IGNORED

Bibio - Ribbons

Rubin Farr

Did you at least get the plectrum included?

naw, but i didn't buy it from bleep or pre-order or whatever the dealio was with them, i bought it from a store after release

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I listened to that album a couple of times, more as a background music but some melodies are coming back in my head from time to time and it really had been a while since I had that feeling with a Bibio album.

18 hours ago, Stock said:

I listened to that album a couple of times, more as a background music but some melodies are coming back in my head from time to time and it really had been a while since I had that feeling with a Bibio album.

Same!  I hiked up a mountain last weekend, and the whole way up i had the melody from Its Your Bones repeating in my head.  That back and forth cadence of the guitar line fit perfectly in line with my stride.  And the vocal where he goes an octvave higher kept looping in my head, like being stuck in your head but in a good way.

I also had that 'Feeling' (hah) with a Mineral Love though.. where his melodies kept looping in my head.  Did you like that album too?

I already love this album. :boc:

13 hours ago, markedone said:

Same!  I hiked up a mountain last weekend, and the whole way up i had the melody from Its Your Bones repeating in my head.  That back and forth cadence of the guitar line fit perfectly in line with my stride.  And the vocal where he goes an octvave higher kept looping in my head, like being stuck in your head but in a good way.

I also had that 'Feeling' (hah) with a Mineral Love though.. where his melodies kept looping in my head.  Did you like that album too?

I already love this album. :boc:

Well in fact I'm fond of Ambivalence Avenue and my interest in Bibio's music sadly decreased with further releases : Silver Wilkinson was not that bad but never really exciting to my ears and I think I put A Mineral Love one or twice without really listening to it. It's probably time for me to revisit all those albums :music:

I gave  Vignetting the Compost a second chance recently also and it's really great - I remember not liking the album when I first purchased it, it's one of the few CDs I sold from my collection !

• 2 weeks later...

Approaching the end of my second listen to this, and it might be my favorite since Ambivalence Avenue. I skipped Phantom Brickworks as I haven't been in the mood for ambient stuff and the length is daunting. Although I've got a lot of work to do this week/weekend and need to focus so I may put it on. Anyway nice melodies here, varied just the right amount, nothing cringy like on some of the other albums since Ambivalence. 

• 4 months later...

nice live takes, ill probably look for an audio download somewhere of these to compliment the versions released for warp30 compilation.. the video is cheese but im somehow resistant to that with bibio, im just happy he keeps making great tunes.

I also just now got around to checking out his warp30 unreleased tunes mix.  Track 2 is seriously so good.. would have been standout on any album if he had decided to release it!

On 5/15/2019 at 12:26 PM, sidewinder said:

Approaching the end of my second listen to this, and it might be my favorite since Ambivalence Avenue. I skipped Phantom Brickworks as I haven't been in the mood for ambient stuff and the length is daunting. Although I've got a lot of work to do this week/weekend and need to focus so I may put it on. Anyway nice melodies here, varied just the right amount, nothing cringy like on some of the other albums since Ambivalence. 

Just wanted to step back in here after a couple more listens. It's still an enjoyable album to me, but... I can't help but feel like it's just the same 3 or 4 songs played over and over. Beautiful background music but varied enough to be truly engaging.

Archived