IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Adjective

so what else did nick cave score i might as well follow this trend i started without knowing

actually tonight i have badlands. not sure what to expect. probably long held beautiful shots of murder and bad voiceover

I love Badlands and its voiceovers

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sherlock Holmes - 7.5/10

really? what pushed it over a 7 for you?

I give it a generous 7, it was a bit pedestrian in its story and Robert Downey jr. was not a good choice for the lead in this case. I did like that they showed the Holmes that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle would have imagined though, barring the love interest (Holmes was always portrayed as almost inhuman in his lack of emotion by Doyle).

Pan's Labyrinth 4/10

I was really disappointing

Don't be so hard on yourself...

Anyway, I watched The Chaser and what a fantastic debut movie! Anyone who is interested in Korean movies should immediately buy this movie. Korean brutality at its best.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

saw 500 days of summer again and now i'm really confused as to how I (or anybody) ever thought zooey whatsit was cute. jeez

Guest Al Hounos

Failan - (another) Korean movie... An old washed-up thug gets into an arranged marriage with a Chinese refugee and ends up falling in love without ever meeting her. A little slow at first (i actually watched it in two sittings even though it's only 2 hours) but the last 45 mins was really powerful. The story between him and the girl was the focus, but the relationship between him and his younger thug friend was moving as well.

8.5/10

Dr. Strangelove - 9/10 - fan tas tic! i saw this for the first time, haha!

I recently bought this! Think this weekend it'll get watched :)

What about Bob? - 7/10

Hahaha, Richard Dreyfus is unbelievable funny in this movie! I always shit my pants laughing when he yells "GET OUT OF THE CAR!!"

i fucking love that movie. 10/10.

Sherlock Holmes - 7.5/10

I give it a generous 7, it was a bit pedestrian in its story and Robert Downey jr. was not a good choice for the lead in this case. I did like that they showed the Holmes that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle would have imagined though, barring the love interest (Holmes was always portrayed as almost inhuman in his lack of emotion by Doyle).

I've been trying to inflate some of my ratings because I feel like I'm always too negative. I genuinely had fun watching it though.

World's Greatest Dad - 3/10

Really really bad.

tekkon kinkreet - 128²⁶/10

is that it?

Sherlock Holmes - 7.5/10

I've been trying to inflate some of my ratings because I feel like I'm always too negative. I genuinely had fun watching it though.

fair enough. it was enjoyable i suppose.

World's Greatest Dad - 3/10

Really really bad.

I agree with that one... it felt too much like a Todd Solondz film though with all the substance filtered out.

word, the fuck all these boring white people doing in my movie.

edit: about the last king of scotland.

Archived