IGNORED

Select Ambient Works II Expanded Edition

ZoeB

17 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

I want the black shirt but with shipping it's 40€ + brexit so... fuck it...

i wanted on too. it's 185gsm, so not even as good as the heaviest quality cheap blanks, which tend to be 220gsm or thereabouts. 

an expensive shirt, to match the asking price, would be a good 250gsm or about 7-7.5 ounces in american money.

tbh, ive always found aphex merchandise poor and overpriced.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dcom said:

I'll probably get the regular vinyl w/ digital, but I don't think I'll ever listen to it on vinyl - I think I have listened to the OG brown vinyl copy I have just once, and it's been on the shelf for 30 years after that.

yeah..  i have the OG Black and the Brown (numbered 000003!) and apart from a minute-long blast, have never ever played them.

If there's one album that just doesn't work on vinyl, it's this one, I think.  Something about the sterile nature of some of the atmospheres, and the fine-grained HF detail in the drones, that vinyl just swamps and destroys with the added surface noise.

1 hour ago, logboy said:

i wanted on too. it's 185gsm, so not even as good as the heaviest quality cheap blanks, which tend to be 220gsm or thereabouts. 

an expensive shirt, to match the asking price, would be a good 250gsm or about 7-7.5 ounces in american money.

tbh, ive always found aphex merchandise poor and overpriced.

Always print my own merch T's n hoodies - cheap and unique. Yeh warp designs are not great

• Big Brain 1

With the super-box-xp-2000 version I'd be too scared to even open it or play the records in case it gets scuffed or the artwork gets crumpled or the 12''s scratched. It'd be a 300 quid bit of space that I would actively avoid getting near for fear of damage - a purchase of 3 dimensional fear. Literally the only purpose of it is to never unseal from the delivery box and then flip later if you need some cash

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Farnsworth 1

12 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Literally the only purpose of it is to never unseal from the delivery box and then flip later if you need some cash

this. it’s built for discogs.

• Like 4
  • Big Brain 1

4 hours ago, auxien said:

this. it’s built for discogs.

Although I generally despise discogs scalpers, I'm really tempted to do this. Never unpack it and sell it for as much as possible because any div willing to pay £300 for it deserves to pay as much as I could get away with charging. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Scaramouche said:

If you're curious (as I was) what an UHQCD is - https://trackingangle.com/features/uhqcd-final-frontier-cd-memory-tech-japan-review

n.b. IMO digital is digital is digital so take the article with a grain of salt the size of a small quarry

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dcom said:

The collector in me wouldn't mind getting the oak box, but with VAT on top the total price would be close to 500 €, which is insane, even by my standards. I'll probably get the regular vinyl w/ digital, but I don't think I'll ever listen to it on vinyl - I think I have listened to the OG brown vinyl copy I have just once, and it's been on the shelf for 30 years after that. My OG 2xCD still works, too. The "extra" tracks are firmly in the meh category for me.

Where did you get it from? (Edit: it became available in a store I predominantly use for vinyl purchases.)

Ordered from HHV 

1 hour ago, Scaramouche said:

nice!

1 hour ago, mcbpete said:

If you're curious (as I was) what an UHQCD is - https://trackingangle.com/features/uhqcd-final-frontier-cd-memory-tech-japan-review

n.b. IMO digital is digital is digital so take the article with a grain of salt the size of a small quarry

thanks for that…might be worth nabbing tho, going to check how much it is w/ shipping.

1 hour ago, perunamuusi said:

Although I generally despise discogs scalpers, I'm really tempted to do this. Never unpack it and sell it for as much as possible because any div willing to pay £300 for it deserves to pay as much as I could get away with charging. 

with you 100% on that, not into scammers but tempted anytime i see these that are obvious cash cows. better return over a few years than the stock market or whatever shit. 

8 minutes ago, cern said:

Strange that cassettes sold out so fast

If I remember correctly the same thing happened with Cheetah EP cassettes 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scaramouche said:

CD contrarian here. I've pre-ordered this from beatnik.com for £60 + whatever customs decide to hit me with because

Spoiler

I actually think it looks nicer than the vinyl boxset, which is like Homer's Car 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cern said:

Strange that cassettes sold out so fast

There were only 250 of them tho. 
I wish they came with stickers, like the LP. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cern said:

How many here is ordering this?  It is pretty pricey and yes built for Discogs

vinyl available on amazon now, ordered 1. I initially ordered and the boxset too but the import and vat makes it completely ridiculous (extra 83 euro) so unfortunately had to cancel. I would still buy it if i could get it without the fees, pretty unfair etc...

Edited by Empirix

will think about this in october, wld b gr8 2 hear this on whynl ((:: 

spewin' bad these missed out onna press : On (28 Mix), Saw II Un Stabbing Interview, Chopped F Beginning [Saw II Un], Saw II Un Road Shimmer F, Red Calx[slo] 

• Like 1

No tote bag. :facepalm: Warp drops the ball again. They should have made some dream catchers too.  

Warp's merch failure aside, I'll get the Japanese CD, and vinyl. My current copies are mooked and this is a special album. 

1 hour ago, auxien said:

better return over a few years than the stock market or whatever shit. 

image.jpeg.7e9e11d8321428d0eb433dbba9fca735.jpeg

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Scaramouche said:

Whoa! That is nice!!

11 hours ago, mcbpete said:

i got the remaster of squarepushers FMWT on the japanese UHQCD and preferred it.

just sounded a little more solid. dont know if that's the reality of it.

Edited by logboy
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Tiemachine said:

CD contrarian here. I've pre-ordered this from beatnik.com for £60 + whatever customs decide to hit me with because

Hide contents

I actually think it looks nicer than the vinyl boxset, which is like Homer's Car 

Agreed. I'm tempted to get this as well. 

My CD player is fucked, though it served me well for 17 years. Spotify is handy but is no substitute for a proper CD player linked to my Beast Amp. So customs charges won't seem that bad when I really should go to Richer Sounds with my credit card and do what I've needed to do for 18 months now. 

• Like 2