IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

this thread makes me sad. You guys have got all kinds of sweet synthesizers and drum machines and cool looking speakers and mixers and shit. all I got is an old dusty computer from 2003 (my laptop is no good at music making) and a pair of worn out headphones. I envy you all.

:cerious:

:sad:

I find the junkier my studio gets the more tracks I make. Like right now the entire floor is covered in a layer of cardboard boxes with things painted on them, ukuleles, microeconomics textbooks (not sure where those came from but I use them to support my florescent light tube along with a broken accordion & a vcr), a banjo, several ties, & organized Tupperware containers filled with animal bones I found

and I'm making a shitload of tracks

Edited by Cryptowen

This is how I set up my stuff in my old house. The midi/some hardware in front of a 32" TV hooked up via HDMI. Not pictured is all the guitar gear.

MSpaint is fun, but mostly to cover up the fact that I lived in a spare room with 2 decades of someone elses' junk at the time. :cerious:

post-10612-0-52848600-1339467760_thumb.jpg

Edited by Audioblysk

Guest Promo

this thread makes me sad. You guys have got all kinds of sweet synthesizers and drum machines and cool looking speakers and mixers and shit. all I got is an old dusty computer from 2003 (my laptop is no good at music making) and a pair of worn out headphones. I envy you all.

:cerious:

:sad:

You can get a Yamaha RX drum machine for no money at all. Its almost like having a Oberheim DMX or DX drum machine but for a 5th or 10th of the price. I picked an Yamaha RX-15 (1986) yesterday for £20 - fn bargain! The snare is a bit crap but the rest of the sounds are dope!

Edited by Promo

all I got is an old dusty computer from 2003 (my laptop is no good at music making) and a pair of worn out headphones. I envy you all.

Learn trackers and a laptop from 2003 will be all you'll need !

Guest Promo

McPete is right - you don't need much to make music and of all the requirements imagination is still the most important piece of equipment. A good example was the stuff that Jonas The Plugexpert posted up that he made on the Amiga back in 1994 - seriously good stuff.

setup1-1.jpg

Current setup as of a few minutes ago. Didn't put any thought into arranging everything nicely so a lot of stuff is either packed away or in a pile somewhere. I've been mostly making music with guitars and laptop lately. I only ever bring out the gear when I'm preparing for a liveset.

Here was my studio last week. I just moved out of that apartment, and I took the pic for the memories.

Now I currently just have my virus and machinedrum on a little desk, going through headphones. I'm staying at a place temporarily, so I won't be setting up the entire studio again for a couple of months, until I get settled in a more permanent place.

I enjoyed this setup... was very ergonomic!

post-70-0-51215600-1339528045_thumb.jpg

Here was my studio last week. I just moved out of that apartment, and I took the pic for the memories.

Now I currently just have my virus and machinedrum on a little desk, going through headphones. I'm staying at a place temporarily, so I won't be setting up the entire studio again for a couple of months, until I get settled in a more permanent place.

Jelly of ur drum machines n synthescizzors. Oh, and the fact that you can afford a MacBook...

Guest jasondonervan

Nice gear. Do you not find it difficult to view the MD's screen when it's sat flat like that? I've got some custom shoulders for my MD (& MnM) to give them some much needed angle adjustment. Also, I hope you pull the blinds when working - focusing on a monitor positioned near a window like that can really screw with your eyesight over time.

I tall, so the angle is ok, and I hardly ever work during the day... Night time is the right time!

I do want to get another stand like the one the virus is on, and put the MD on it, to the right of the virus.

is that the thing with the apple logo on it???

i feel like whenever i don't recognize rack equipment it ends up being really expensive compressors and what not.

I think you are probably right. The unit on the bottom looks like a Thermionic Culture Phoenix valve compressor. The number of knobs on the other units suggest to me compression as well.

'Clothes do not make the man'.

:)