IGNORED

New Aphex Twin Album Due This Year

Joyrex

drukqs brought along a lot of teenagers to aphex that otherwise don't belong. drukqs is the best. drukqs this, drukqs that. APhex only best release. blah, blah, blah. Drill heads. Little kids

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"James has seemingly wrecked his own career."

That article is retarded. He has chosen not to put any music out, and people are calling his career wrecked? Whenever he does release anything, it sells like fucking hotcakes....I heard the analord sales were through the roof, especially for all-vinyl releases. Plus, he gets a shit ton of money for the DJ sets he plays.

So tell me, how the fuck is his career wrecked? Maybe he's just not that interested in putting out music often anymore...he probably has other interests and hobbies. It's not like he put out a bunch of records that nobody bought and then faded away.

Guest narkeworld
drukqs brought along a lot of teenagers to aphex that otherwise don't belong. drukqs is the best. drukqs this, drukqs that. APhex only best release. blah, blah, blah. Drill heads. Little kids

I agree.

ok. but drukqs is a beautiful composition nonetheless.

i think aphex can be compared to modern composers. he doesn't just shit out music (well maybe he does), but there is obviously more to it. now he's aging, but with someone who loves music that much, we probably can expect to see him releasing things till death do us part, and there is no reason to believe that he won't consistently wow us.

Guest tronicphace
Plus, he gets a shit ton of money for the DJ sets he plays.

I was wondering about this lately. If he doesn't care about what other people want, like the Warp dude was saying, and money is an issue, then maybe that's why he's been doing so many shows over the past year. Maybe DJ shows pay out far better than releasing albums, so he's just focusing his energy where it's worth the most.

I wonder actually how much better the DJ shows pay than releasing albums...

Plus, he gets a shit ton of money for the DJ sets he plays.

I was wondering about this lately. If he doesn't care about what other people want, like the Warp dude was saying, and money is an issue, then maybe that's why he's been doing so many shows over the past year. Maybe DJ shows pay out far better than releasing albums, so he's just focusing his energy where it's worth the most.

I wonder actually how much better the DJ shows pay than releasing albums...

when he was in the netherlands in 2007 there were rumours he got 50.000 for just around 2 hours worth of DJing

It really does pay much better for him than releasing music I reckon (in the short run anyway), especially when he's releasing it like a sort of underground album, like Rushup Edge.

Guest maddestmax

I just read an interview with steve Beckett in german GROOVE magazine.

He states that Aphex Twin has signed a contract for three new albums.

He also says there will be a release of an elaborate box set with all sorts of archive material (not only Aphex) for the 20th anniversary.

:beer:

He also says there will be a release of an elaborate box set with all sorts of archive material (not only Aphex) for the 20th anniversary.

any proof... I just don't want to freak out like last time (konklaver)

any proof... I just don't want to freak out like last time (konklaver)

word

hope you're not bullshitting us maddestmax :angry:

Guest hahathhat
the main culprits for analord-style copying can be found on this board, myself proudly being one of them.

well, at the time it came out, i actually hadn't heard much stuff like that. i'm sure ceephax, or many others, could have also gotten me into the sound. i wouldn't call it copying, though... more like, "oh, neat, let's try that." i'd really say it more flavours the music than defines it -- ditto for EKT section.

zomg. scan?

Guest maddestmax

I bullshit you not.

I have scanned proof for WATMM.

The resolution is a bit low, but readable.

I underlined the gist of it with red lines on page #4.

post-4856-1240775226_thumb.jpg

post-4856-1240775281_thumb.jpg

post-4856-1240775323_thumb.jpg

post-4856-1240775457_thumb.jpg

translation?

I'm translating the first red underlined part.

"Gerade erst hat zum Beispiel Aphex Twin einen neuen Vertrag über drei weitere Alben mit uns abgeschlossen."

--> To bring an example, just now Aphex Twin closed a contract with us for three further albums.

First post btw :)

Guest maddestmax

Translating this is a cute idea.

I am sorry but I can't be arsed right now.

Its basically an interview focusing on the beginnings of the label, first signings, etc.

I wonder though if this actually the only place beckett has talked about the three LP contract.

There is also a foto of Aphexs first demo for warp on page #2. Jazzband?

Guest maddestmax

oK

I'll do the underlined part and a bit:

Just now Aphex Twin signed a contract for three further albums.

This is big thing for us of course. Now it all depends on when he thinks he'll have the right material to release the next album.

The other bit:

There will be a series of special releases. A best-of-album put together by fans and a compilation where artists reinterpret their favorite warp tracks. Those will be more like cover versions than remixes. We're also working on an elaborate box of unreleased archive material.

Guest hahathhat

danke.

it'd take me a while to translate this (german classes were years ago), but i will if no one else does.

translation?

I'm translating the first red underlined part.

"Gerade erst hat zum Beispiel Aphex Twin einen neuen Vertrag über drei weitere Alben mit uns abgeschlossen."

--> To bring an example, just now Aphex Twin closed a contract with us for three further albums.

First post btw :)

high five!

welcome to the board!

Archived