IGNORED

bibio - hand cranked

Guest 10010

Big fan of Hand Cranked (and Fi) but I'll take this opportunity to once again voice my extreme desire for a Vignetting the Compost repress. I like Ambivalence Avenue well enough also, but Vignetting just resonates with me. 

Some day! It's between VTC and Orbus Terrarum by The Orb for "#1 vinyl repress I regularly complain about wanting". Give me what I want!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Big fan of Hand Cranked (and Fi) but I'll take this opportunity to once again voice my extreme desire for a Vignetting the Compost repress. I like Ambivalence Avenue well enough also, but Vignetting just resonates with me. 

Some day! It's between VTC and Orbus Terrarum by The Orb for "#1 vinyl repress I regularly complain about wanting". Give me what I want!

Im sure itll come (next probably).  Mush records put out both hand cranked as well as vignetting so looks like warp picked up the rights to his back catalogue.  Vignetting also never had a vinyl issue, so im sure youre not the only one who wants a copy.

Hand cranked is just barely my favorite because it is a bit more abstract and a more consistent sound bath.

But i also love Vignetting.. I have some veeeeeerrrry fond memories of listening to The Ephemeral Bluebell with friends - parked by the ocean at night - windows open - getting high before going on a walk.  That song is absolute perfection of the technique of overlaying forwards and backwards looped guitar.

Edited by markedone

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2020 at 10:48 AM, Friendly Stranger said:

Vignetting the Compost test pressing posted by Bibio today.  Its coming ?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIF190OB1Bk/

and all 5 are amazing.. im hopelessly obsessed with his material from this era, it wears its influences on its sleeve but also nothing else quite sounds like it.

That reminds me.. I dont think I ever downloaded his mix of unreleased tracks for warp30 (a k a wxaxrxp).. I remember it being super good but can no longer find it streaming.. this one>https://www.nts.live/shows/wxaxrxp/episodes/bibio-wxaxrxp-unreleased-tracks-mix-23rd-june-2019

Edited by markedone
  • Like 1