IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

I'm Alan Partridge Season 1 - 5/10

I was really disappointed with this show because I love Steve Coogan. Didn't realize before renting this that it had a laugh track and that really took me out of the show. The only shows with laugh tracks that work are filmed in front of a live studio audience.

this program is incredible as far as im concerned. it makes me hurt with laughter.

I can't say I didn't like Coogan in it but just wasn't exactly what I expected. If anyone has seen The Larry Sanders Show, I thought it would be like that. If you haven't seen The Larry Sanders Show it's basically a mockumentary about a television talk show host. I also think since I'm not British I was missing quite a good deal of the jokes. I could tell when there was a joke because of the laugh track but not have any context for it.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it was shot live in front of an audience

I should say that I was watching 'I'm Alan Partridge - Season 1' and that show, at least, was not shot live in front of an audience.

Just watched 'Too Tired to Die' 4/10

it was shot live in front of an audience

I should say that I was watching 'I'm Alan Partridge - Season 1' and that show, at least, was not shot live in front of an audience.

Interesting fact which I thought was amazing is that the Linton lobby was a set, I was convinced it was an actual hotel lobby. The lighting through the door is perfect. I fucking love Alan Partridge. Even as someone who is usually put off by a laugh track, it's a wicked show.

Primer sounds quality also, going to check that out for sure.

Guest Mirezzi

The most impressive thing about Primer was how well the project turned out on such a non-existent budget.

It was enjoyable, but WATMM has a Primer cock buried in its collective ass. It wasn't that fucking good, jesus.

Oh and P.S. - Valkyrie sucked. Stick to cartoon movies, Singer.

Plus it has actual cinematography.

yeah i guess renting a 16mm film camera and cleaning it up on the computer to make it resemble a 30mm professional movie print shows just how shitty of a cinematographer he is

Guest analogue wings
Plus it has actual cinematography.

yeah i guess renting a 16mm film camera and cleaning it up on the computer to make it resemble a 30mm professional movie print shows just how shitty of a cinematographer he is

i wasn't knocking primer - i like primer. i just like that timecrimes has some pretty shots of trees and stuff as well as cool geeky time travel

one of the most captivating aspects of the ovie CHUD for me is that 2 actors who later starred in Home Alone were main characters in it.

Daniel Stern and the guy who plays the dad, this is the first movie i ever saw them in

Guest Stoppit

I've got Primer on dvd, but i've only watched it once...need to see it again

and I'm Alan Partridge is brilliant

I suggested Timecrimes to somebody who like Primer because it tells a similar kind of story but in a way more "cinematic" way. It's a slightly simpler take on the story with more emphasis on the characters and what they want and why they want it. Plus it has actual cinematography.

plus it's stupid lol

Archived