADHD and higher neuroticism without it being genetic. Things become boring because their brains need more stimulation, and you can only get that stimulation with a small device. AND they don't really enjoy anyway, it but it doesn't matter as their brains were hacked by age 4 and they can get physical withdrawal without their phone. It's basically drug addiction.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 2
  • Big Brain 1

I'd pay 3 snipers to each rent an appartment in the building opposite mine so they can get acquainted with my habits and routines, and, within a maximum of 6 weeks, but not before they are confident that it will be a success, fatally shoot me. The person to succesfully shoot and kill me will get 30% of the lottery money and the runners-up will get 15% each. The remaining half of the total should be split between my dad and brother, if they get more than 500,000 per person they are obliged to spend half of whatever they got on one or more charities of their choosing. Although in my dad's case I might have to set some boundaries as he's prone to esotericism and might end up funding some homeopaths or buying some charlatan a lifetime supply of divining rods.

The person that kills me will also have to come up with a satisfactory story around the shooting and explain the money etc.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 8/6/2023 at 11:01 PM, whosebrian said:

I would find out who steinvord is.

It's Aphex Twin, please paypal me your winnings

On 8/23/2023 at 12:13 AM, Brisbot said:

A thought would be to fund the creation of a web browser or plugin that would purposely be anti-algorithmic. Any site you go to that psychologically manipulates you into continuing scrolling, I'd find a way to counteract this as much as possible AND to have the option of seeing what the website is doing currently that is trying to make you addicted to it. The world REALLY needs the ability to go online without being subconsciously 'tricked' into continuing to browse. Would help make better the mental health of the younger generations, and everyone's time.

I just really foresee it this problem getting BAD in the future when larger and larger portions of society grew up with the constant dopamine and overstimulation of current social media like TikTok. It's kinda like global warming where the effect will be delayed/ignored till it's already a massive problem, and by then it's too late for many.

Future generations will look back on this and think just how backward and manipulative it all is. How it's ruining the minds of so many, so obviously, and people just didn't care. I mean it GIVES you symptoms of ADHD and higher neuroticism without it being genetic. Things become boring because their brains need more stimulation, and you can only get that stimulation with a small device. AND they don't really enjoy anyway, it but it doesn't matter as their brains were hacked by age 4 and they can get physical withdrawal without their phone. It's basically drug addiction.

I remember feeling similarly about TV making people dumb by addicting them to inane blathering, and sucking all the conversation out of a room, and how parents would use the TV to get their kids to shut up, or would ignore them while they watched it

I would buy you a lottery ticket hoping you would do the same for me everytime we play fo eva. Then? Yeah, we would buy every IDM musician on sale and keep our favourtite music in our fart bubbles, love, actually. And where ever there is.