IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

went back and watch shaun of the dead. 10/10 classic. then went back even more and watched spaced. much better. A*/10 maybe asylum is even better as its earlier still..anyone seen? and what happened to jessica stevenson, she wrote spaced then disappeared except for a bit part in shaunofthedead...?

5422063089530530.jpg

3128.jpg

You can't even write fanfic like that.

edit: I know because I've tried.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think she got married and had kids and left it all behind or something stupid like that

not quite. she's done lots of tv like doctor who, the royle family and she's about to be in 'the hour' with 'the wire' guy. she was in son of rambow, burke & hare and more recently, a harry potter film i think.

i also have a soft spot (and hard penis) for her.

Guest Glass Plate

Just saw Our Idiot Brother, Paul Rudd's good, basically a more contemporary Big Libowski type guy, good portrayals of various types of hipsters. A lot of it sucks, some funny parts.

Is a Thor BR rip floating around right now? I watched a telesync version of it and i was actually surprised how much of it worked for me. It's the only one of the Marvel films i've seen that i would gladly re-watch

yes, there's a BR rip.

Walk the Line

loved it, overdramatic at times, but a good, sensitive portrait. I hope it's as true to the story as is claimed because it's a good one. Great look, good writing, good acting & singing, just a very impressive production. 8.5/10

The-Baader-b.jpg

Der Baader Meinhof Komplex (Uli Edel)

I couldn't understand why this gorgeous woman was getting so angry about Vietnam, Israel and the USA but then I realized there was a time when cool, articulate, young beautiful people were hardcore revolutionaries?! In my experience this kind of talk tells people that you are are a resented loser that probably can't get a good job at a bank / advertising agency but I guess people nowadays are into businessmen like Steve Jobs or whatever. So yeah the movie, it's very intense, high paced, modern Spielberg like and since this is my first encounter with the RAF story I can't comment on the historical accuracy but it felt balanced even if some characters seemed a bit contrived and the action schematic (Spielberg again). The kidnapping of quote wikipedia 'head of the employers association in West Germany and a former SS lieutenant' Hanns-Martin Schleyer is the most electrifying thing I have seen all year. Highest possible recommendation.

Providence (Alain Resnais)

Just learned what good male acting actually looks like with this awesome Dirk Bogarde performance. Interesting story with unreliable narrator, incredible interiors and cool disorienting details.

attack the block - 8/10

a film about a group of young british social activists fending off an alien invasion. very tight direction, dialogue and acting, reminiscent of shaun of the dead. fun stuff.

Rise of the Planet of The Apes (Rupert Wyatt)

wrinkled James Franco looks better than ever and Cesar's revolution cool as fuck. Watch or die.

I bet no one expected that this movie would be pretty fucking decent. At least I know I didn't...

Guest bitroast

The Castle

ebit_the_castle.jpg

10/10. Watched this again, and it really is one of my favourite films. It's an Australian comedy film that's just ridiculously nice and heart-warming from start to end. Relentlessly funny. Recommended.

The Castle

ebit_the_castle.jpg

10/10. Watched this again, and it really is one of my favourite films. It's an Australian comedy film that's just ridiculously nice and heart-warming from start to end. Relentlessly funny. Recommended.

yeah it's just the general vibe of the movie that really makes me love it. :emotawesomepm9:

Archived