IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Nice - I played the trial and I liked it but never got around to buying it. What was your job on Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet?

I was an engineer - did a bit of everything as is usually the case on small teams but mostly networking, physics, and some graphics. I also did some music for the multiplayer mode Lantern Run.

I was the lead engineer and did some more music for the DLC mode Shadow Hunters, which I highly recommend playing if you pick up the PC version since it's included. You and some friends take a bomb to the center of a procedurally generated asteroid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbHencDiTFs&feature=related

Have you by any chance seen the "Lantern Runs" the guys over at Giant Bomb have made? Great entertainment.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that looks really good - it looks like there's loads of cool little ideas throughout it. Definitely gonna have to pick that up sometime! (would the control system be a bit of a nightmare on PC I wonder - and is just it me or have there been quite a lot of issues with both the steam store (images and pages taking ages to load) and the app itself (endlessly trying to connect) )

The controls were redone for PC and are actually pretty nice. You fly around with WASD(or whatever you want to change the bindings to), and use the mouse to operate your various tools. Like with the claw, you can just click on the object you want to pick up and drag it around.

Ah good work - thanks man :beer:

Guest cult fiction

Have you by any chance seen the "Lantern Runs" the guys over at Giant Bomb have made? Great entertainment.

Yeah those were a big hit around the office, although iirc they hit some weird black screen bug that freaked us out.

I don't think many people played Lantern Run, which is a shame because it can be really fun. Judging from the leaderboard stats a lot of people that bought and played the single player never tried it. Hopefully some people will try it out on Steam.

I impulsively sold every game I own and put my xbox on craigslist yesterday.

how come that?

I don't like how much I use electronic devices and how much time i spend playing games specifically, but I don't have the self-control to just play for half an hour or so, as well as the fact that I really need some extra cash right now so I can get back into school.

I think Blighttown did it ;)

I bought Rocksmith today. Popped it in and plugged in my guitar. It's great, as I'm a noob when it comes to playing the guitar. But I made a lot of progress in a matter of only an hour or two. I'll keep at it and soon I'll be shredding like a madman. It's a ton of fun. Recommended.

I'm hoping Fez comes to PS3...

In other news, the Demon's Souls servers are going offline forever May 31st.

ep, good enough reason not to buy it then.

Guest cult fiction

With two world tendency events(black and white) in May... last chance to easily see all the tendency-locked stuff without suiciding a bunch or being super careful about beating bosses.

restarted skyrim as a new character...now im a Oldman Yojimbo looking Breton..got the Skeleton Key and now focusing on the main quest (unlike the last character i never finished).....its insane how fast you level up in this game..one of these days im gonna take time to learn how to be good with magic.

It should still be playable offline - just no world tendency or invading other people's games...

It should still be playable offline - just no world tendency or invading other people's games...

yeah, that would have been half the fun for me. is ok though.

Anyone else been playing Tribes: Ascend? It's release from open beta was officially today at 2 pm EST. I went back four pages and saw no mention of it.

It's pretty fun and is on the free-to-play model.

Anyone else been playing Tribes: Ascend? It's release from open beta was officially today at 2 pm EST. I went back four pages and saw no mention of it.

It's pretty fun and is on the free-to-play model.

I'm still playing it for about 4 hours a day. Got a beta badge yesterday +10k free xp for playing beta. Great gift from hi rez. Also bought a soldier's spinfusor for 42k and then found that there was a codes giveaway for that thing. :facepalm:

http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=234&t=67254 get it if you haven't.

I'm Groble in game

Didn't think I'd ever say this but I'm starting to get tired of quirky, whimsical platformers. AKA: Indie games...

Didn't think I'd ever say this but I'm starting to get tired of quirky, whimsical platformers. AKA: Indie games...

Yeah, I'm starting to feel the same way. Every now and then a good arcade game comes out but over the last year or so most XBLA/PSN games have relied on quirky 8-bit 'omg-remember-this-style-of-game'-game. I do like it when they mix it up though but I'm not sure Fez is the game for me anymore.

I don't know. Too many of them these days I guess? This isn't an attack on the genre, just personally if I see the same of anything all the time I tire of it. Same with grey and brown "realistic" shooters, sandbox games a few years back, blah blah, you get the point

Yeah, I'm starting to feel the same way. Every now and then a good arcade game comes out but over the last year or so most XBLA/PSN games have relied on quirky 8-bit 'omg-remember-this-style-of-game'-game. I do like it when they mix it up though but I'm not sure Fez is the game for me anymore.

Yeah man. I think Fez is what made me realise. Seeing people getting all gushy over it and myself just feeling indifference got me thinking. Oversaturation!

This is the problem when the 'indie' scene becomes such a success that developers see it as a potential cash cow rather than a great way to break from traditional 'mainstream' gaming (apologies for the use of the tired old ''s)

Luckily though there's still things out there that aren't just quaint platform games but drawn with crayons (aren't we kitch!):

(currently unreleased)

(with a new version - Fract OSC coming in the future)

EDIT: But yeah, agreed saturation ....

Archived