IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not to be a dick but I think the word you're looking for is oblique, not obtuse. I'm on a bit of a crusade to keep words/phrases from changing, eg., "flesh it out" becoming "flush it out" :cisfor:

yeah you're probably right. That's what I get for trying to sound smart. :facepalm:

EDIT:

signed

MNS - pseudo-intellect

Guest Mirezzi

the other night i watched Mr. Frost. really creepy performance from Goldblum

Absolutely. I will say this: around 1990 or so, there wasn't a more charismatic actor in Hollywood (working regularly) than Jeff Goldblum. Into the Night, The Fly and Mr. Frost...

Vampire Hunter D / Sympathy for Lady Vengeance.

A Clockwork Orange. This is one of my favorites and was one of my revelatory film viewings as a younger lad. I hadn't seen it in a long time and revisiting it anew was a great experience. The design, score and performances are all so much more out there than I remembered. There's always so much going on in every scene. During the scene where Alex is undergoing the treatment - a scene that still makes my eyes twitch in sympathy - the shot of the guys in 19th century army hats raping a girl in a purple curled wig while Wendy Carlos' "Timesteps" plays on the soundtrack just blew my mind about what an anarchistic aesthetic achievement the film is.

BRIL

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Inland Empire - 8/10

Goddamn.

*wipes forehead*

Goddamn.

This one had me fucked up for 2 hours after it was over, meaning a 7 am bed time. I didn't know so many stars had participated in this film. To say I understand every bit of this after the 1st viewing would be a lie, but it wasn't as hard to follow as I thought. Lynch's deliberately obtuse abstractions in this film make even Eraserhead pale in comparison. I loved it. The DV format worked REALLY well for this film, giving it an immediacy and gritty realness that typically only documentaries have. This will definitely be my next DVD purchase. I'm going to stop before diarrhea of the fingers kicks in.

Mullholland Drive is still better.

i haven't seen it since the cinema but i remember leaving the cinema worn out. loved it but drained.

observe & report 5/10

hhmm this film didnt really work. all the sidekicks were painfully bad, most of the comedy fell flat. really flat. the only good thing is anna faris, i think shes incredible. shes not conventionally attractive but always great to watch.

then you learn the guy is bi-polar. you want me to laugh at mental illness? most humour in these kind of films come from mental people but you don't get told their diagnosis and prescription. i found that odd. i prefer to assume that they are just retarded and a bit quirky. i can laugh at retards.

i did enjoy the ending but wished he'd shot him in the head then walked out the mall to silence then roll credits

much prefered the similar paul blart mall cop, oddly enough. even with all the skateboard/bmx crap

zombieland

a fuckton of fun, great cinema movie

i want to nail emma stone

and also the remake of last house n the left

good effort, i saw the unrated version, decent amount of gore, didnt pull many punches, better than expected

i watching 'the young ones' right now and i love it. saw some episodes five or six years ago and its actually better than i remember it being.

TheYoungOnes.jpg

my favorite character

rikpic.jpg

The Seventh Seal - grabbed the blu ray over the weekend... amazing film.

8 1/2 - Not my favorite Fellini film but that opening scene will haunt me for the rest of my days.

watched the first episode of dexter. it was ok. watchable. should i watch anymore? depends if i can get out of bed next sunday

Un homme qui dort 10/10

French cinema at its best.

how did you get a hold of this??

watched the first episode of dexter. it was ok. watchable. should i watch anymore? depends if i can get out of bed next sunday

Definitely watch more... it's grossly addictive.

Guest thanksomuch

i watching 'the young ones' right now and i love it. saw some episodes five or six years ago and its actually better than i remember it being.

TheYoungOnes.jpg

my favorite character

rikpic.jpg

i love the young ones. i have to watch all the peisodes at least once every two months or so.

I watched this terribly shitty movie called "Lady Terminator" last night. It was terrible, and shitty. Didn't even have any good lol/campy factors to it. i was so disappoitned *plops the fucker back in the netflicks envelope and sends it on it's way*

watchin Blood Simple for the first time...fucking fnally.

excellent film, im surprised with all the film fags on Watmm ' A serious man' their newest movie (its been out for over a week) seems to have gone under almost everyone's radar

Archived