IGNORED

SAW II turns 30

chenGOD

This picture is giving me crazy expectations of a deluxe edition / SAW 2.5 or version 2 as other implied. I also guess a regular repress would have been released earlier this year to coincide with the album's 30th anniversary?

1 minute ago, Stock said:

This picture is giving me crazy expectations of a deluxe edition / SAW 2.5 or version 2 as other implied. I also guess a regular repress would have been released earlier this year to coincide with the album's 30th anniversary?

They didnt have anything prepared in march- even the photo they posted then looks very much like a rush edit. Its literally the photo from discogs edited onto the record; but what makes me hopeful is the fact Artificial Intelligences reissue also did not coincide with the release date. Theres still a chance !!!

• Like 2

I, too, am hoping for an extended reissue here. There’s plenty of tracks from the Bleep Store version, the SoundCloud dump, etc that could fit neatly into an expanded version. Looking to replace my 1972 version with a Warp version.

After all the latest nonsense music that has been released by warp, im not sure anything good will come from them and that this opportunity will be lost in time like tears in rain!

IMG_6308.gif

warp, prove me wrong! 😝 

Edited by xox
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, voicemail said:

I might not be remembering correctly... but I thought he said he re-did all the Melodies from Mars tracks

yeah he said in a 2009 interview that he remade the tracks on Melodies from Mars. afaik he never said that about SAW85-92 or SAW2, there just happens to be a handful of alternate versions of tracks from those albums.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kausto said:

Is the the original SAW 2 cover with the copper plate logo re-etched and polished? Or is it just similar. I think it's probably just similar, but I had a thought

is that a 3CD set?

edit: obv yes…i count 27 tracks, original SAW2 had 24 so… Stone in Focus + ? & ?

Edited by auxien

4 minutes ago, auxien said:

is that a 3CD set?

Appears to be so but can’t find the source. Where was this posted? Definitely not the old 2 disc set I bought decades ago.

Edited by Hail Sagan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bubba69 said:

Is the the original SAW 2 cover with the copper plate logo re-etched and polished? Or is it just similar. I think it's probably just similar, but I had a thought

The original was an etched leather bag... from what Richard said on Soundcloud.  This recent graphic is completely new.  I wonder if it's an photograph or 3D render.  Wonder how it fits into this new re-release.

I'm also wondering what, if any, new merch will be offered.  hmmm

2 hours ago, auxien said:

is that a 3CD set?

edit: obv yes…i count 27 tracks, original SAW2 had 24 so… Stone in Focus + ? & ?

th1 (evnslower) and that other Lichen kinda track but with percussion (Sounds like a stick against a tea pot)

^info coming from some random user on an Aphex Twin discord (dear god the smell of that place must be powerful...)

vaguely comparing the images to the SAW II original artwork, it seems to line up, just by eye. from Blue Calx on, the portions of circles seem to basically line up with known track times. would be a bit annoying to fake the image is all i'm saying. does look like a mock up you'd see on Bleep or something before they've got legit produced copies

track lengths of the last three would probably put Stone In Focus 2nd to last, track 26 (overall obv, track 7 on CD3)

Screenshot2024-06-17at5_12_35PM.thumb.png.613b41f0b42e86b527daf7c46de68ba1.png

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Correct, previous images and speculated time came from Discord and reddit chatter.

Seeing other random mentions as well.

Screenshot_20240617-183956.png

8 hours ago, auxien said:

^info coming from some random user on an Aphex Twin discord (dear god the smell of that place must be powerful...)

vaguely comparing the images to the SAW II original artwork, it seems to line up, just by eye. from Blue Calx on, the portions of circles seem to basically line up with known track times. would be a bit annoying to fake the image is all i'm saying. does look like a mock up you'd see on Bleep or something before they've got legit produced copies

track lengths of the last three would probably put Stone In Focus 2nd to last, track 26 (overall obv, track 7 on CD3)

Screenshot2024-06-17at5_12_35PM.thumb.png.613b41f0b42e86b527daf7c46de68ba1.png

Stone in focus is actually the last track on disc 2 it appears. See the one that takes up half the pie chart? Also aligns with the image previously posted to reddit (see attatched.)

Track 26 is probably th1 [evnslwer]

Track 27 is unknown as of right now (I think)

IMG_0029.jpeg

• Like 1

Yes presumably 19 will be stone in focus and 26 th1 evnslower as per the digital reissue from his website, 27 red calx slo or just fall asleep would be nice, the pie doesn't look big enough for just fall asleep