IGNORED

Bibio - Ribbons

Rubin Farr

https://bleep.com/release/123827-bibio-ribbons?territory=ww&utm_source=warp_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=warp299&utm_term=warp_bot&utm_content=ribbons_announce&utm_source=Warp&utm_campaign=9d2b9d2340-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_11_23_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3d39485b46-9d2b9d2340-85478809

image.jpg

1. Beret Girl
2. The Art Of Living
3. Before
4. Curls
5. Ode To A Nuthatch
6. Watch The Flies
7. It's Your Bones
8. You Couldn't Even Hear The Birds Singing
9. Pretty Ribbons And Lovely Flowers
10. Erdaydidder-Erdiddar
11. Frankincense And Coal
12. Old Graffiti
13. Patchouli May
14. Valley Wulf
15. Quarters
16. Under A Lone Ash

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so excited for this :catsalute:  wonder if it has a bunch of unreleased songs on it that were on his instagram page like two years back, they're gone now and I didn't save them:( if anyone has them please hmu!  

Real excited, I like this Bibio.

When are we getting a Vignetting the Compost repress?!?!?

Agreed and agreed.  Warp should pick up and repress Hand Cranked while at it, great albums.

The track titles on tihs one almost sound predictable to the point of being auto-generated, especially Ode to a Nuthatch, Pretty Ribbons and Lovely Flowers.  But hey, he's been spending time out in the countryside.  If it keeps him making great music bring it on :)

guessing the album trailer is fake false advertising, and is more just an intro to a song that will later include singing. 

cunning and deceptive way to cater to both the fans of new material + fans wanting ambient instrumental material inline with his early albums. warp up to their old tricks again trying to screw fans over for maximum profit. 

bad bad bad.

Fuggin pissed I missed out on that fabric sleeve vinyl.

But yeah looking forward to this! Didn't think much of Curls on first listen, seemed too Bibio-by-numbers, but it quickly grew on me. Actually a very pleasant tune lol. I feel the rest of the album will be more of the same.

i enjoyed the last bibio album, the ambient one. 

i think i completely skipped A Mineral Love though because i heard one of the sample tracks and it was a funk track and i had the same reaction of 'arghh too much bibio'. time has passed now though and i'm in the mood for more bibio i think :-)

i think i completely skipped A Mineral Love though because i heard one of the sample tracks and it was a funk track and i had the same reaction of 'arghh too much bibio'. time has passed now though and i'm in the mood for more bibio i think :-)

Yeah Phantom Brickworks was excellent. I thought A Mineral Love was decent but nowhere near as good as Silver Wilkinson. The recent EPs were a bit hit and miss, imo.

Damn, I forget how much stuff Bibio has released in the last few years.

More hippy dippy studenty rubbish..will never listen to Bibio again..hes churned out so much lacklustre mush in the last few years its hard to understand who his fanbase is. Girly free thinking bohemian men?

If anyone who bought the Ltd to 50 copies version and don't like it when it comes out. I will buy it off you

This is the fabric cover? Who was selling these?

Yeah, I didn't see that anywhere! I would have jumped on that depending on the price. I'm a sucker for useless ltd stuff.

It was on bibio's bleepstore, not bleep itself. I got an email from him at 956am, and after I grabbed one I checked again at ~10:25 and they were sold out, so it was fast.  Phantom Brickworks I & II's limited editions were only available from his store, so I had a feeling it'd be the same thing again. He had posted a few times in the weeks prior saying you should sign up to his mailing list for notifications of upcoming special editions. 

edit - if anyone's curious, the limited version was $40.  And if you are in the US and bought one, if it's anything like the last time where i had to pay $20 for tracked shipping on bibio's bleepstore, they won't ship it tracked so you can email them asking for a shipping refund once it ships. 

More hippy dippy studenty rubbish..will never listen to Bibio again..hes churned out so much lacklustre mush in the last few years its hard to understand who his fanbase is. Girly free thinking bohemian men?

if you reeeeally had to post your opinion, there are ways to do it without being a total asshat

i think i completely skipped A Mineral Love though because i heard one of the sample tracks and it was a funk track and i had the same reaction of 'arghh too much bibio'. time has passed now though and i'm in the mood for more bibio i think :-)

Yeah Phantom Brickworks was excellent. I thought A Mineral Love was decent but nowhere near as good as Silver Wilkinson. The recent EPs were a bit hit and miss, imo.

Damn, I forget how much stuff Bibio has released in the last few years.

a mineral love grew on me a lot more than silver wilkinson.  more laid back on the whole, super good vibe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived