IGNORED

SAW II turns 30

chenGOD

Bonkers that there's no slow Red Calx on this. Sort of feels churlish to complain too much, but only two bonus tracks? I suppose three on the CD, but even so. Red Calx could have fit, and Rich must have more than that lying around. Even On 28 Mix would have been nice.

• Like 1

I don't need an afx oak stash box, I don't need an afx oak stash box 😶‍🌫️

I'll keep repeating until monday afternoon :aphexsign:

• Like 5

Steep price for box set, but cool to allow a window for people that are interested.
Appears to be a made to order type ordeal since they are having the <5 day window.

• Like 1

I'd buy Rich's 350 quid wood if he promised it'd go missing in the post, and send me Analogue Bubblebath 5 a few months later instead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Also, what do we think are the chances of this being the start of a general deluxe reissue campaign, with ICBYD next year, RDJA in 2026, maybe CTD and Drukqs following, ended with a 7LP CCAI2 boxset in 2029?

• Like 1

Turns out “10am eastern time” was actually 9am eastern time. Glad I randomly woke up early. That never happens for me on AFX day. 

My original CD works just fine, It's an album I exclusively listen to in december anyway lol

Love the design of the box set but 2 extra tracks ain't worth it

• Like 6

life is about the boxed sets you got along the way

i would have prolly bought the tapes if they had been available and then bought an old volvo to drive around and play them in. oh well

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Mattthegoone said:

Some of their delivery pricing doesn't make sense, the bundle delivery cost was huge

€13 delivery for 4 x LP
€32 delivery for 4xLP + T shirt

🤔

• Confused 1
  • Big Brain 2

Just now, Empirix said:

Wow like 320 euro or something, . looks nice though ha

i was sitting alone when I pulled up the detail view of that box and said out loud "that's hot"

• Burger 3

9 minutes ago, droid said:

€13 delivery for 4 x LP

🤔

always ropey with warp, if you add 2 of the lp release, it charges double for delivery, it's a piss take and warp/bleep were always sketchy in this aspect, rip off, i order 3 of the lp's for friends too and now i am thinking will i get stung for import taxes, better not or they are being refused and sent back. Anyway, glad to have the vinyl.

Edited by Empirix

Just now, Empirix said:

always ropey with warp, if you add 2 of the lp release, it charges double for delivery, it's a piss take and warp/bleep were always sketchy in this aspect, rip off

yeah, always tricky...  I think some of the probs probably comes from certain stock might only live in UK, verses some can be US or UK.  My guess.  Regardless, they should have all of that sorted out.

59 minutes ago, hayhook said:

booo on rhubarb orc rev... (fine version and all but doesn't fit the "sound" of the rest of the album.) grrrr.

shoulda been Red Calx (slo)

I could make the case (too much writing to do right now, maybe later) that the proper 'forward' version of rhubarb orc rev is (in artistic terms) the best thing he's ever done, when you look into the story behind it and how it was recorded and how it was supposed to be in the October 2012 Barbican performance but wasn't due to a software problem, etc.

Edited by zazen
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, droid said:

€13 delivery for 4 x LP

🤔

Shipping for the tapes was only $6.30. They are smaller, but still. 

Kinda cool reading this blurb on the older release (track 19 / stone in focus), regarding the tapes. 

This track has now thankfully been found and uploaded here, I was very worried it had been lost, very relieved*** It was not included on the original CD’s as there wasn't enough room. I usually always give priority to the vinyl versions of all my releases as I never ever really liked CD's much, think I would have liked CD's a little bit more if you could put 90 mins on them, who decided they were to be 74 mins anyway? Thinking about this now I'd love to try and get Warp to do high quality chrome cassette versions of all my Warp musics, maybe even metal ones if possible. If I wait a year or so for this I could include all the extras on the cassettes as there would be plenty of room, would have to sign the tracks over to Warp first for a physical release, something I don't have to do for this website but that shouldn't be too difficult.

31 minutes ago, Empirix said:

always ropey with warp, if you add 2 of the lp release, it charges double for delivery, it's a piss take and warp/bleep were always sketchy in this aspect, rip off, i order 3 of the lp's for friends too and now i am thinking will i get stung for import taxes, better not or they are being refused and sent back. Anyway, glad to have the vinyl.

If you spent over 150e which it sounds like you have customs will hit you