IGNORED

SAW II turns 30

chenGOD

So, I played these new remasters in a good car system, and on my own rather high end stereo and their midranges are blowing the speakers crackling in both instances, at not even very high volumes. Anyone else having this issue? 

5 hours ago, shelly said:

for those getting a t-shirt/bundle: from what i understand, all orders placed after september 6th will be shipped out on or around october 25. this only applies to the shirts– everything else is fine.

Last time I ordered the tshirt bundle it took a month or 2 to deliver, they put a tshirt bundle up just before the squarepusher album launch then had no tshirts ready, I got the squarepusher album nearly 2 months after it got released

9 hours ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Anyone in the US see their order dispatched yet?

Dispatched: 2 October 2024, 17:18 UTC

Aphex Twin
Selected Ambient Works Volume II (Expanded Edition)
Cassette (2×Cassette) Limited Edition Aphex Twin
Selected Ambient Works Volume II (Expanded Edition)
Vinyl (4×LP)

12 hours ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Anyone in the US see their order dispatched yet?

Received my 4X vinyl today.  Decided to get the CD as well and it dispatched a couple days ago.

4 hours ago, hayhook said:

So, I played these new remasters in a good car system, and on my own rather high end stereo and their midranges are blowing the speakers crackling in both instances, at not even very high volumes. Anyone else having this issue? 

Played the vinyl version today all the way through.  Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

I'm sorry but I really dont care for these two tracks. Other than nice packaging this expansion really isn't worth it. I hate how Warp edges it's fans with shit like this. It's not like we have never heard these tracks before! Just like blackbox, all that hype for a 14 minute EP. Essentially these new tracks make for a 16 minute single as well.

I love how afx is still in the spotlight after all these years though, good for rich

• Like 2

I wouldn't really consider this a shakedown by Warp. The record has been out of print for 30 years, vinyl was going for silly money (100 quid for a bootleg!) and there was a lot of demand for a repress. There isnt really a lot of room for bonus material and the stuff we got extra was fine. If anything I imagine it was Richard who was holding out, he's made statements in the past about enjoying the idea that some of his records stay exclusive or ephemeral.

I do agree that the promotional roll out  (deluxe wooden boxes, bonus tshirts) is a bit cash-grabby and tacky, and the trend to release off-cuts as staggered singles on streaming services is a bit annoying and overhyped... but that isn't really Warp's fault they are just following the standard publicity tricks that everybody else is employing today.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, killabyte11 said:

Received my 4X vinyl today.  Decided to get the CD as well and it dispatched a couple days ago.

Played the vinyl version today all the way through.  Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Haven't played my vinyl on my system (haven't received yet) just playing the digitals as released so far. Just SQUELCH everywhere.

Rhubarb orc rev should have been it's own separate release with maybe a fwd version and something else from that concert.

It's anachronistic and not in the same sound palate as the rest of the album. shouldn't have been a bonus.

Obvious picks: Red Calx (slo) or On (28 Mix) or the TEEX AB3 Track or an unreleased something no one has heard before?

My two cents.

Edited by hayhook
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, YEK said:

is there a non reversed rhubarb orc track around that I can check out or do I have to do that myself?

There's a non reversed one in my Rhubarb Orc thread but its from the old lower quality audio

Edited by zazen
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, hayhook said:

Obvious picks: Red Calx (slo) or On (28 Mix) or the TEEX AB3 Track or an unreleased something no one has heard before?

My two cents.

here's hoping that maybe a couple bonus bonuses end up in the Aphex Store digitals like he did with a lot of the other albums... pls rchrd

9 hours ago, hayhook said:

Haven't played my vinyl on my system (haven't received yet) just playing the digitals as released so far. Just SQUELCH everywhere.

I'll have to compare the remaster to the original when I get my CD.  There are tracks on SAWII that are quite raw/dirty so I'm not sure if you're  hearing the songs as they're intended or if there's something noticeably different from the orignals.

• Like 1