A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

i am dissapoint Overlook you put Millers Crossing in your top 10, wtf

Do I really have to defend Miller's Crossing? :braindance:

Hell comes to Frogtown - Awesome, Roddy Piper is yet to let me down (perhaps because I have only seen two films where he stars).

I'm not sure why I decided to watch Nights of Cabiria but I'm so glad I did because this movie is pure perfection. Physical comedy and social critique that makes you cry with simultaneous sadness and joy. I thought this woman looked familiar for some reason and it turns that she's channeling a sort of female Chaplin spirit on the film!

nights%20at%20cabiria.jpg

Beautiful essay by Federico Fellini himself on the Criterion site

link

if i actually said that bit of incoherence, my apologies. what i meant was that if i understand from the snickering dog emoticon you aren't fond of Barton Fink. I think you ought to give it another chance. It's like a sister movie to Millers Crossing. bit of trivia: they wrote barton fink based on their experience trying to write a period piece gangster movie. Even though a studio didn't force the genre on them like in Barton fink, they didn't realize just how hard it would be and stayed up for days at a time not writing a single line of dialogue

Guest disparaissant

had a friend visiting from canadaland, we got super drunk and watched UHF

then got super drunk again and she hadnt seen toy story 3 so we watched that

UHF gets an 8/10 for nostalgia and corniness

toy story 3 is like 9.5/10 oh man, emotional manipulation!

2001: A Space odyssey 9/10 - Long time coming, but this was the first time i have ever watched this film, great cinematography and for most of the shots i was sitting thinking "how the hell did they pull that off?"

Edit: Also with it being on Bluray it looked AMAZING

Guest Mirezzi

if i actually said that bit of incoherence, my apologies. what i meant was that if i understand from the snickering dog emoticon you aren't fond of Barton Fink. I think you ought to give it another chance. It's like a sister movie to Millers Crossing. bit of trivia: they wrote barton fink based on their experience trying to write a period piece gangster movie. Even though a studio didn't force the genre on them like in Barton fink, they didn't realize just how hard it would be and stayed up for days at a time not writing a single line of dialogue

Oh, lol. My snickering dog was like incredulous disbelief / bombastic sarcasm. I.e. Barton Fink is fucking sublime.

Bronson - 8/10

Wow. Tom Hardy is brilliant! Lovely little film. I lost a bit of interest in it near the end but that's the only negative thing I have to say about it.

Guest Mirezzi

Bronson - 8/10

Wow. Tom Hardy is brilliant! Lovely little film. I lost a bit of interest in it near the end but that's the only negative thing I have to say about it.

Yeah, I actually prefer it to Chopper, which I realize is probably blasphemy to most film nerds. Bronson is a much more interesting personality to me and Hardy's performance was every bit the quality of Bana's.

Guest couch

I just watched Frozen. About 3 people trapped on a ski lift. I'd say 5/10

It was alright. I like the plot and events and the suspense. But there's something about it that just left me feeling meh.

Oh was I supposed to pick a new movie?

I just watched Frozen. About 3 people trapped on a ski lift. I'd say 5/10

It was alright. I like the plot and events and the suspense. But there's something about it that just left me feeling meh.

Oh was I supposed to pick a new movie?

wolves will fuck you up

Guest Mirezzi

Green lantern 3/10

Truly horrible. I kinda quietly cheer for Ryan Reynolds because he strikes me as being a nice guy, but the chemistry between he and Lively was non-existent. The script had a lot to do with that, but at some point, you gotta look interested, Ryan! Maybe that's what ended his gig with SJ.

Archived