IGNORED

bibio - hand cranked

Guest 10010

Follow-up to his debut album Fi. More found sound meets meloncholy melody.

1. The Cranking House

2. Cherry Go Round

3. Quantock

4. Black Country Blues

5. Marram

6. Aberriw

7. Zooprakiphone

8. Dyfi

9. Ffwrnais

10. Woodington

11. Above the Rooftop

12. Snowbow

13. Maroon Lagoon

14. Overgrown

:angel:

whoa, awesomeness! i have 'fi' on vinyl, great stuff. there's a lot of good albums coming out this spring ...

oh!

That avatar blows mine out of the water. I'll have to fix you, man. Just watch if I don't!

:wink2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i guess its been pushed back a bit... not sure tho.

but here is the cover :

MH244_AFf.jpg

and (current) tracklisting :

1. THE CRANKING HOUSE

2. CHERRY GO ROUND

3. QUANTOCK

4. BLACK COUNTRY BLUE

5. MARRAM

6. ABERRIW

7. ZOOPRAKIPHONE

8. DYFI

9. FFWRNAIS

10. WOODINGTON

11. ABOVE THE ROOFTOPS

12. SNOWBOW

and more info :

Following the success of his debut album, fi, Wolverhampton, England's Stephen Wilkinson, aka Bibio, has assembled Hand Cranked, a fourteen track collection of idyllic found sound and lazy Sunday musical ramblings. The release maintains a stylistic bond with his debut, again focusing on his love for saturated guitars, warbling effects, and natural beauty, although this time with a slightly more whimsical feel. An increased confidence is also evident, both in the increased virtuosity of Bibio's guitar playing and with his first appearance as a vocalist on the track, "Abberiw." With his first two albums, Bibio has established himself as an exciting new talent, and Mush is proud to provide him an outlet for his work.

and :excl:

Guest ambodino mutuumbooo

I just checked amazon.ca and they say that it's gonna be out on march 7th, just like the mush site...you can preorder it.

it's no boomkat, but still !

Edited by ambodino mutuumbooo

I think it has been pushed back to March 13, but I still see March 7th on a few sites.

Either way it'll be out soon, get on it Boomkat!

Guest Magic Cassette

according to a friend who works at a label that Bibio sent demos for Fi to before Mush released it, this is simply a collection of material that didn't make it onto Fi.

while i'm sure it will be lush for fans of the first album (myself), you are all cautioned to expect more of the same. :cool:

Guest Magic Cassette

yeah, same here. just thought it would be an interesting light to put these recordings in.

Guest endangered betche

I just picked this up yesterday, and ...

while i'm sure it will be lush for fans of the first album (myself), you are all cautioned to expect more of the same.

It is very like Fi, except all the songs seem to have cleaner production (not old or scratchy, which was done intentionally on Fi), and there's a hint more melody. The one song with vocals is innocent enough.

Basically, if you liked Fi, more of the same. There's almost one hundred minutes of Bibio out there between the two albums. Perfect relaxing music.

:ok: