IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish there was a demo for Dark Souls.

Still in Skyrim myself. Now the missus started it as well, so it's been pretty pathetic in our house as of late regarding our conversation.

OH ARE YOU IN MARKARTH?

YEAH

OH COOL THERES A LOT OF DARK ASS SHIT HAPPENING IN THAT CITY

INDEED!

So that just leaves me to get over the gross feeling I get from paying EA anything, lol

I've never played the Mass Effect games, and it seems like, I dunno, the thing to do these days.

Buy it, but buy a second-hand copy. Fuck EA and their shit.

EA and other companies have been combating used game sales with forcing users to purchase a 10USD "online pass" if you want to play the online portion of their game. I think that's shitty because they already made a sale off the game itself, and so what if people are waiting to buy it used? best thing to do is price the games more competitively, and nobody will bother with used games anymore.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

I'm not sure what you're getting at?

There's a time limit on everything which I can't stand. I hate games that rush you.

yeah mass zombie slaughter is supossed to be fun but I can't enjoy because I have to get over there and then I have to get the kid some medicine and fuck this. way too stressful and that misses the point of games completely

So that just leaves me to get over the gross feeling I get from paying EA anything, lol

I've never played the Mass Effect games, and it seems like, I dunno, the thing to do these days.

Buy it, but buy a second-hand copy. Fuck EA and their shit.

EA and other companies have been combating used game sales with forcing users to purchase a 10USD "online pass" if you want to play the online portion of their game. I think that's shitty because they already made a sale off the game itself, and so what if people are waiting to buy it used? best thing to do is price the games more competitively, and nobody will bother with used games anymore.

yup. i think people should boycott any company trying to make money off used games. send a message that the consumer has the power not the company. I paid $60 brand new and I wanna sell it for $30 a few weeks later. the company still made $60. be grateful to your customers not punish them. the worst thing is how blatant it is. there is no other reason except to stop people buying used games.

the best way to stop people selling used games is to only do downloadable games but i don't think consoles HDs are quite there yet.

And apparently these anti-used-game tactics are only gonna get worse. Rumours are going around that the next gen consoles are gonna have methods to prevent used games from working in a second unit. I really hope these rumours are false.

Guest Sprigg

And apparently these anti-used-game tactics are only gonna get worse. Rumours are going around that the next gen consoles are gonna have methods to prevent used games from working in a second unit. I really hope these rumours are false.

There have also been rumours that the next consoles could be download-only and require a constant connection.

Guest DotRR

Final Fight Double Impact on PSN is great fun! Anyone buy and play SFxT?? I hesistant cause I heard the online ain't great...

There have also been rumours that the next consoles could be download-only and require a constant connection.

yeah the download-only is good for everyone except used game buyers. BUT the price could drop if the game companies are decent human beings...yeah no chance.

yeah the download-only is good for everyone except used game buyers. BUT the price could drop if the game companies are decent human beings...yeah no chance.

So far there hasn't been much of a gulf between downloadable versus physical game prices... in fact, that's even more profit for the game developers since there's no manufacturing costs involved with a download, and beyond what they pay Sony/Microsoft for hosting it in their respective stores, I can't see that being more than what they offer retailers for it wholesale.

A persistently on game console isn't a bad thing, and if you think about it - your PC is persistently connected to the internet, so why not your game console? That could make games and updates easier to deliver, and possibly prevent piracy.

Guest Enter a new display name

apparently the Silent Hill HD Collection is a POS....anyone have it? This is infuriating.

On PS3, yeah. The framerate fucks up every minute and people complain about the "different fog" in the third game. A patch was supposed to fix the framerate problem but it didn't change anything.

Yeah the new fog means you can pretty much see the end areas of the game world, completely breaking the illusion of the environment. See for comparison (PS3 on left, original PS2 version on right) -

zV6Fp_620x.jpg.jpg

Guest Pennywise

lol, that's retarded. They don't give a fuck, its all about reselling it. Playstation sucks and i've fucking got one :facepalm:

Yeah the new fog means you can pretty much see the end areas of the game world, completely breaking the illusion of the environment. See for comparison (PS3 on left, original PS2 version on right) -

zV6Fp_620x.jpg.jpg

HA!

Guest cult fiction

The best Silent Hill "HD" versions are the PC versions, which are actually half decent ports.

Don't waste your money on the PS3 HD collection, just get your hands on the PC ports.

Archived