IGNORED

U2 samples Aphex Twin

MadnessR

The eighth track, "FEZ — Being Born" is perhaps most obviously experimental in nature. The song starts as if mashing up the percussion from Massive Attack's classic "Teardrop" with a piece from Aphex Twin's "Selected Ambient Works, Vol. 2," then adds airy female vocals, turning this into a 2009 trip-hop version of the first half of "The Great Gig in the Sky." Bono's voice echoes — as if shouting from the back door to another version of himself in the front room — "Let me hear the sound."

let me state my not well elaborated opinion: fuck, it

jesus, can't people discern the difference between someone saying "the song starts as if mashing up the beats from" etc... and not "the song starts by mashing up the beats from"

the former intoning that the beats etc are not from the tracks stated, they just sound as if they could be (ie they sound similar in style). that's it. end of story. end of thread hopefully too.

Guest Wall Bird

Can we please stop talking about U2 now? Let's all back out of the thread slowly and forget they exist.

Guest grinningcat
Bono’s voice echoes — as if shouting from the back door to another version of himself in the front room — “Let me hear the sound.”

prick

fucking author of that article pisses me off more than bono. Teardrop from massive attack? probably the only tune he's heard off that album and since when was either mezzanine or saw 2 experimental? experimenting with what? shit that's been done years ago... cocksucker.

what makes these pricks think they're qualified to write about music?

edit. oh it's a student paper... still

Archived