IGNORED

New Aphex Twin Album Due This Year

Joyrex

Guest Helper ET

thanks oOOo

part of me wants to start releasing my music now, because im so damn sure of it that i know aphex will eventually start releasing similar sounding music, which destroys my current agenda. sorry continue aphex twin discussion now...

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm betting you guys are gonna hate it when it comes out. Always happens when an artist releases a new album after many years.

Possible album - 2009/10

Tuss - 2007

Chosen Lords (i know) - 2006

Analords - 2005

Drukqs - 2001

It really hasn't been all that long, guys.

Guest Helper ET

i would sacrifice every single aphex release since 2001, and in the next coming 10 years, if i knew that in doing so, he would release another album as good as drukqs

i would sacrifice every single aphex release since 2001, and in the next coming 10 years, if i knew that in doing so, he would release another album as good as I care because you do.

i would sacrifice every single member of watmm, and in the next coming 10 years, if i knew that in doing so, he would release another album as good as drukqs, rdj, habs, saw, windowlicker, icbyd

I'm hoping for a return to his 'classic' sound, but with new ideas - I think the 'Manchester Track' as it's been labeled as is a good example of this - classic melodies, excellent beats, and nice switch ups in the track's direction.

And it's safe to assume that the WARP release will be under Aphex Twin - I think before Richard decided to release the Tuss material on Rephlex himself, I think he was considering releasing it under Aphex Twin, but perhaps the legal wrangling over use of the name wasn't complete (if there was any wrangling needed, that is), or in the end decided it wasn't 'Aphex Twin worthy' and chose to play the mystery alias game to see how long or if he could get away with it.

It would really be awesome if he did some new Polygon Window tracks - some of my favourite Aphex songs are PW tunes.

Guest Grizz
honestly wouldnt be surprised if he puts some dubstep in it.

^dont hurt me

I would. I wouldn't be suprised if he put out some current value esque insane D & B shit in there. Although he's not one to follow suit of anyone else though really

Guest Rabid
Whatever he releases I'll just be happy to hear more of his music, Basshunter doesnt fill the void for me.

Never mention him in this subforum, again.

Guest Calx Sherbet
i would sacrifice every single aphex release since 2001, and in the next coming 10 years, if i knew that in doing so, he would release another album as good as the....oh, i don't know......ANALORDS??

Guest melotronic
Whatever he releases I'll just be happy to hear more of his music, Basshunter doesnt fill the void for me.

Never mention him in this subforum, again.

^ word

there is no place for basshunter on these boards

I'm hoping for a return to his 'classic' sound, but with new ideas - I think the 'Manchester Track' as it's been labeled as is a good example of this - classic melodies, excellent beats, and nice switch ups in the track's direction. tunes.

this....

?

me like

Guest catsonearth
I'm hoping for a return to his 'classic' sound, but with new ideas - I think the 'Manchester Track' as it's been labeled as is a good example of this - classic melodies, excellent beats, and nice switch ups in the track's direction. tunes.

this....

?

me like

yea, that's an awesome track.

Guest coupler
let's get both camps in by saying aphex has teamed up with BOC

i also heard the tuss is gonna play keyboards live for them when the Aphex Twins tour their new album

Guest Glass Plate

if you want music like that just listen to Drew Nuemann

shit sounds just like it :P

Guest analogue wings

i'd like to hear rdj tackle a "new" sound that "the kids" are into a la vibert and mu ziq, but his dj sets would seem to indicate that he doesnt really listen to dubstep, grime, funky, tropical etc. just old shit and new shit that sounds like old shit (eg tipper)

i'd like to hear rdj tackle a "new" sound that "the kids" are into a la vibert and mu ziq, but his dj sets would seem to indicate that he doesnt really listen to dubstep, grime, funky, tropical etc. just old shit and new shit that sounds like old shit (eg tipper)

wtf ... I think what makes richard so great is he doesn't ever sound like "the kids"

Guest analogue wings

wtf ... I think what makes richard so great is he doesn't ever sound like "the kids"

um. are you saying he's never worked in a "hip" sound? (HAB cough cough)

or that his interpretation of hip sounds would sound different to the "street" version? (like Vibert's take on dubstep)

Archived