IGNORED

Plaid US Tour

Ocicat

Looks like they announced a few more dates for Plaid in the US in the new year:

01/17/08 - Walt Disney Concert Hall - Los Angeles, CA (w/ Cornelius)

01/18/08 - Nectar Lounge - Seattle, WA

01/19/08 - Mezzanine - San Francisco, CA

01/31/08 - Johnny Brendas - Philadelphia, PA

02/01/08 - Knitting Factory - New York, NY

02/02/08 - Millennium Park - Chicago, IL (w/ New Millennium Orchestra)

02/02/08 - The Abbey Pub - Chicago, IL (w/ DJ Warp)

Guest Ominous

Cornelius is so annoying, and Plaid is just opening up for them... great venue though. what to do?

(i went to that Orb show, i'll never forget it!)

Cornelius is so annoying, and Plaid is just opening up for them... great venue though. what to do?

(i went to that Orb show, i'll never forget it!)

cornelius > plaid. too bad i'm leaving socal just before the show.

• 2 weeks later...
hmmm playing in Chicago in two places on the same day? Whats the deal with this?

Let's go to the pub show cuz Millenium Park is outside... I don't get it... It's Chicago in February for god's sake... Plaid & Autechre within 2 months of each other...!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest serendipity
hmmm playing in Chicago in two places on the same day? Whats the deal with this?

Let's go to the pub show cuz Millenium Park is outside... I don't get it... It's Chicago in February for god's sake... Plaid & Autechre within 2 months of each other...!

i'm guessing they will utilize some sort of covered/indoor bandstand for the millenium park show. it's way too fucking cold to pull that off in february.

• 2 weeks later...
because of our love, we tend to believe that other people care about electronic music, which they don't.

I refuse to accept this.

Anyways, I've just purchased tickets for Plaid's and Autechre's performances at the Abbey.

because of our love, we tend to believe that other people care about electronic music, which they don't.

I refuse to accept this.

Anyways, I've just purchased tickets for Plaid's and Autechre's performances at the Abbey.

so how was plaid?

I saw them in Philly.. They were okay. They only played for about an hour, it felt a little short. Everyone was looking for an encore when they went off and they came back and played one more track.

They didnt play with Cornelius, DJ Starkey opened for them did a laptop set, spun some dubstep which was nice hearing live, but he kept mixing in vocals over top of them which i didnt dig. I like my dubstep without pop vocals. But yeahhh thats about it, it was a pretty goood show all in all.

Archived