IGNORED

Orbital - Green and Brown Album Live 2024 tour!!

3 hours ago, hayhook said:

hyped to see the radio edits and the US version on the digitals (as were missing from the Green Album super deluxe)

Me too!

2 hours ago, purlieu said:

The collector in me is irritated that this looks like we won't be getting the radio edit of Satan if there's no III drop.

There will be, but it'll be digital only.

2 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

I'm not keen on the new logo. Can't beat the 90's one.

5 hours ago, hayhook said:

hyped to see the radio edits and the US version on the digitals (as were missing from the Green Album super deluxe)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Orbital post today stated midnight/choice being the final LED…  so yeah. Looks like no physical release of III. 

Edited by hayhook
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, purlieu said:

Ok bored of Green now where's Brown reissue?

Being prepared as we speak 😉

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mcbpete said:

I didn't actually know there was third Hartnoll brother

Screenshot_20220804-193555~2.png

Edited by Pirtek
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Pirtek said:

No original edit? But industry standard instead. Why not both? 

40 minutes ago, hayhook said:

Maybe on the Bandcamp version?

7 hours ago, hayhook said:

From the clip it sounds like the edit of the 1991 version. No idea why it's named after the 1996 one.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, purlieu said:

From the clip it sounds like the edit of the 1991 version. No idea why it's named after the 1996 one.

I thought the same!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, purlieu said:

oh snap. you're right.  sloppy mis-label  it is the orginal 7" version.  : )

Edited by hayhook

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2024 at 12:07 PM, Jamesqdot said:

This is probably the greediest, most shameless, poorly thought-out reissue campaign I have ever seen. 

Digital Chime/Deeper should have had the 7" Edit and "Radiccio Edit" of Deeper and the US Album Edit of Chime

Digital Omen EP should have had ALL the Omen Mixes and Open Mind Jam

Digital Midnight/Choice should have had Choice (Eye & I) and Midnight (Sasha Remix)

Digital Belfast missing Belfast Original Jam, and really, do we really need 3 versions of that dreadful Belfast/Wasted?

Digital III Mislabel of Satan (7" Version) and should have included Satan (US Album Version)

Edited by hayhook
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hayhook said:

Digital Chime/Deeper should have had the 7" Edit and the "Radiccio Edit" of Deeper and the US Album Edit of Chime

Digital Omen EP should have had ALL the Omen Mixes and Open Mind Jam

Digital Midnight/Choice should have had Choice (Eye & I) and Midnight (Sasha Remix)

Digital Belfast missing Belfast Original Jam

And that's just the start. The whole thing is utterly unhinged and designed quite simply to make you buy (at least half) the same stuff over and over again.

I was really looking forward to these reissues and confess to having bought the deluxe CD box set in this case (the vinyl set was so massively overpriced I actually laughed out loud when I saw the listing for the first time). To then be sent an email mere hours in on the official release day with an "offer" to BUY an even further but still not complete, expanded digital download added insult to injury.

Edited by Jamesqdot
  • Sad 1

Yeah, I think the box is pretty decent and I understand that not everything can be included, simply for space reasons, and that leaving off radio edits and stuff was generally a wise decision, but if they did want to issue everything else then a simple "everything else" digital release would have been absolutely fine. Just the radio edits and mixes that weren't on the boxset. The amount of non-album material from this era is extensive so it's not an easy task to get everything out in a fully satisfying way, but putting it all out over numerous EPs with one or two exclusive tracks and a lot of repurchasing each time, released via different websites, is just about the worst way of doing it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, purlieu said:

Yeah, I think the box is pretty decent and I understand that not everything can be included, simply for space reasons, and that leaving off radio edits and stuff was generally a wise decision, but if they did want to issue everything else then a simple "everything else" digital release would have been absolutely fine. Just the radio edits and mixes that weren't on the boxset. The amount of non-album material from this era is extensive so it's not an easy task to get everything out in a fully satisfying way, but putting it all out over numerous EPs with one or two exclusive tracks and a lot of repurchasing each time, released via different websites, is just about the worst way of doing it.

Oh no... I get what you're saying 100%. I always forget just HOW MUCH extra stuff there was around the Green album. And so much of it is really good stuff.

But it's like... you paid the £70 for the physical box set. Would it have hurt to then digitally include the other stuff? Sure maybe not the outliers like radio edits and the US mixes etc... but the stuff that they "included" in the surprise digital edition? If I'd known I might have bought the vinyl box set and the digital edition instead...

Edited by Jamesqdot

5 hours ago, Jamesqdot said:

If I'd known I might have bought the vinyl box set and the digital edition instead...

That's what I did for that exact reason