IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pennywise

Left for dead 2 is so good. I think It's the gibbing that makes the game so fun. I'm gonna stick to Valve's releases like fly's around shit.

i finished half life 2 the other day in 10 hours. its changed my life.

nothing quite touches HL2

i agree half life 2 is the best game in the universe

your first time with HL2 is something special gaming-wise - it opens your eyes to what can be achieved with a good story and an original concept

it proves you don't need a gfx card with a gig of ram. it runs acceptably on my kid's laptop with crappy integrated intel graphics

my friend recently got a job reviewing video games for a living, and because he can do it from anywhere, he moved to canada for the lulz

the lucky shit

bioshock2.png

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

ohh noes Global Agenda might continue to effect my musical productivity for a whilez, very fun, very addictive, fucking quality MMO furealz

persona4coverhires.jpg

i love persona 4 so much. definitely the best rpg i've played in years... actually, one of the best games overall that i've played in years.. i was sad that it ended. i guess i did just about everything there was to do on the first playthrough..

Guest Ultravisitor

currently playing ogame, whilst waiting for my friends copy of mass effect 1 to come through in the post. i made it about 3/4 the way through it a year or so ago and i should really finish it before i go onto mass effect 2.

anyway, ogame is pretty cool. i can play it whilst doing stuff because its so slow. just build, build, build.

and still waiting for rome total war to come out on mac.

Here's a question for him "Why bother making a sequel to a game that stands perfectly well on its own?"

that game never really excited me for some reason,, the graphics were amazing, of course (on PC it's quite good) but, it seemed almost more linear than something like Doom 3. there needs to be some other aspect to make the game more dynamic, like driving a submarine to other buildings , etc.

Here's a question for him "Why bother making a sequel to a game that stands perfectly well on its own?"

that game never really excited me for some reason,, the graphics were amazing, of course (on PC it's quite good) but, it seemed almost more linear than something like Doom 3. there needs to be some other aspect to make the game more dynamic, like driving a submarine to other buildings , etc.

I don't know, I kind of think that it would take some of the atmosphere away from being 'some guy'. I liked Bioshock, it had a great atmosphere and at some points it was genius. Otherwise it was just a good game, wasn't mindblowing I don't think. But when it ended, it ended. It didn't warrant a sequel, but Kaini is absolutely right and I find that depressing.

Guest AcrossCanyons

It's going to be Rapture through the eyes of somebody from the inside this time, as opposed to somebody on the outside (like before), which I find really interesting. I'm looking forward to a new story. The world that the developers created is amazing and I want to know and see and experience more of it, which I think the sequel will show us. I'm psyched as hell for it.

New story + new characters + new insight + multiplayer (which has it's own characters and story/ies) + improvements from the first warrants a new game I think. I don't think it'll be a lazy cash in.

Ya, I also think it will be interesting playing from the aspect of someone on the inside. You'll get to see more of the back story of rapture, and let's be honest: you get to be a Big fucking Daddy! That should be some sweet shit. IDK though, time will tell. I'm certainly hoping it lives up to the possibilities

Ya, I also think it will be interesting playing from the aspect of someone on the inside. You'll get to see more of the back story of rapture, and let's be honest: you get to be a Big fucking Daddy! That should be some sweet shit. IDK though, time will tell. I'm certainly hoping it lives up to the possibilities

I don't know why, but I'm really unenthused about being a big daddy.

I dunno, I could be wrong! I haven't played it, it could be amazing. I guess I just tire of sequels these days. I like new IP in general.

I dunno, I could be wrong! I haven't played it, it could be amazing. I guess I just tire of sequels these days. I like new IP in general.

word...i dont know anything really about Bioshock 2, but im wary of playing something that was displayed as horribly lumberingly slow, rather than jumping around launching grenades and mines at everything.

word...i dont know anything really about Bioshock 2, but im wary of playing something that was displayed as horribly lumberingly slow, rather than jumping around launching grenades and mines at everything.

From what i read you are actually a prototype BD, so you're faster... IDK how true that is, still looking forward to this.

BTW I just pre-ordered Bad Company 2 so i could play the beta but i can't connect...

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Aliens vs. Predator multiplayer demo hits XBL, PSN, Steam tomorrow!

OMGzors im downloading it right now, I just finally played the multiplayer patch for the original early today, the gameplay is still extremely fun

Guest AcrossCanyons

From what i read you are actually a prototype BD, so you're faster... IDK how true that is, still looking forward to this.

You're the first big daddy ever made, from what I'm aware (prototype).

Besides big daddys arent so slow when you attack them.

Aliens vs. Predator multiplayer demo hits XBL, PSN, Steam tomorrow!

OMGzors im downloading it right now, I just finally played the multiplayer patch for the original early today, the gameplay is still extremely fun

OOMUXIRZ teh new AvPs is fucking wiiiicked, once you get all the species down its like the coolest shit ever, I was just hoping they would do the first AvPs MP justice, its all that and a bag of chipz

i got a best buy gift cert...so im waiting for the confirmation that its good, and then im buyin it.

bioshock 1 was excellent...enjoyed it fully....i want to replay it and get the trophies for not dying...but apparently i am not taht good at that game.

Well, I went on Tuesday to pick up White Knight Chronicles (International Edition, lol) for the PS3, and Lamestop said it was "shipping" that day, but would actually arrive Wednesday. So much for "date and day" on videogames.

T'was a good thing though - I read some reviews of it yesterday, and overall I get the impression that while it's all right, the huge amount of time it took to come out, then be localized into English and other languages leaves it a bit dated. Had this come out in the first year of the PS3's arrival, it would have been a great first-generation game. Unfortunately, it's flaws are enough for me to pass on it even though I was really looking forward to it.

In fact, Metacritic's current overall score is 65, so I am glad I passed on it - not to say a game ranked 65 is always bad, but something as big as an RPG should garner a higher score, IMO.

In addition to the AvP demo, the PS3 also gets the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer demo today as well - I cannot fucking wait, as while I like CoD, I always preferred the depth the Battlefield series offered. We didn't get in the closed multiplayer beta when it was offered back in November/December, so my son and I are stoked it's an open demo/beta now.

i downloaded the bc2 demo and i couldnt see anything there is no AA and it's like a blizzard of pixels and jagged edges, it looks like a PS2 game. i am still playing mw2 10th prestige level 59

Archived