IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sprigg

ugh...what a great series that once was....really sad....next on my list is the HD remakes of 2 and 3, pinnacles of the horror genre IMHO.

so im at lvl 14 in Skyrim and Ive only been on about 3 or 4 quests...this is p[retty epic...ive noticed that my magic does almost nothing against enemies which sorta pisses me off....is Destruction magic worth investing in? also, smithing seems more aggravating to me than interesting.

also, the music that plays in Whiterun at night is absolutely beautiful...its like a classical version of some Sigur Ros song.

Smithing and enchanting, while repetitive, can make insanely overpowered weapons and armour and can be a very good source of gold.

Opinions on destruction range from 'it's useless' to 'it's okay.' After around level 10, unless you use destruction as your only form of attack, everything else, outclasses it quickly. It's great if you have the patience to get 100 enchanting and make some gear that makes your cast cost 0% for it, but even then it's kinda meh compared to melee or archery.

The bit that blew my mind in Oblivion was walking out of the mine into the world for the first time. A game had never been so grandiose before that point.

yep, that is one of the real 'BAM!' moments in gaming for me along with exiting the vault in FO3 and your eyes adjusting to the glare and seeing this dirty murky wasteland as far as the eye can see. people give the gamebryo engine a lot of shit but when it's not the weird freaky character models, it can be astonishingly good.

It's good huh ?! And the ending 'chapter' is a thing of pure atmospheric audio-visual grace only recently bettered (well, equalled) by the closing chapter of Journey.

Guest moonchild

tales of symphonia

Really? I love the tales games and that one is one of my favorites! First one I played... Have you played it before or are you just picking it up?

Guest ansgaria

It's good huh ?! And the ending 'chapter' is a thing of pure atmospheric audio-visual grace only recently bettered (well, equalled) by the closing chapter of Journey.

Colour me intrigued.

5tFO4.jpg

*masturbates furiously*

That must be a PC version of Dark Souls!

What are the chances of a Mac version? Oh one can dream.

I live and breathe games like Limbo but you know what, I'm still stuck on that game. I can't even remember the bit I'm stuck at but it utterly perplexed me... maybe I need to go back and look at it with fresh eyes.

Guest AcrossCanyons

tales of symphonia

Really? I love the tales games and that one is one of my favorites! First one I played... Have you played it before or are you just picking it up?

i've played it a few times before. don't think i've finished it before tho, got to the final boss and finished there. it's an amazing game, i love the series but have only played this and vesperia (possibly my favourite game ever). they don't get to the UK much by the looks of it. is graces getting a uk release? i hope so.

ahhh just checked the wiki and only f is in the us, so even if we got it over here it'd probably be the f version and i don't have a ps3.

I live and breathe games like Limbo but you know what, I'm still stuck on that game. I can't even remember the bit I'm stuck at but it utterly perplexed me... maybe I need to go back and look at it with fresh eyes.

Are you stuck at the magnet puzzle?

I think so. It's been a while since I've played it, but I think there's a bit of rotation when you move to get to a high ledge... and I'm pretty sure there's a magnet. Some electricity when it kicks in I seem to recall?

I think so. It's been a while since I've played it, but I think there's a bit of rotation when you move to get to a high ledge... and I'm pretty sure there's a magnet. Some electricity when it kicks in I seem to recall?

If it's the puzzle I'm thinking of (and I'm pretty sure it is because everyone seemed to have problems with it back when Limbo came out) then it's all about timing. It's a bastard.

If it's the puzzle I'm thinking of (and I'm pretty sure it is because everyone seemed to have problems with it back when Limbo came out) then it's all about timing. It's a bastard.

Aye, had me going for a while too: Remember gravity and magnetism make things rise and fall at different speeds.

Guest disparaissant

my girlfriend gave me her old DS and a copy of pokemon heartgold so we can play pokemon together which is PRETTY GAY but thats cool

so i also went out and got GTA: Chinatown Wars and the Adventures of Henry Hatsworth and wheee i like the DS. she has a 3ds and i can see why no one likes them lol.

i must really suck at Skyrim. Im lvl 19 already, only done about 3 or 4 quests...built my smithing up to use elven light armor and usually sneak around with a bow, turn and use a one-armed weapon if i get found out.

Im doing a quest against the Silver Hand (where you have to raid a small fort), and everytime three or four of them jump out, im dead within a couple of hits....wtf am I doing wrong?

also, is it just me or are healing potions insanely rare in the beginning parts of the game? ive never been able to have more than maybe 10 on me for any quest.

or wait...am I spose3d to turn into a werewolf?

also, I need to remember to use shouts...that force push shout looks like it could be damn useful in these situations.

yeah, but so far ive only found the blisterwort/wheat combination, and I can usually only buy those ingredients off of merchants...

eating everything to find out its power is a little annoying too....i lost countless amounts of ingredients via failed potions until i realized you had to do that. I was pretty badass at Oblivion, this game completely changes it up.

also, is it just me or are healing potions insanely rare in the beginning parts of the game? ive never been able to have more than maybe 10 on me for any quest.

Have you got any restoration spells - certainly in Oblivion after gaining one things got considerably easier

Guest Lindrum Larry Cocopipe

I've been playing mw3 on 360 since it came out but I've decided to go back to black ops. mw3 maps are so fucking shit!!!

Archived