IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

it's a shame this movie is at 31% and a pile of dog shit like Paranormal Activity 3 is at 71%

Paranormal Activity 3 - 7/10

I love demons.

I love vhs.

and I love witches.

It has the right amount of all three.

The most ridiculous part of the film resolves into a classic horror film scene.

The babysitter scene.

I am seeing the new 'The Thing' tomorrow because you enjoyed it Awepittance.

I am about to watch the John Carpenter film.

I love Halloween.

yay! :diablo::emotawesomepm9::crazy:

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hesher - 6/10

Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1978 - 9/10

How to Lose Friends and Alienate People - 3/10

The Lookout - 10/10

American Loser - 2/10

The Thing 2011 - 8/10

Flash Gordon - 9/10

Red State - 5/10

Guest viscosity

went on a Von Trier binge and saw Element of Crime, Epidemic, Europa, Manderlay, and the Boss of it All

Europa is definitely worth watching even though it's very hard to follow.

Manderlay was good and actually comprehensible.

Epidemic was interesting just to see him act

Boss of it All was funny with some awkward humor. also interesting to see VonTrier's ideas bleed into his films. with all the controversy over him being a nazi sympathiser, it's important to note a specific line in the film that I felt solidified this notion, "Idea is God, even Hitler." perhaps a poor translation of the Danish original, but the idea is still there

super 8

seems this film has gotten a lot of hate in this thread but i loved it, reminded me of 80's films like goonies / e.t / fright night etc, which i suppose was the point, but yeah. also it was nice to see young actors who actually looked like real kids and not mini versions of plastic hollywood people / bieber.

yeah, my thoughts exactly, but unfortunately it did went downhill at the end.

Am I the only one excited for the new TinTin movie?

Just curious.

i am extremely excited for it. The latest international trailer for it makes it look like a far more exciting Spielberg Indiana Jones film than the Crystal Skull was. Also the 3d i hear is stunning, this is was most of the reviewers are saying. And since a lot of reviewers these days seem really burnt out on 3d, i think that bodes well for it.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

wild combination: a protrait of arthur russell

watched this not really as a fan but out of interest in this guy. learnt a lot about him, reminded me of daniel johnson but more stable. defintely made me want to explore his music more, although i felt some of the live footage could put alot of people off looking into him more

it's a shame this movie is at 31% and a pile of dog shit like Paranormal Activity 3 is at 71%

Paranormal Activity 3 - 7/10

I love demons.

I love vhs.

and I love witches.

It has the right amount of all three.

The most ridiculous part of the film resolves into a classic horror film scene.

The babysitter scene.

I am seeing the new 'The Thing' tomorrow because you enjoyed it Awepittance.

I am about to watch the John Carpenter film.

I love Halloween.

yay! :diablo::emotawesomepm9::crazy:

Wait, is P.A. 3 basically Halloween 3'ing the franchise? Because, if so, I might actually watch the fuck out of it.

no, but there is an hommage in the film to 'Halloween'. It isn't that much different from the others. This one has more depth.

The Thing 2011 - 7/10 - Harry Knowles is delusional. Some of the monster scenes were fucking awesome and disgusting and disturbing. Didn't care for the way they connected the two films though, a big plot hole there. and the fact that John Carpenter's 'The Thing' is a fantastic film make it extremely hard to compete.

about to bust out 'The Exorcist'. yay!

I love Halloween, the day and the film.

:diablo::snares:

Guest viscosity

Paranormal Activity 3 is all cheap thrills. allot less substance then the 1st, and basically tailored to make you jump. the part with the babysitter popping on screen in jest just confirms it. it's starting to parody it's own formula.

Transformers 3: Tobasco Sauce Enema/10

complaints: Plot, acting, dubstep noises, explosions, etc...

Pros: the end of the credits screen. I want those 2 hours back.

Just downloaded Planet Terror, gonna watch it sometime tomorrow.

Guest disparaissant

dr strangelove - had to watch it for a class, ahhh best political satire ever.

other than that i've just been watching loads of one piece because i am dating a massive nerd and thats just an excuse its actually really good

dr strangelove - had to watch it for a class, ahhh best political satire ever.

other than that i've just been watching loads of one piece because i am dating a massive nerd and thats just an excuse its actually really good

dr strangelove - fantastic movie!

one piece - haha it's good, isn't it. but it starts to really drag later on (i'm at thriller bark at the moment, haven't watched for months tho)

Guest disparaissant

yeah, i am not a huge fan of anime but one piece is really keeping my interest, the characters are really wonderful. i just finished the arlong park arc. it definitely has a tendency to drag on (every arc ive seen could comfortably use half as many episodes), but it's certainly not the worst ive seen.

Guest disparaissant

yeah, i am not a huge fan of anime but one piece is really keeping my interest, the characters are really wonderful. i just finished the arlong park arc. it definitely has a tendency to drag on (every arc ive seen could comfortably use half as many episodes), but it's certainly not the worst ive seen.

oh, well then i'm some 300 episodes ahead of you and i can tell you, those first arcs really don't drag at all compared to, say, Alabasta or Enies Lobby arc. you'll see when you get there. if you do.

hmm... maybe i should check it out again.

Paranormal Activity 3 is all cheap thrills. allot less substance then the 1st, and basically tailored to make you jump. the part with the babysitter popping on screen in jest just confirms it. it's starting to parody it's own formula.

what gets me most about it is that for a 'found footage' film it looks absolutely unconvincing on it's face. From the scenes and clips i've seen of it i am completely 100% convinced i am watching bad filmmakers making a film, and poor actors acting in a poorly directed bland house set. there is no potential for suspension of disbelief. At Least with movies like Blair Witch or REC they make the footage look convincing aesthetically and acting wise. Paranormal activity seems to be counting on the same people who watch and enjoy Saw to keep it's franchise afloat.

Archived