IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whip It 3/10

I wish someone would have told me not to see this, fuck!

Kristen Wiig and Daniel Stern saved it from not being a complete piece of shit...

I guess roller derby chicks need a film as well, do not see this unless you are a roller derby chick or a fan of that shit...

now to watch some high film art, Vampyr, to make up for what I have done to mine brain!

Film Fest recap

Antichrist - Yeah sure it's a delightful piece of provocation but does it have to be so thin? 6/10 mostly for the opening sequence.

Precious - Great acting, good writing and good cinematography. Bogged down by the occasional aesthetic abortion montage or dream sequence. This is going to win all the Oscars this year. 8/10

Un Prophete - Bomb diggity.Good acting, smart script, extremely satisfying closing shot. 9.5/10

The White Ribbon - Fuck you, Haneke, you let me down this time. 7/10

Not since Elliott hugged ET goodbye, has a film had me blubbing as much as Up did last night. 3D tears.

hm, i don't really enjoy playing a hardass, but...really? I felt nothing watching the film, except chuckling at some of the dog bits (the lab voice actor was really good). The old guy (Carl?) and Ellie bits seemed totally calculated to me.

Not since Elliott hugged ET goodbye, has a film had me blubbing as much as Up did last night. 3D tears.

hm, i don't really enjoy playing a hardass, but...really? I felt nothing watching the film, except chuckling at some of the dog bits (the lab voice actor was really good). The old guy (Carl?) and Ellie bits seemed totally calculated to me.

Hats off to pixar for having to cater for fucking everybody though

i agree. AND im russell. was going to take mandy to watch it and have a laugh at me but i previewed and didnt bother :dry:

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

some like it hot 7/10

first time watching. was never a monroe fan until now. holy moly!! never saw what a the fuss was about. that dress!!!!

Anvil: The Story of Anvil 7/10 METAL ON METAL!

The Keep 6/10 not as good as I remember but the score by Tangerine Dream rules! The cinematography is pretty, and the Keep sorcerer looks cool, for back then...(THE 80's!)

The Hurt Locker 8/10 loved it....best Iraq war film to date and was told by people that it is a pro america, go war film, and they have no have no fucking clue about the world around them because they live in a cartoon, this film is not pro-war, that shit does not look fun...

The Hurt Locker 8/10 loved it....best Iraq war film to date and was told by people that it is a pro america, go war film, and they have no have no fucking clue about the world around them because they live in a cartoon, this film is not pro-war, that shit does not look fun...

yes great film. my guess is it was seen as pro war because it didnt have a completely tragic ending.. sometimes the far left are just as annoying as the far right.

i saw spinal tap for the first time the other night. no idea why i hadnt seen it before. need to watch more christopher guest films now. recommendations?

i saw spinal tap for the first time the other night. no idea why i hadnt seen it before. need to watch more christopher guest films now. recommendations?

"A Mighty Wind" if you're on the music tip.

"Best in Show" is also quite good.

Waiting for Guffman is also good, it's the only other Guest movie where he's basically the main character. he plays a flamboyantly gay theatre guy . it's a great film.

if you have the DVD of spinal tap check out the deleted scenes. If you watch them back to back it amounts to about 50 minutes of footage, basically a whole alternate spinal tap film. Inland empire did something like this also, i wish more dvds would do it.

i shall check these guest movies out.

the only problem i have with deleted scenes is that in most cases they only serve to bring a film down. but the spinal tap extras i would watch.. its different with comedy i guess. if somethings funny, its funny.

Guest Mirezzi

Drag Me to Hell - I'm jealous of the fun everybody seemed to have with it. Beyond the first fight with granny, I was totally underwhelmed. I don't remember Evil Dead and Army of Darkness relying on so many cheap/dull scares (E.g. BOO! with huge strings) and I'm sorry, but Drag Me to Hell is nowhere near his other films in the LOL department. It was a plainly terrible idea to give a lead role to an actress as useless as Alison Lohman.

After that weird as no0b thread addressing out Overlook, I decided to watch The Shining for the 1st time it 10 years I'll bet. Now, the main reason why it had been so long was that after reading the book, the film just paled in comparison. Well, yeah, technically it does, but I was able to put that aside and watch the film as a stand alone unit. The only thing I STILL after all these years COULD NOT STAND is Shelly Fucking Duvall. I mean really. WTF was Kubrick thinking? The only decent acting he was able to squeeze out of that Olive Oil looking bitch is in the last 20 min, when she's in abject horror. Fake as fuck the first 2 hours and 10 min. Bitch.

Archived