IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to Squee: hehe! YOU DID THIS!

ummmmm........

INNI - 8/10 - new concert film from Sigur Ros....the recording could be better than the film but the visual effects that are used in the film are minimal and amazing at times, distracting at others. Well worth the money I spent.

the-innkeepers-poster.jpg

6/10, i expected more from the guy who directed "the house of the devil". felt like he couldn't decide whether he wanted it to be a proper horror flick or some goofy comedic mystery thingy.

Guest viscosity

That Warp Films are usually depressing and hopeless as fuck?

that's initially what I thought, but i still enjoy them even though i feel a bit disturbed afterwards. at least they are consistent in that regard

Guest ansgaria

"The Science of Sleep" by Michel Gondry.

As much as I adore this man and venturing into his fucked-up yet playful mind, I didn't enjoy this to the fullest. I had a really, really hard time figuring out the main character, eventhough I know he was stuck in a constant struggle figuering out when to the brave badass of his dreams and the awkward neighbour in real life. At times he even seemed downright mad. Especially his attitude and personality near the end. I just don't get it.

I want to say it was too 'french' for my taste, yet it might sound as if I'm referring to something completely else.

But it was quite enjoyable.

As much as I adore this man and venturing into his fucked-up yet playful mind, I didn't enjoy this to the fullest. I had a really, really hard time figuring out the main character, eventhough I know he was stuck in a constant struggle figuering out when to the brave badass of his dreams and the awkward neighbour in real life. At times he even seemed downright mad. Especially his attitude and personality near the end. I just don't get it.

I want to say it was too 'french' for my taste, yet it might sound as if I'm referring to something completely else.

The soundtrack is awesome

Guest ansgaria

The soundtrack is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a62z_CnbZ3s

Absolutely. That certain melody that keeps popping up in various versions has been stuck in my head for days.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Tucker + dale vs evil

Very good twist on a hillbilly horror film. Its on netflix instant too. Recommended. The version I saw was either crazy edited (to remove the gore) or v low budget : sometimes they didnt/couldnt show so much thtat I didnt know what happened. I would guess budget.

In bruges

Read on here that this was good. Not sure really. Watched it with my wife and her dislike of the switch between comedy and gore(?) at the end lessened my enjoyment of it. I think it would have been a great script to read as I loved the story but as a filim it was only ok. Fienes playing a cockney was a stretch. And they failed to make me understand why ken evem liked ray as he was a dick throughout, so when he did what he did for him, it felt like a stretch too. Maybe a rewatch required.

cave of forgotten dreams herzog/10

this was like omelet with great cheese, well-cooked smoked ham, but some prikface left tiny bits of egg shell in my omelet. still, i eat it, avoiding the shell bits, cos it's made by my slightly dysfunctional uncle.

carnage 7.5/polanski

what does 7.5 on the scale of polanski mean?

Kill List - ??

Was there something I was supposed to know before watching this piece of shit?

Just out of interest what didn't you like about it? I loved it then showed it to my girlfriend and got a big "meh" response, I'm a gay film nerd and do a movie night with friends every week and was planning on bringing this along but now fear I may get torn apart for my choice.

Kill List - ??

Just out of interest what didn't you like about it? I loved it then showed it to my girlfriend and got a big "meh" response, I'm a gay film nerd and do a movie night with friends every week and was planning on bringing this along but now fear I may get torn apart for my choice.

I liked the buildup, I liked the characters, and I liked pretty much everything about it except for the last 10 minutes or so.

Maybe I missed something while watching it but why on earth was the wife suddenly under the blanket? What kind of cult was it?

Kill List - ??

I liked the buildup, I liked the characters, and I liked pretty much everything about it except for the last 10 minutes or so.

Maybe I missed something while watching it but why on earth was the wife suddenly under the blanket? What kind of cult was it?

same here

i was going to give it a 8

My girlfriend started watching mama mia, I couldn't take it for very long, but it's the worst shit I've ever seen. by far. My soul became a black hole/10

Archived