IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - CONFUSION/10

LOL i'm watching it right now and i made a break for smoking... this who did that when them didn't do what i don't even know

i started watching this the other day and just couldn't be bothered to go on after about 30 mins. felt like i had started watching some random british tv drama mid season without any clue what was going on or who anyone were or what they were doing and why, and didn't find it interesting enough to find out / keep up with the clusterfuck of a plot.

you are dead on. I looked it up. The film is, quite literally, a 2-hour film version of a BBC miniseries from 1979. They even put makeup on Oldman to look just like Alec Guinness in the TV version. I would imagine the TV version would work much better.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when i heard ridley scott was returning to scifi, i thought it meant atmosphere and visually too. This feels so clean and sterile compared to Alien and bladerunner that im not even really excited anymore. The mystery of the 'space jockey' or whatever the fuck they call it is best left alone in my strong opinion

so i watched irreversible instead of antichrist and i regret it with every fibre of my being.

"so" why even mention it. feeling particularily sour today? give us something good, give us some sugar..

why is so in quotes?

because i vividly heard your whiny "so" that you started your post with.

i don't like you and i dont like your whiny style.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

ha i did start with so. anyway i'm not whiny i just didnt enjoy this film. i posted 3 reviews this week and i liked 2 of the films so...

Guest ruiagnelo

when i heard ridley scott was returning to scifi, i thought it meant atmosphere and visually too. This feels so clean and sterile compared to Alien and bladerunner that im not even really excited anymore. The mystery of the 'space jockey' or whatever the fuck they call it is best left alone in my strong opinion

well, things change in 30 years. a lot.

which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Big resolution, big problems I say!

Film as a medium doesn't feel that right as clean as they're making them today. It's too hard to comprehend with all the details that moviemakers can't handle anyway.

ha i did start with so. anyway i'm not whiny i just didnt enjoy this film. i posted 3 reviews this week and i liked 2 of the films so...

so? anything new? *brohug*

i watched TAMPOPO again

creeping towards a 9/10 tbh..

Big resolution, big problems I say!

Film as a medium doesn't feel that right as clean as they're making them today. It's too hard to comprehend with all the details that moviemakers can't handle anyway.

yeah, it's really weird watching a shitty a throw away movie like the Yogi Bear movie in pristine HD quality. It's like jeeze guys put a blur filter on it or something i can see the pores in your skin

Guest Pennywise

Paranormal Activity 3 - Hey, look. Same movie again./10

think how cheap it is to make those movies too, lots of profit. What a load of shite.

shit keltoi, i'm gonna go and say that she looks better with that stunning dress on

it is a damn fine dress. she's quite short so the open sides are flatteringly bonerific. also her bewbs aren't exactly remarkable so the sheer floaty fabric suggesting seductively erect nipples sends a rush of blood to the head (of my penis). basically i get what you mean.

Logan's Run (1976) in HD

does HD actually transform old film stock into amazing hi-res? amazing!

"HD" haha. i suppose it's the best digital transfer, compared to video cassettes (no shit sherlock). i'm not a big fan of the film itself, although yes she looks pretty there..

82148.jpg

jenny agutter is enough reason to watch that film but i always liked it regardless.

The correct rating for Logan's Run has always been simply: A/10

where "A" is the subjective enjoyment of viewing Agutter. As a variable, A is dependent on a number of factors, including picture quality (where the picture includes Agutter) and the viewer's attraction to Agutter. So it's not a perfect system. But let's assume that my inherent, subjective enjoyment of Agutter is nontrivial, such that A/10 is usually approaching 1.

Does the digital transfer increase the picture quality sufficiently to give us a 2A or even a 1.2A if we clarify that A is the subjective enjoyment of viewing Agutter in standard definition?

This is really all I'm interested in knowing.

kthx

lol. you're so right though.

re: keloti, i think you'd be quite surprised just how goddam good some really old movies look in HD. Movies on 30mm, no matter how old they are will always be higher resolution than a standard old TV set

keloti? i like it. sounds like a type of bean or pasta.

yeah i'm just not up on the technology. it was a genuine question. i'll check it out although i won't be buying an HD TV any time soon but my folks have one.

Paranormal Activity 3 - Hey, look. Same movie again./10

think how cheap it is to make those movies too, lots of profit. What a load of shite.

Hell, if I could make millions and millions of dollars off of something cheap I would do the exact same thing. Plus, they're ok horror movies. Better than 90% of the rest out there.

Sexual Temptations - Taut, twisting psychological thriller set in and around a gym where shiny muscled Jack Sullivan (Matt Dalpaz) personally trains many attractive young woman between delicately angled scenes of steamy lovemaking with his blonde receptionist. Slowly we learn that pencil drawing, travelling and classical music are among his passions. Carly Davis (Chelsea Blue - "The Voyeur", "Sinful Desire", "Sodomania: Slop Shots 13") is a young, brash brunette FBI agent, posing as a potential client in order to snare Sullivan for a non existent diamond heist he is yet to commit. Briliantly scripted and beautifuly shot, Sexual Temptations poses uncomfortable questions that force the viewer to confront their mortality, the human condition and how far we would go to trap a shiny muscled Diamond stealing Gym owner. 8.931 / 10

drive - 6/10 if i'm feeling generous. brilliantly shot and all but couldn't help feeling like i was watching a mate play gta. the opening scenes and driving scenes in general were awesome. gosling's 'character' (or lack of) seemed like a flimsy homage to more convincing strong silent types like dean or newman. i liked the moody elements of the score but not so much the synth-pop or whatever it was... enjoyable overall but predictable and comically cheesy.

is it just me or has Warner Brothers' Prometheus completely steamrolled over the hype leading up their Avengers release? It only comes out in 4 months and it feels like the studio just gave the fuck up on it. Maybe they realized halfway through that Joss Wheadon was a huge mistake.

drive - 6/10 if i'm feeling generous. brilliantly shot and all but couldn't help feeling like i was watching a mate play gta. the opening scenes and driving scenes in general were awesome. gosling's 'character' (or lack of) seemed like a flimsy homage to more convincing strong silent types like dean or newman. i liked the moody elements of the score but not so much the synth-pop or whatever it was... enjoyable overall but predictable and comically cheesy.

trash, next man>

i didnt see warhorse yet, but for anyone who thinks that cgi technology as it's used today is superior to animatronics, check this out http://www.facebook....v=2840768931148

i wonder what kind of film world we'd be living in if Stan Wintson and Jim Henson lived and were working up until and past 2012 but George Lucas died right after Jedi

i wonder what kind of film world we'd be living in if Stan Wintson and Jim Henson lived and were working up until and past 2012 but George Lucas died right after Jedi

i'm pretty sure in such an idyllic world, 9-11 would never have happened

also i like how futuristic spacesuits put a premium on neck illumination

Guest Xenblake

Chances are they would have sold out at one point had they lived on, sadly. Also maybe not but who knows.

muppets and special effects preventing disasters

Yes, that would be a groovy world i'd like to live in.

Archived